I start like this in the fast 10 minute on fast forward game speed, how do you start a fresh game ?

There is so little happening in the forum, any post is welcome :p

@sakura_sk started fresh on swampy again like you suggested - Terra is just nerve wrecking for me with the 2x110 celsius water and Klei hasn`t touched the dlc Terra world generation in ages. I like the Terra 2nd deck oil biome though a lot, its always superb...It has lots of ice, AETN & wheezies :adoration: Praying for regolith everywhere !

image.thumb.png.ab7d7223cdd54a4e82a801577a8f8b7a.pngimage.png.be1ad1996fe32d963ea8b15346720d91.png

image.thumb.png.cdef20686d1c8f70d262dcc7948d3539.pngimage.thumb.png.6f747ddc4ea7ab2e9ef1981d192c5faf.pngimage.thumb.png.4090c64849745e2c6192b29343ab7e9d.png

Next 10 minutes step to do...

Addinging 3x advanced research stations and making dupes hardcore miners and builders + building a big water basin.

Nice thread ! Looking forward to seeing screencaps.
I like to build one central ladder, 4 tiles large (ladder, pole, and a little jump on each side), and then 4 tiles high floors :) But sometimes I want symmetry and build a small room around the Pod

1 hour ago, Yunru said:

Since you covered your first 20 minutes, so shall I:

Step 1 - Select Terra

Step 2 - Reroll one or more dupes

Step 3 - Go to Step 2

Whats the first things you do on Terra :confused: Any screenshots of your first humble fresh beginnings are welcome my friend :cheerful:

image.png.dd309cf616434d6d8d470444f3bff63e.png

I typically start out with a Builder, Digger and Researching.

My colony grows fairly organically as my needs arise. The first few cycles are about getting access to water and building an Outhouse, Washbasin, Cots and a Research Station.  Then I get some power going.  I contain my liquids as best as possible.  If it's a Swamp start I'll start looking for my Plug Slugs.  If it's a Terra start I'll start looking at where my temperature problems are likely to start occurring which I will then typically mishandle mid game and the Scalding begins.

i go swamp since with terra it rather easy to fry your nitwits with the geysers there let alone the nasty that is the slime and the germs it brings since unless you super heat it or store in clorine your going to get problems

Heres my 45 cycle base if it seem like a settled base this is because this screen was taken after i kept my dupes on red alert and yellow all over the place to build and research non stop since start

i do have some errors in there to correct of course.toilet ratio..rooms order..the bassin is in the way...and clean o2. strangely i dont find my printing pod sending much useful stuff trough care packages.i play modded but nothing making it too cheaty it would have bored me 

i did plan to isolate this cube with a vaccum i have yet to check my options for the exits,the rooms locations,my dupe ratio,off wich i plan to send a few off to the next planet right away, i will have to move some building cause of the heat but since im on swamp cooling is a bit less urgent 

supernova1.gif

2 hours ago, Swoop5994 said:

the rooms locations

You do realize that the size of your central rooms is 84 cells, right? It's not much for a stable, but it's a lot for a barracks. Latrine also is too big. I mean, room size.

You can also set the direction of the sinks so that dudes wash their hands when they run in that direction (lock the left bunker door and set the direction to the right on the sinks, this optimizes the time to visit the latrine).

you guys build insulation around your base like a box?  that seems inefficient with dupe time, my mealwood are just hitting 30c with the 2 insulated walls but i did add a drecko ranch under it.  i'm just starting on a cooling loop but i'll probably start a mushroom farm soon as i just collected all 40t of slime in a small chlorine room

seems like people would rather insulate the world than insulate the heat producing csv...  and yes, i am metal refining gold with the water at the bottom, it's at 40c currently

image.thumb.png.b9f5a1402217e6efd4fda30c77a85c62.png

Played another 5 minutes on my fresh Swamp dlc colony - Cycle 7 now on fast forward. Perhaps it helps some new players to the game :p

:cheerful: Show off your starter base :cheerful:

> Started to convert the 50-100 ton Polluted Dirt to Dirt with composters

> First Oxygen production using Pdirt

> 5 dupes currently, made one supplier to deliver stuff and 1 dupe an operator to use machinery

> Contrary to playing the Terra map I will not insulate my base for long time as Swamp is a cold map

> Researching with 3 base stations, will build 3 more advanced research stations soon

> Both -10 geysers accessible now, I play "open plan" and will let all water drop in to a lower located fluid basin. Maybe I will make one of the -10 geysers to a colony ice factory. That is what I normally change minus geysers in to.

image.thumb.png.290bed010777e862a0e2321fa8b46589.pngimage.thumb.png.86f683fe047906160ac81e1dbf7c938f.png

Excavating small dlc maps goes fast. For fresh colonies I often give the first 10 dupes or so the digging skills.

image.thumb.png.90934d8c0536df57f60e59b129b816f2.png

image.thumb.png.e4186baa34dc51cbaa925097177f1180.png

The forming fluid basin at the bottom, want to melt the ice tiles away once I get the water heated up with machinery. On Terra I would protect a valuable Wheezie plant, on Swamp its cold anyway...So away with it now, using it later for my Ice Factory. Wild Pacu Party ! :excitement:

On 2/24/2021 at 10:21 PM, MachineryMan said:

You do realize that the size of your central rooms is 84 cells, right? It's not much for a stable, but it's a lot for a barracks. Latrine also is too big. I mean, room size.

You can also set the direction of the sinks so that dudes wash their hands when they run in that direction (lock the left bunker door and set the direction to the right on the sinks, this optimizes the time to visit the latrine).

yeah it's modded so room size is not really an issue (all rooms are set to max 256 lol) but yeah some are too big of course I'm still balancing. I love to have options to my bases, not like Fullrene in the printing pod on cycle 1. more in the range of being able to split rooms and expand without too much demolition. Wont be perfect anytime soon haha no shame, this game would be boring if the perfect colony was a model everyone took. Started a new one yesterday on test branch planned differently.

9 hours ago, babba said:

Humble beginnings ( +8 graves to fill )

image.thumb.png.4f5655b275189f58d62c920c8f75c26b.pngimage.png.56e12afd4ceab4b2a3d60c1c8d0bf77b.png

wow nice babba i really like that is not like the same 4 high x same lenght as everyone rooms instead your base seems dangling on ropes hahaha but seriously you mined the crap off this map,how dp you manage the fact that hydrogen is seems to be filling the bedrooms 

Hey @Swoop5994 :p

Thanks for your feedback. Your welcome to post your base, any new thread screenies are welcome.

I`m on cycle 144 now. Until cycle 1000 or so I will let the Hydrogen flow through the base, then I will build a dedicated proper hydrogen box with 20 electrolyzers in it or so and hopefully have some ice factory running - Ive installed Hydrogen generators now at the top, the beds are currently getting sucked free :adoration:

I started excavating the 2nd oil biome now, once I get Petroleum ( for stacked  petro rockets and 200K power grid network/10-20 petro generators = also pwater ) from the 2nd to the 1st biome then I will build a giant steam room in the 1st biome at cycle 1500 or so. In to that steam room I`ll put the rockets, engines and all the machinery. Long way to go :lol:

Hopefully flying rockets at cycle 2000 - 3000 fetching other asteroid materials and then hopefully at cycle 4000 or something I want to run reactors ( rubbing my hands ! ). The way to there is the joy l :angel:

For me temperature is the most important counter, so "Warmth not included (Wni) " would be the right game title - The cold swamp map is perfect for me for starters. It is all still the very beginning, I`m still in the excavating phase. All ice will soon be melted ( need to produce more heat :lol: ) and then I will hookup the AETN.

Once Klei stops messing with the games dlc savefiles/content, by the end of the year, then I`ll start fresh and want to play in Survival in 2022 - Currently I`m playing in NoSweat.

Post some stuff my friend and have a nice weekend, babba

P.S. Its good to have a large graveyard, I often have space for 40-200. Everybody shall have a final home. More graves than beds :confused:

image.thumb.png.ef925761b5d99afdd21ec1bf46e35eb0.pngimage.thumb.png.c0c7ff03aa980acdc5ad6726509998d0.png

I must consolidate all the water into 2 tanks before anything substantial gets done. Sometimes they are forced to sleep on the floor and pee right there until they get the job done! Before they are allowed ANY morale maybe even starvation nearly gets us because I was so busy moving water around.

Chop chop.

Share screenshot later.

Archived