Most Efficient Sanity Station?

I'm looking to build a Sanity Station, half for actual purpose half for decorative reasons. All I can really find are posts about the old Wendy Sanity station.

Is the best stationary sanity station purely just a field of Evil Flowers while wearing a Bee Crown?

Would a Sisturn full of petals in the Middle of said Evil Flowers provide an additional sanity boost? Is this counterproductive and would tightly packed Evil Flowers with Bee Crown be better than including the Sisturn?

Is there a better or even more decorative/interesting way to make an efficient sanity station? Maybe having a handful of pet Treeguards in a pen?

Open to any ideas and suggestions! Thanks in advance!

I already have a Werepig Farm in my base which gives a huge sanity boost to full but only during a full moon - I'm looking for something that can be used anytime.

Well there is a variety of things you could do to achieve a high passive sanity gain in a single area. You could load up a Sisturn with flowers, place Glommer, Friendly Fruit Fly and Chubby Beefalo next to it, and position the sisturn near a celestial fissure as well.

You could also wear a Hibearnation vest in combination with a Tam O' Shanter for even more of an effect. Alternatively (hopefully someone here will correct me if my theory is wrong) you could get some Dark Flowers to litter around the Sisturn and wear a Bee Queen Crown instead of a Shanter because the wording on the wiki seems to imply that it would convert half of their insanity aura's into sanity, without inhibiting the sanity aura's of the previous items; thus potentially resulting in even more sanity over time.

I'm sure many other users here have much better ideas than the ones I've presented, so I hope this helps at all.

The fastest sanity station I have ever seen was on Jazzy's endless server. where someone dumped an entire star caller staff and moon caller staff on a single spot.
200 sanity in about 10 seconds.
Efficient? No not in the slightest. Fast? Oh yeah

Spoiler

Sanity go brrrrrrrrr

Screenshot_105.thumb.png.e26890721735938714e843bb57e354b9.png

image.thumb.png.94dc2884df3884afa52a40465201aa18.pngI got one with this and vargs but the only problem is that once it is unloaded the hounds will eat the bait
  i think there is a way to make it possible to have anenemies on the inside with the bait if the bait box was larger so that way the hounds can die when unloaded

but i am not sure if anenemies are fire proof. can some one check that for me?

9 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

image.thumb.png.94dc2884df3884afa52a40465201aa18.pngI got one with this and vargs but the only problem is that once it is unloaded the hounds will eat the bait
  i think there is a way to make it possible to have anenemies on the inside with the bait if the bait box was larger so that way the hounds can die when unloaded

the hounds eat the bait in this set up because you use a statue to keep them out, and statues load slower than mobs. If you use a door instead it should be fine.

2 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

they just break the door if that is the case

have you tried it? :)  Varg hounds should not attack walls/doors if they have a bait.

edit: even if they don't have a bait actually, they still shouldn't attack those. They behave very different from wave hounds.

3 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

have you tried it? :)  Varg hounds should not attack walls/doors if they have a bait.

yeah you are correct.  they wont attack the walls. I remember testing this in the past. and the reason i wanted to use a statue was so that the hounds would get funneled into a wicker  tentacle trap.

for afk farming purposes.
image.thumb.png.835813f71dad904b7f271422dc508346.png

2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

there's also Totally Normal Trees, the ones planted via mad scientist lab that is

These only have a sanity drain during Hallowed Nights, outside of the event they function like normal - totally normal trees unfortunately :(

1 hour ago, BeeClops said:

The best surface solutions are probably Treeguards and Varg hounds. Sisturn with evil flowers planted around is slower but still decent imo.

Yeah I might try and pen some Treeguards and use them in the end. I hate Varg Farms/setups, I just don't understand the point of them - they generate resources that you already naturally end up swimming in.

18 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

Thank you for the example and screenshot but I'm not a fan of Varg Farms.. too dangerous..

4 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

I hate Varg Farms/setups, I just don't understand the point of them - they generate resources that you already naturally end up swimming in.

Well here is your misconception, the main purpose of the Varg farms is usually moonrock, something you really can't mass produce otherwise. Having it as a sanity station comes as a bonus, or using it for gems/meat.

however yeah they are dangerous, annoying to set up, and a million things can go wrong.

6 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Maybe having a handful of pet Treeguards in a pen?

It’s not very decorative, but it’s probably the most efficient right now: always available, no “fuel” involved and unlike with the Varg or the tentacles there’s low risk of getting killed by it (just don’t hit them of course)

26 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

That was still about the same rate i was getting with the hounds. and the varg
the varg isnt even that hard to manage. Once you place a bait majority of the hounds will go for the bait. 
can still technically plant flowers and turn them evil too for extra sanity  on the crown  for mine.
plus it also means you don't have to use glitches to get them on a boat :D
glitch less is always a plus1 on any tactic

you do have to sacrifice a lureplant though  or maybe even just trap a pig rabbit or bunnyman.

2 hours ago, BeeClops said:

Well here is your misconception, the main purpose of the Varg farms is usually moonrock, something you really can't mass produce otherwise. Having it as a sanity station comes as a bonus, or using it for gems/meat.

however yeah they are dangerous, annoying to set up, and a million things can go wrong.

Only some are actually built with moon rock in mind though no? Aren't many just for the meat, teeth and gems? Also Moon rock is not something I'll ever need a farm for either. I only use it for decorative walls and for Moon Rock Idols and I have a ridiculous amount stashed away.

Yeah just too risky/dangerous and annoying to set up for me.

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Only some are actually built with moon rock in mind though no? Aren't many just for the meat, teeth and gems? Also Moon rock is not something I'll ever need a farm for either. I only use it for decorative walls and for Moon Rock Idols and I have a ridiculous amount stashed away.

Yeah just too risky/dangerous and annoying to set up for me.

I would imagine most people who build a Varg farm do it for moonrock, there are much easier ways to get meat and gems as you pointed out too. But moonrock walls are extremely expensive(you need 48 moonrock for just 4 tall walls), and astral detectors are pretty cool.

Archived