Farming question: sanity food I can grow?

Tomatoes are great, 1tomato+2stonefruit+1ice gives you stinger. And the best part is that if you dont want sanity you can simply cook them to get 20 health

Asparagus can be placed in the recipe instead tomatoes

Onions+tomatoes gives you salsa fresca, i think the recipe was 1 onion+tomatoe+1veggie+1filler

Edit: portatoes works for sanity too. 1 potatoe+2fillers except meat+1twigg gives you the fancy tubular potatoes or whatever is called

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Oh, if you want not dish sanity food then you are right i think watermelons is the only one that gives sanity

Due to the new "Talking" feature, I've gotten a mass supply of potato seeds and found  myself having a mass supply of potatoes, so I'm taking advantage of the new farming.

There are valid sanity options using potatoes, but they do require cooking in a crockpot. 

Fancy spiralled tubers give 15 sanity for 1 potato 1 twig and 2 filler.

Creamy potato puree is probably the best option, 2 potato 1 garlic and 1 filler for 33 sanity.

As far as the best cooked single veggie for sanity, that's watermelon, giving 5 sanity raw and 7,5 cooked. (edit:wrong values)

I suppose you're talking about vegetables that we can grow, then the only one that restores sanity is watermelon. A grilled watermelon will give you 7.5 sanity, and you can easiely make a Melonsicle with ice and twigs for 20 sanity

But I rather advise you to build mushroom planters and put green caps in it, they restore 15 sanity when cooked

1 minute ago, Toutan said:

I suppose you're talking about vegetables that we can grow, then the only one that restores sanity is watermelon. A grilled watermelon will give you 7.5 sanity, and you can easiely make a Melonsicle with ice and twigs for 20 sanity

But I rather advise you to build mushroom planters and put green caps in it, they restore 15 sanity when cooked

Dont forget dryed kelp.Doesnt take and entire day to get dry and restores arround 15 if i dont remember bad. 

In one world was my way to go when i wanted quick sanity before leaving the base

7 minutes ago, Notecja said:

1 potato, 1 berry and two sticks. Not sure why people are using 2-3 potatoes and/or extra veggies (I usually on this abuse all my sticks, so on some point I have to use less sticks)
image.thumb.png.d2c70b4377826ffac1317c2743346815.png

What else are you going to do with so many potatoes that  you can't fit in your icebox anymore?
I'm aware that you can cook it more cheaply that but it's better to use all those potatoes in recipes than letting it all rot.

3 minutes ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

What else are you going to do with so many potatoes that  you can't fit in your icebox anymore?
I'm aware that you can cook it more cheaply that but it's better to use all those potatoes in recipes than letting it all rot.

More spiralled fancy tubers. Usually is better to share optimized recipes and leave to OP if he wants to optimize or not. 

5 hours ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

I'd just waste cooking them in the firepit while everyone else in the camp focus on their favorite meals. My potato farming isn't bothering anyone, so I might just go for melon farming to save time from cooking.

Toma Roots easily go well with Potatoes in the farms and they are great in two essential sanity dishes: Vegetable Stinger and Salsa Fresca. For stinger simply put Toma Root + 1.5 Vegetable + Ice.

Asparagus stands in for Toma Root in winter and early spring, so you can keep making vegetable stingers all year. At least that's my most common go-to sanity food. If you're Winona, extra score, you even get decent hunger from it. 

Onions aren't bad to grow and they like the same seasons Toma Roots favour. As such, when you got onions, just throw one and a Toma Root in for an easy Salsa Fresca. Additionally if you have Leafy Meat, you can go for a Veggie Burger with Leafy Meat, 1 Onion and 1 Vegetable. It's a decent food with almost equal Health, Hunger and Sanity restoration.

Pumpkins are superb hunger crops but you can  easily 'upgrade' them to give 15 Sanity too if you have Honey Farms too, Just throw in two pieces of honey and a pumpkin, and even monster meat works as filler I believe.

Potatoes are easily the ultimate crops and besides their great stats when eaten cooked, they have two great sanity recipes. Spiralled Potato Tubers are easy to make, can take two twigs and give a decent 15 sanity boost.

Garlic, while not a great crop if Warly isn't around, is still needed for making the Creamy Potato Puree when coupled with two potatoes, which is quite a great recipe in all stats, shining especially in restoring sanity. 

Watermelons are basically made for sanity so in Spring and Summer, they are your go-to sanity crop. They give 5 sanity raw and 7.5 sanity cooked, or you can throw in an ice and a stick to make Melonsickle, which restores 20 Sanity.

Eat all these foods in rotation and you'll never have low sanity unless you desire.

Archived