Why is it overloading?

13 hours ago, PeydaY said:

What am i missing?

Let the game show where the event is happening. Do pause right when you see the notification and click on it. The screen should be centered on the offending bit of cable.

I had something similar happen when migrating to 2kw wire from 1kw wire and that's how I nipped it in the bud... (The potential load for that part of my base rounded up to 10kw, but I digress.)

Another funny thing that happens is that I get what I call "overload flashes" any time one queues cable changes in the build and the dupes actually build/deconstruct. It will be red for a bit and then corrects itself.

I guess those last ones are just events that are safe to disregard.

I agree with someone above that You have somewhere a wire that is unable to withstand the load.
Additionally, I wouldn't recommend You using heavy watt wires inside the base. They are affecting decor significantly. Conductive wires are not affecting decor at all.

Maybe You could try something like this:
obraz.thumb.png.e8d5220c1bdac3c2aba67a460ce9df9a.png

obraz.thumb.png.8510ec77d29548bdc657672db5eebc62.png

7 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Nope, it shows you the current tile, not the entire line.

Each tile shows the same load for the whole line unless there`s a transformer in between (in that case it`s no longer the same line). It shows it can peak above 2kW so it`s enough to overload a piece of regular or conductive wire if some is connected to the main line.

IMO easiest way to find the problematic part of the circuit is to let it take overload damage and see where it breaks.

5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

IMO easiest way to find the problematic part of the circuit is to let it take overload damage and see where it breaks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as they may have changed it, but doesn't the overload damage occur anywhere on the overloading circuit at random, even on segments that would normally be fine? 

6 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, as they may have changed it, but doesn't the overload damage occur anywhere on the overloading circuit at random, even on segments that would normally be fine? 

I don't think that's the case? If a wire overloads, it's always the part that is overloading from my experience.

I know this is not a solution for your problem, but you could use batteries to make "small" circuits, 1kW each, and cheat the system - and use normal wire (almost) everywhere except for 1kW+ producers, check out the link in my signature for info(it's an old topic, but still relevant).

@Yunru Looking at my tutorial, (unless something changed, which I doubt) it says the circuit takes damage in random places, so a heavy wire might burn out even if you have a normal wire connected in a dead end somewhere(yikes!)

Archived