Theory: Curio Collector judge is not the same Curio Collector

This theory is out there but it makes me wonder something:

Is the year of the beefalo judge the same as the curio collector from the Trade inn?

image.png.ad5106b72da2824707c5d7a46caebfbe.pngHis font is different from the one in the Trade Inn.5ca8e56358998_noxdescription.thumb.png.c83e8e21e919daec6f071415591580b8.png

If he's not speaking the Belisa Plumilla Manual font in universe of the game, is this even the same person? 

image.png.7a97ef560e08ab14d039498c4ce657fc.pngGoing by size, he's about the same as NPC Maxwell and Charlie. So this is one of the shadows than of the chibi sized Constant residents(take Pearl or Billiam for example).

The differences brought my mental state back to leaked treasure chest trader when the Forge was brought to the public. A way more polite Trader to the Tom Waitsy Curio Collector:

The dialogue in the trade inn mini games kind of don't match with this farmer/rancher Judge character but this might mean more nuance for the curio collector? I'm probably needing more citations and patterns before my theory adds up.

the font thing is probably just an oversight since the skin trader is like... old. custom fonts weren't really a thing in don't starve yet (when he was originally added. plus the font used for him ingame would look weird for the menus)

the horn thing is most likely another oversight

7 hours ago, Well-met said:

Yes it is the same person. To claim otherwise would be some absurd reach in logic, or even a little bit of denial?

2 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

the judge has no horns, a different font, and no accent. i think you're onto something.

I'm shocked there's no references to the mini-games in his dialogue. 

So I'm going to wait until the devs clarify.

7 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

CRASH BANDICOOT

Someone needs to mod him doing the dance.:wilson_ecstatic:

Archived