I'm Making a Game about Beefalos and i need help!

Hello! i'm making a game about beefalos! will be 2d with a cool story! i need help with animations, for new the characters are pictures with a carrat...

how i can get the animations of tamed beefalo, festive beefalos from the new update, carrat, malbatros, klaus, tall bird, merm king, merm, pig king, pigman? plsexplen to me how or just give me the animations if you have it... (they needs to be png)

14 minutes ago, UrsuAmiel said:

Hello! i'm making a game about beefalos! will be 2d with a cool story! i need help with animations, for new the characters are pictures with a carrat...

how i can get the animations of tamed beefalo, festive beefalos from the new update, carrat, malbatros, klaus, tall bird, merm king, merm, pig king, pigman? plsexplen to me how or just give me the animations if you have it... (they needs to be png)

Spoiler

Tutorial for extracting animations ^

try and make sure you dont get in any legal/copyright trouble by the way.

Wait... You're making a game about DS/DST beefalo? You know they're Klei's property right? It's their art, their work... every image, animation and sound is the property of Klei. That's copyright infringement - and not only illegal, but down right disrespectful and distasteful. 

10 minutes ago, MsSha said:

Wait... You're making a game about DS/DST beefalo? You know they're Klei's property right? It's their art, their work... every image, animation and sound is the property of Klei. That's copyright infringement - and not only illegal, but down right disrespectful and distasteful. 

It's probably just a lil fan project. I doubt they have plans to publish it

1 minute ago, Flusap said:

It's probably just a lil fan project. I doubt they have plans to publish it

I can only go by what has been said, and they need to be aware that to make even one penny off of anything made with Klei assets would be illegal.

13 minutes ago, MsSha said:

As long as they don't monetize in anyway, it is fine. If Klei just so happens to issue DMCA, they can work around with re-texturing into their own assets. I don't like creative ideas getting fear mongered by copyright strike, which is a common tactic in the West.

5 minutes ago, MsSha said:

I can only go by what has been said, and they need to be aware that to make even one penny off of anything made with Klei assets would be illegal.

I spose, it just sounds innocent enough. I don't think they should feel like they're disrespecting Klei or being distasteful. It seems like they just love the characters and want to play around with them with game design.

Just now, KeshS said:

As long as they don't monetize in anyway, it is fine. If Klei just so happens to issue DMCA, they can work around with re-texturing into their own assets. I don't like creative ideas getting fear mongered by copyright strike, which is a common tactic in the West.

I made my comment out of respect for artists, designers, programmers and all of those who put their time and heart into their work - Klei. It's far from "fear mongered"... it's called respect and an understanding for ones hard work (and property). If OP had stated they're working a fan project, I wouldn't have said a thing, however they stated "I'm making a game" and in more words "and I want to use some of this games assets, how do I get the animations to do that". That's not right. Odd you see me as the one out of line in this thread, but okay. 

5 minutes ago, MsSha said:

I made my comment out of respect for artists, designers, programmers and all of those who put their time and heart into their work - Klei. It's far from "fear mongered"... it's called respect and an understanding for ones hard work (and property). If OP had stated they're working a fan project, I wouldn't have said a thing, however they stated "I'm making a game" and in more words "and I want to use some of this games assets, how do I get the animations to do that". That's not right. Odd you see me as the one out of line in this thread, but okay. 

Well yeah, you're the only one being passive aggressive towards a person that just wants to share an idea and ask for help, though i'll give you that they didn't specify much, so it'd be better to ask them firstly before jumping the gun with entire property agenda.

@UrsuAmiel Do you mind giving a bit more indepth description about the project you're working on?

16 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Well yeah, you're the only one being passive aggressive towards a person that just wants to share an idea and ask for help, though i'll give you that they didn't specify much, so it'd be better to ask them firstly before jumping the gun with entire property agenda.

@UrsuAmiel Do you mind giving a bit more indepth description about the project you're working on?

I'm only the second comment of what was two comments. I wasn't rude nor putting them/their idea down, I made an honest comment on the reality of things. Could I have worded it a bit more nicely? Sure, I suppose so. But I've seen games that I adore literally ripped off and remade with poorly touched up textures and an only slightly different name slapped on it; knowing the work they put into them, this topic leaves a bad taste in my mouth - and all OP mentioned was "I'm making a game, how do I use this games animations for this character they've created". I'm sorry that makes me a bit less pleasant than I would generally be.

32 minutes ago, UrsuAmiel said:

Hi guys, thanks for helping me! i will put all of you in the credits of the game if you want, is just a fan game i will just take some of the items characters and structures, i just wanna make a game... 

you will need to get permission from klei first. if they give you the go-ahead to make the game then more power to you but please don't get yourself in trouble by just taking assets without consent

12 minutes ago, gaymime said:

you will need to get permission from klei first. if they give you the go-ahead to make the game then more power to you but please don't get yourself in trouble by just taking assets without consent

Or better yet make the game in DST's engine and use the mod api interface.

100% legal, has a way to distribute it via workshop, and the engine's pretty decent.

4 hours ago, MsSha said:

I'm having trouble seeing in their post where they're saying they're going to be selling the game for money. Can you help point it out? I must have missed it.

54 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Or better yet make the game in DST's engine and use the mod api interface.

100% legal, has a way to distribute it via workshop, and the engine's pretty decent.

they will still need to be mindful and get consent. klei's permission on mods is conditional based on what is done with it. they do still have a legal obligation to defend their ip if something could put their ownership in legal dispute or cause brand-confusion(in a legal sense). the law is lumbering and archaic like that and this is why a lot of companies have such weird ways of dealing with fan-made things. unfortunately until the laws are updated to this century it is a fine line and it would be pretty bad if someone who doesn't have any awareness of what they are doing force klei's legal team to put a kibosh on things to prevent worse things from happening in the future

52 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I'm having trouble seeing in their post where they're saying they're going to be selling the game for money. Can you help point it out? I must have missed it.

Doesn't hurt to get consent to be 100% safe. Plus, they are very responsive so he should hear back relatively quickly. 

35 minutes ago, gaymime said:

they will still need to be mindful and get consent. klei's permission on mods is conditional based on what is done with it. they do still have a legal obligation to defend their ip if something could put their ownership in legal dispute or cause brand-confusion(in a legal sense). the law is lumbering and archaic like that and this is why a lot of companies have such weird ways of dealing with fan-made things. unfortunately until the laws are updated to this century it is a fine line and it would be pretty bad if someone who doesn't have any awareness of what they are doing force klei's legal team to put a kibosh on things to prevent worse things from happening in the future

CarlZalph is just saying "make a mod" in a fancy way. The OP does not need to get any permission from Klei to use their assets in a mod.

Archived