I came all the way here to tell you..

Meanwhile i want more content and maybe spacestations in the DLC or more lore. In i want new content i mean i want new challanges, not more stuff to do the same thing. I play this game to build stuff maybe a giant automated farm or a new ATST design and what not. More content means more stuff to build. Such as the current DLC with its nuclear part. But multiplayer could be done, but in what way? Multiplayer as in players play on the same map? Or multiplayer as in colony can send stuff to each other? Or some other ideas?   

Why is their always someone asking for sand-box sim games to be multiplayer.  It's just not part of the genre convention for a good reason, theirs no evidence that the experience would be pleasant as multiple players clash on every choice being made up to and including when to pause.  And last but not least it's an enormous tech challenge to boot.

The only multiplayer I see being even remotely successful is sequential play in which you pass a saved colony from one person to the next so you can each manage it for a period.  And people can already do that now admittedly inconveniently.  So if your realistic ask for some kind of way to make game saves on the cloud accessible to others via some kind of password system.  That's a lot less technically demanding.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:28 PM, pergolatios said:

We dont need more content in this game. More machines and blueprints and critters and what not. We only want multiplayer.

Multiplayer someday would be nice. Perhaps as a first step intergalactic resource trading :biggrin-new:

"50 Steel" > What do you offer ? > "1 Stinky Pizza"

"Mhhh mhhh" > "Ok, I also add 5000 arbor tree seeds"

"Aye. Send your rocket to my Asteroid Bpheer Sauna Club Apolyptica"

I still wonder how peple imagine playing ONI multiplayer. For me it`s a game about thinking and managing stuff. I guess i could just have the other person do the busywork like ordering sweep tasks etc but after a while the game kinda plays itself. Everything is automated and you just set to max speed and wait for resources to pile up. If one person can reach a moment when he just waits for the game what would multiple people do during that?

We also don`t have any player character in this game like we got in Don`t Starve or Astroneer. This means we can`t emote and the player interactions would be through dupe orders or some kind of message systems if players are on different planetoids.

Personally i`d hate if they delayed game content to put multpilayer in. But i`m not a multiplayer enthusiast in this type of games so my opinion is biased.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

I still wonder how peple imagine playing ONI multiplayer. For me it`s a game about thinking and managing stuff. I guess i could just have the other person do the busywork like ordering sweep tasks etc but after a while the game kinda plays itself. Everything is automated and you just set to max speed and wait for resources to pile up. If one person can reach a moment when he just waits for the game what would multiple people do during that?

We also don`t have any player character in this game like we got in Don`t Starve or Astroneer. This means we can`t emote and the player interactions would be through dupe orders or some kind of message systems if players are on different planetoids.

Personally i`d hate if they delayed game content to put multpilayer in. But i`m not a multiplayer enthusiast in this type of games so my opinion is biased.

if you notice you can manually control dupes in game too by move them to specific place . if automation turn off then dupes will  todo nothing. they could add just 1 dupe at multiplayer and you use that manually

38 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

like most games there is single mode and multiplayer at same game. noone here really talk about full multiplayer only

Right, but pergolatios stated, "we" did not want new content, but multiplayer, which is not true at all.

He may want MP (and a few others too), and thats okay. But he does not speak for all of us, but a minority. 

Personally i dont think ONI would make a good multiplayer game at all. Its just not a MP-suitable game.

13 hours ago, gabberworld said:

we talk about multiplayer here, why it should be exactly same?

I`m not saying axactly the same but if you make the game only one dupe it`s a huge change. Don`t Starve Together plays almost the same as regular DS but restricting ONI to one dupe per player makes it a completely different game.

7 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I`m not saying axactly the same but if you make the game only one dupe it`s a huge change. Don`t Starve Together plays almost the same as regular DS but restricting ONI to one dupe per player makes it a completely different game.

but if adding multi dupes to multiplayer  then what use it would be about other players?

I want heavy machine guns, orbital artillery, assault pods, landing armoured vehicles and a ramming attack ship filled with specially trained angry crabs, entering the deep layers of the asteroid's surface as the first wave of the landing operation as a demoralizing attack. Asteroids should not be given away so easily. My colonial instincts are unsatisfied! 

If you want me during this exciting process to kick some poor landowner's arse who has just put in a brand new toilet and decorated it with a flower, fine! 

Always dreamed of making difficult decisions like should i land and enslave this wretched people or bomb it with nuclear warheads from orbit and come back later when the radiation levels have dropped a bit. Already foreseeing, my first steam guide: "Fully automated slave farm with birth control and non-lethal work motivation system"

Archived