Wormwood's sanity around Treeguard

I was just wondering, if wormwood is a plant based character that looses sanity for chopping tree/shoveling resources/liting fire on trees and such either by himself or just by being around someone who's doing those around him then shouldn't Treegaurds be friendly towards Wormwood??Instead of sanity loss he should probably get a sanity boost around their kind.They should stay deaggro around him unless he decides to attack first or chop wood around them?And when they decide to fight..maybe that's when the sanity loss kicks in twice the amount?(since he's a tree..the treegaurd is basically his guardian and fighting them would cause him twice the sanity loss)??And even with multiple treegaurds the only one that will fight him is the one he'll decide to attack first,the rest will stay deaggro??What do you guys think about this??

Treeguards are friendly towards Wormwood, just like they are to everyone else. They only aren't friendly to Wormwood if he's either murdering their defenseless friends or trying to murder them.

19 minutes ago, Shampoo143 said:

They should stay deaggro around him unless he decides to attack first or chop wood around them?

19 minutes ago, Shampoo143 said:

And even with multiple treegaurds the only one that will fight him is the one he'll decide to attack first,the rest will stay deaggro?

This is exactly how it works right now.

Tree guard is seen as a “Mini-Boss” all Mini Boss mobs carry sanity drain Aurora: reason why he probably doesn’t get sanity being near them because Multiplayer: 

People would just be like Wormwood you don’t lose sanity so why don’t you get in the way of it so it can’t attack us?

Easy kills on what’s supposed to be a difficult mob (though once you learn how to hit & dodge I guess he just becomes a non-issue)

But for the newer players: Treeguards= Death.. and a Wormwood that gains sanity near them would be OP 

Because he can then infiltrate the “Enemy” and set them on fire (mostly Birchguardians)

Problem solved- Zero threat to Wormwood involved.

13 minutes ago, Shampoo143 said:

kind.They should stay deaggro around him unless he decides to attack first or chop wood around them?

That's how it works for everyone. The "one fights you at the time" is also a mechanic, given you aggro it by attacking, not chopping.

Treeguards are considered monsters, unlike Wormwood. Judging by his examination, he doesn't know how to treat them either. They're just yet another weird creatures in the crowd where he's trying to fit in, and survivors are much closer to who he is, at least I think so. He comes from Hamlet world, full of alive plants, so it's really nothing new for him, and I don't remember him having any sanity boosts from them (if I'm wrong feel free to correct me). 

Wormwood is a solid character right now, so the little tweaks like that (now treeguards, maybe consider mandrakes, isn't kelp a plant too-) might be just overthinking at this point. But it's interesting to talk about, but still, I don't think he treats Treeguards as friends. 

16 hours ago, pyroisshy said:

If walter can get a sanity boost from being near treeguards, wormwood deserves one too.

The difference is Walter seems to actually enjoy discovering weird creatures regardless of their form which is why he doesn't lose sanity while he also feels soothed in the presence of the forest which is why they add towards his sanity regeneration. On the other hand wormwood fully understands the guards are corrupted trees if anything you'd think he'd lose more sanity I mean would you feel calm in the presence of Charlie?

Edit: I picture Walter as those obvious kids in movies and shows who just barely avoid danger and are amazed and amused by near death experiences with fantastical creatures.

5 hours ago, DrMcGillacactus said:

Walter is a child fascinated with the monster that is attacking him, wormwood is a sad plant boi that is currently being torn apart by another plant

Treeguard's drain wormwoods sanity even when they are neutral. I agree that wormwood should lose sanity when they are fighting a tree guard, but otherwise they shouldn't

2 hours ago, pyroisshy said:

Treeguard's drain wormwoods sanity even when they are neutral. I agree that wormwood should lose sanity when they are fighting a tree guard, but otherwise they shouldn't

I made a in universe example earlier but a better example would probably be do you think survivors would gain sanity from being near a zombie or mutated human?

8 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

wormwood fully understands the guards are corrupted trees if anything you'd think he'd lose more sanity I mean would you feel calm in the presence of Charlie?

3 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I made a in universe example earlier but a better example would probably be do you think survivors would gain sanity from being near a zombie or mutated human?

Wormwood isn't like the other survivors. He is incredibly naive, and his quotes about poison birchnuts and palm treeguards show that he even thinks that things that want to kill him might be potential friends. I still don't see why wormwood should lose sanity from a pacified treeguard. Treeguards and Wormwood hold very similar values, really.

14 minutes ago, pyroisshy said:

Wormwood isn't like the other survivors. He is incredibly naive, and his quotes about poison birchnuts and palm treeguards show that he even thinks that things that want to kill him might be potential friends. I still don't see why wormwood should lose sanity from a pacified treeguard. Treeguards and Wormwood hold very similar values, really.

There isn't a single character quote that indicates they're scared of the treeguards. Wortox even calls it his "great tree friend" and tries to calm it down.

I don't think Wormwood cares much for tree guards. The examination quote goes something like: "Hello! .... Hello?" Where as almost all kinds of other plants he calls friend. Now, remember from shorts that these things are HUGE so Wormwood could be frightened by these massive creatures. When deerclops is roaring his arrival he'll say sometging along the lines of "Big scary coming" or something. Size does frighten him.  

I can also understand treeguards not caring about Wormwood either. I see them as trees becoming so angry they lend themselves to the dark promise of power that lingers in the constant. They are sentinels patrolling forests with nothing but hatred for lumberjacks. They embody one feeling: Revenge.

12 hours ago, pyroisshy said:

Never said he was like the survivors just used them as a example for his reaction. While wormwood is naive he understands plants which would mean he understands tree guards are made from the suffering of trees and I don't think that's a calming thought for anyone of the same species. And to give another example if I may two people could be animal rights activists doesn't mean both would be ok with attacking others over it.

The tree guard interaction id personally like to see is faster pacification with pine cones and birchnuts. I personally find it a waste of time to fight tree guards as Wormwood so i just pacify them and use them as hound defense and Deerclops killers if im too lazy to fight her. Sometimes it takes like 10+ pinecones to pacify them and i think itd be nice if Wormwood could have like a 50% higher chance to pacify per cone than other survivors. 

I dont really have a strong opinion on the sanity drain. its not very impactful and removing it wouldnt change much. And i already probably spend more time around tree guards than normal. any sanity lost is quickly regained. 

I think now after RWYS we can safely say that Klei is content with how things are currently between tree guards and Wormwood so... :roll:. if they wanted to change anything they already would have. 

Archived