Year of the beefalo

I just wondered if anyone had any information on this like release time? Also I know this other question might be a long shot still have to ask. Also if anyone at Klei could tell me if thier will be a beefalo rework in this as well ? The reason for the second question is because i tame them all the time in most of my long term worlds. So I hope it does change to make it more acessable for other people as well. Thanks for your time.

1 hour ago, Pinegrove said:

Most likely this Thursday or the next one. Klei usually releases updates near the end of the month on this day of the week. 

Xbox Live Events app specifically states Winters Feast will end Jan 22, Which if it ends on that day I am going to guess YoTB will replace it the day Before on Jan 21 which since its 1:00am here where I live and already Jan 20 means the update SHOULD arrive Tommorow.

If it doesn’t it’ll be the following Thursday after that like you said.

Also I agree with you OP: out of ALL the Achievements between DS and DST taming a Beefalo happened to be the last one I accomplished.

it may be due to a few factors: Without watching guides or looking at a Wiki this is a confusing and highly tedious thing to do, like: You don’t have a taming proficiency bar so you know if your getting any closer to tame or not you simply just shove sticks in its mouth repeatedly till it’s fur looks more groomed.

There are other items you can craft/use to speed up this process such as crafting a saddle or a grooming brush but these items are cluttered amongst other structure tabs and should be more easily distinguishable as being exclusive to Beefalo taming (such as taking all items related to Beefalo and putting them into their own Craftable structure like the think think as a Ranching Tab.)

This Structure: Could EVEN double up as a parking spot for your Beefalo once it’s tamed and he can be “unloaded” from the server while your not playing and “reloaded” when you rejoin.

I genuinely thought that the Glossmer saddle was going to let me strap it to Glossmer and ride him around... instead I’m sad to say you can’t ride the flying happy buzzing bug.. and it’s just for stinky Beefalo

It would also probably help if some of the Beefalo taming items wasn’t tied down to hard to get materials like Walrus Tusk (Walrus camps still to this very day are my absolute worst enemy in the franchise and I despise them with great passion..) Which means things like Walking Canes and Tam’O hats Also rarely ever get crafted by Me, I just hate them, die to them.. and try to avoid them.

Last but most certainly not least I hope Beefalo get new Interactions and things to do with the player- After how excellent Year of the Carrat was I hope we can craft toys or equipment that will make our Beefalo perform better.

Things like playing with him with a tug of war rope to increase his carrying strength. Then maybe we can get wagons to strap to his back that can pull heavy objects behind him (or he can nudge them across the ground with his nose or something)

Being able to feed Beefalo special treats, have races with him, charge him into battle where he faces off in destruction derby style ring tournaments where Beefalo become Ko’d if they take enough damage 

I dunno but after YoTC.... YOTB better be awesome.

And unlike YoTC.. I hope the Beefalo changes remain in game long after YoTB has come to and end.

I also hope this event comes with BEEFALO SKINS I can hit tamed (or even untamed) Beefalo with to reskin them. :) 

Of course: None of this will probably happen, but I can still hope.

No one can say for sure, but the previous years started on January 19 (Thursday), February 9 (Friday), January 24 (Thursday), and January 23 (Thursday). So it'll probably releasee on a Thursday, hopefully this month but maybe early next month. Fingers crossed for it releasing tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

No one can say for sure, but the previous years started on January 19 (Thursday), February 9 (Friday), January 24 (Thursday), and January 23 (Thursday). So it'll probably releasee on a Thursday, hopefully this month but maybe early next month. Fingers crossed for it releasing tomorrow!

Also it's worth noting that the lunar new year starts on a different day each year, according to lunar phases, and in the last events Klei has made the update only a few days before the actual new year.

So given that it starts on Feb the 12th, my guess for the update would be either February 4th or February 11th (being most likely the week of the latter, if you ask me)

19 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

We're all hoping it releases this Thursday, but Year of the Ox starts on February 12th, so it's entirely possible we won't see Year of the Beefalo until early February.

The roadmap should also be released in early to mid February since that's when they released it last year.

1 hour ago, RAFAEL-Y said:

This should be called a Beefaloat.

I hope the Year of Beefalo update will start later today, we will just have to wait & see I guess.. And if it is today does anyone have any last minute theories of what such an event might include? I’m bored so I’d kinda just like to hear what all everyone else is wanting/hoping for with Year of The Beefalo.

For me that’s a full on taming overhaul.

Now that Clean Sweep exists I would love SKINS to Reskin them with by walking up to them and smacking them with it.

And some super fun Mini-Game event involving Beefalo.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And if it is today does anyone have any last minute theories of what such an event might include? I’m bored so I’d kinda just like to hear what all everyone else is wanting/hoping for with Year of The Beefalo.

My prediction: Year of the Beefalo will be a beauty pageant, dog show styled thing, but with beefalo. I think it'll add lots of customization options, ways to bond with your beefalo, and possibly some number tweaks, but not a full overhaul of any taming mechanics. The customization and bonding will be part of the way you gain lucky gold nuggets (possibly showing off your beefalo with Charlie as a judge?) and the items you can buy from the shrine will mostly be novelty items and a sketch. Once the event ends, the method of gaining lucky gold nuggets will be shut off, but the beefalo customization, bonding, and number tweaks will stay as permanent content.

I don't expect to be 100% right about all of this, but I'm at least hoping for beefalo customization! I wanna braid their beards and decorate their horns.

18 hours ago, PeiperPires said:

I saw someone say that winter's feast is still going on consoles, and is suposed to end on the 22nd. If it's true, i'd guess that year of the beefalo might start on the 4th of february.

Is that...... Is this????? 

Do you play PS? If so, does your PSN include ____Light?

I know it has something to do with SomethingLight

2 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

I'm expecting mid/late February, not sure where the idea it'd release today came from. :wilson_confused:

It's definitely not late February and mid February is a stretch too.

All the Chinese New Year events have began in late January, with the exception of Year of the Varg, which began on February 9. All the release dates are also a few days before the start of the real life Chinese New Year.

In this case, Year of the Ox starts on February 12, so the latest its DST counterpart might start is February 11.

22 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Is that...... Is this????? 

Do you play PS? If so, does your PSN include ____Light?

I know it has something to do with SomethingLight

I play on PC. I read about the console dates on a DST facebook group, or maybe here in the forums (my memory doesn't want to help me now), that's why i'm not sure about it.

43 minutes ago, Lumberlocke said:

I'm expecting mid/late February, not sure where the idea it'd release today came from. :wilson_confused:

There’s not a solid release window for YoTB, the only thing I can find (officially) on it is here: 

But this doesn’t state which month to expect YoTB in, it just says after their Holiday break. *shrugs* :juggling:

2 hours ago, PeiperPires said:

I play on PC. I read about the console dates on a DST facebook group, or maybe here in the forums (my memory doesn't want to help me now), that's why i'm not sure about it.

Oh sorry, you just have the same PFP as someone I know on Playstaiton. What is that PFP from?

Archived