Adding Wagstaff to DST

Hello

I came up with an idea of adding Wagstaff to dst. But there would be some changes. I will start with the lore : He is the creator of Voxola. A voice in his head (Mexwells voice) told him to create the radio that would drag a lot of characters into the constant. He wanted to know more about it so he created WX-78 that he sent into the constant. But the experiment failed and he lost connection with his creation. He became obsessed about it, and created a portal that would tansport him to the constant. But he did something wrong and he got dropped in the Hamlet. He survived a long time there and he could finaly escape by building another portal that would drop him in the place he intended. But the dangers in the hamlet made him insane. 

He would start with 150 points of hunger, 150 points of health and 40 points of maximum sanity, which he could increase to 100 by taking his pills. Each pill would give him extra 5 points of maximum sanity. The pills could be created by cooking petals, dark petals, moon cap and moon dust together in a crockpot. He could also lose his maximum sanity by taking damage. If you would lose more than 45% of your health that you had before the fight your maximum sanity would drop by 3. For example : you start a fight with 100 health and 56 maximum sanity. If you take more than 45 points of damage you would have 53 maximum sanity. If you would take 44 points od damage your sanity would stay the same. 

I also thaught of creating an another machanic.: forgetting. Wagstaff is old and due to that he would forget the crafting recipe of items that he didn't make in at least 10 days. Except the basics like a fireplace etc.

Moon dust would be a new item that could be obtained by grinding moon stone in the portable grinding mill or by using a grater. 

Grater would be an item made from 2 flint and 1 string

So that is my idea I hope you liked it. 

(Sorry for my English xd)

It sounds very strange to me personally, especially the part with the plot.

Personally, if the rework of this character depended on me, then I would do this:
- I left all the statistics the way they are now is;
- I would rework some of the functions of his glasses, add new types of glasses;
- I would rework his inventions, add new inventions;
- I would reconsider the mechanics of the distortion from the health;
- Would increase the negative effect of his stomach problems;
- I have a couple more ideas, but I will not write (there will be more time for this);

I see Wagstaff more as a researcher of the world and a farmer of important resources, so it is better for him to add inventions and abilities for these functions.

i think Wagstaff should not be in the game. He is too similar to Winona, plus he would be absolutely broken with the addition of the Thumper now being available to anyone via switching. Wagstaff would just be another swap character in DST, along the likes of Winona, Warly, and Wickerbottom.

Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him Add him 

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Is "adding wagstaff to dst" the new "wolfgang vs wigfrid" debate?

Yes because he deserves to be in the game.  He is the best character in DS

14 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Yes because he deserves to be in the game.  He is the best character in DS

Dude, this is a "you" issue. Be patient and await for what the devs do. Spamming threads for Wagstaff will not make him magically programmed into the game.

Just now, minespatch said:

Dude, this is a "you" issue. Be patient and await for what the devs do. Spamming threads for Wagstaff will not make him magically programmed into the game.

I only "spam" on topics that are applicable.  And I've only made 3 threads about Wagstaff.  

28 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

I only "spam" on topics that are applicable.  And I've only made 3 threads about Wagstaff.  

Listen, posting three in a row in a short amount of time is too soon. When I post threads for the halloween tree ornaments to be used on christmas trees, I post them by years. Sometimes it takes forever for your wants to get added in.

17 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Listen, posting three in a row in a short amount of time is too soon. When I post threads for the halloween tree ornaments to be used on christmas trees, I post them by years. Sometimes it takes forever for your wants to get added in.

I posted two within a week of each other.  The first one I posted I did a couple months ago at least.  With other forums I only comment on ones like this already talking about Wagstaff,  Hamlet,  or new characters.

Archived