Rocket indoor plumbing

A carbon skimmer?
Here's my take on it, in retrospect, oxylite is probably a better way to go:
D31452AB12AB30A864B8DFA8CE47A678A1EDBD86

I also switched the manual generator for a wood burner, as it requires less dupe work. Since I have a carbon skimmer, it should be ok.. I think.. I have only theorycrafted this, I haven't tested it yet.

EDIT: Oh by the way, instead of a reed fiber, use a bog bucket instead. they require 40kg of polluted water per cycle, and can be harvested for food. Which is nice to have a pee snack on a long voyage ;)

6 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

A carbon skimmer?
Here's my take on it, in retrospect, oxylite is probably a better way to go:
D31452AB12AB30A864B8DFA8CE47A678A1EDBD86

I also switched the manual generator for a wood burner, as it requires less dupe work. Since I have a carbon skimmer, it should be ok.. I think.. I have only theorycrafted this, I haven't tested it yet.

You waste so much space and lose sink.

1.png

The sink isn't really needed I think. Worst that can happen is that they get food poisoning. A couple of curative tablets in the fridge should help with that, and that saves up some space. For oxygen, I think the best solution is oxylite in a box. It costs no power, and gives you 20tons of oxygen. The only problem then is, that you need to make the oxylite first, which means you need gold, a material that is unavailable in the first 2 asteroids, so you need to get to the third one first. 

2 hours ago, suicide commando said:

Here's my small nosecone design:

C0DBCFA3B77F0E4DC08BC40A5902D2A5C2DE86AC

As I said no toilet is the only issue. Annoyingly, atmo suits are a little buggered because if you manually remove a suit from a dupe, they will keep the soiled debuff indefinitely. Oh, I also found out that if an ugly crier cries inside a suit, their tears get stored as well.

Hmm. Use Oxylite and you do not need power. That should give you the space for an outhouse.

2 hours ago, AddTheJuice98 said:

If you wanna search for more planets now.
Yes telescope will work like that.

1.png

The telescope needs to be built in space if you already observed with a telescopes all locations from the same planetoid from which it launched. Otherwise it has a "fully explored" or whatever status. Apart from that this does work, my two dupe crew just discovered a new planetoid beyond the range of all ground based telescopes. Also it was quite fun to prepare a ship for a long duration observation mission and watch the crew work in space, as one dupe uses the telescope and the other runs the hamster wheel. Really can't wait to this kind of thing with bigger and better missions, just hope the cartographer module also needs a scientist dupe actually doing observations like with the ground-based telescopes.

5 hours ago, suicide commando said:

Here's my small nosecone design:

C0DBCFA3B77F0E4DC08BC40A5902D2A5C2DE86AC

As I said no toilet is the only issue. Annoyingly, atmo suits are a little buggered because if you manually remove a suit from a dupe, they will keep the soiled debuff indefinitely. Oh, I also found out that if an ugly crier cries inside a suit, their tears get stored as well.

Nice design, I like it :x

Cool to look at all these great ideas...I think as industrialist player I would take such a design. Storage tanks, a fridge, Oxylite and have everything delivered McDonalds style onboard. Hope its 2021 soon to start fresh, I still have not built the last stage vanilla endgame rockets in survival ! :afro:

7 hours ago, suicide commando said:

Good point, redid it... I think this is pretty close to optimal then:
6FF8E50C5AF15560EB8517FBA48F313C9E1F67C1

Oxylite for oxygen, ration box to store food, outhouse to store pee. No power needed and even have some room to spare. Could put a 2nd storage box there for some dirt to replenish the outhouse.

I agree that this looks pretty optimal. The dirt can go into the existing storage compactor. If you really need > 15 cycles endurance. In that case, you could move the ration box left, drop the mess table and put in a compost heap to deal with the polluted dirt from the outhouse. 

Would be interesting to see how much actual endurance you get that way. Might be > 100 cycles. 

6 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

Oxylite rail would not only supply oxygen, but would also delete the co2.

Does that happen when you have Oxylite on a rail going through CO2? 

15 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Does that happen when you have Oxylite on a rail going through CO2?

Probably. Oxylite tries to push the existing gas aside when it spawns O2. If it can't, something gets deleted. A lone CO2 tile can't be pushed since there's nothing to merge it with.

There was a post somewhere, where someone was wondering why they weren't getting any CO2 build up at the bottom of their base in the alpha's new swamp biome. The consensus is that all the off-gassing pdirt was deleting it.

11 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

iThere was a post somewhere, where someone was wondering why they weren't getting any CO2 build up at the bottom of their base in the alpha's new swamp biome. The consensus is that all the off-gassing pdirt was deleting it.

I did read that one too. The other thing is that dupes draw oxygen from up to one tile above their heads, if I remember corrrectly. Hence you would need 3 tiles high of CO2 before it becomes a real problem. Even if it is only head-height, you need two tiles CO2 before it becomes an issue. Hence I think CO2 removal is not that much of a concern.

On 11/21/2020 at 12:14 PM, Joe Mucchiello said:

Under Flow Control there a Rocket Liquid Port. I haven't gotten to building a ship yet but that might do what you need.

no that funnels into a liquid storage tank module.   there are no other ports inside the command room

16 hours ago, Pulstar said:

The telescope needs to be built in space if you already observed with a telescopes all locations from the same planetoid from which it launched. Otherwise it has a "fully explored" or whatever status. Apart from that this does work, my two dupe crew just discovered a new planetoid beyond the range of all ground based telescopes. Also it was quite fun to prepare a ship for a long duration observation mission and watch the crew work in space, as one dupe uses the telescope and the other runs the hamster wheel. Really can't wait to this kind of thing with bigger and better missions, just hope the cartographer module also needs a scientist dupe actually doing observations like with the ground-based telescopes.

I believe you got the telescope to glitche.   Sometimes the telescope  allows it  with a roof over it. but normally it does not and needs 1 tile clear path to space.    

I tried that above  in another play through and it does not work.

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Hence you would need 3 tiles high of CO2 before it becomes a real problem. Even if it is only head-height, you need two tiles CO2 before it becomes an issue. Hence I think CO2 removal is not that much of a concern.

It should become a problem eventually though.  Assuming you want to reuse the rocket and don't want to have to do major renovations when it's in port.

I wonder if they plan on adding a warp pipe style way to get things in and out of the capsule.  It'd be very handy for replenishing life support.

On 11/22/2020 at 8:00 PM, AddTheJuice98 said:

What else do i need?

1.png

Cmon now, no hate or anything, but that's the only thing legitimately bothering me atm. A spacefaring dupe in an advanced rocket capable of reaching other worlds needs to manually operate an early game generator and surround himself with ugly bulky equipment for life support. Why not create a new "rocket module" tab for stuff that can only be built inside a ship? Like a small container that stores sealed dupe waste that can be disposed of after the landing. You can supply the rocket with bags, masks or even other essentials (O2 in canisters, bottled water, canned food, pwater or pdirt safely stored for later disposal etc) produced from plastic before takeoff for extra immersion. No way a one dupe super minibase survival challenge is more fun than what I just described. We're already doing that on asteroids, why would we want more of the same, but in a tiny room? The unique inner module equipment should be compact (as the room) and advanced looking like the pilot seat, and powered by already present rocket fuel, not a hamster wheel :D Tell me I'm wrong.

I dare you!

8 minutes ago, Smife said:

Cmon now, no hate or anything, but that's the only thing legitimately bothering me atm. A spacefaring dupe in an advanced rocket capable of reaching other worlds needs to manually operate an early game generator and surround himself with ugly bulky equipment for life support. Why not create a new "rocket module" tab for stuff that can only be built inside a ship? Like a small container that stores sealed dupe waste that can be disposed of after the landing. You can supply the rocket with bags, masks or even other essentials (O2 in canisters, bottled water, canned food, pwater or pdirt safely stored for later disposal etc) produced from plastic before takeoff for extra immersion. No way a one dupe super minibase survival challenge is more fun than what I just described. We're already doing that on asteroids, why would we want more of the same, but in a tiny room? The unique inner module equipment should be compact (as the room) and advanced looking like the pilot seat, and powered by already present rocket fuel, not a hamster wheel :D Tell me I'm wrong.

I dare you!

Have you never looked to the sky, seeing all the hamster wheel guys powering a rocket ? :confused:

20 minutes ago, babba said:

Have you never looked to the sky, seeing all the hamster wheel guys powering a rocket ? :confused:

Dude, I'm serious. This part of gameplay is derpy and you know it. Also, old saves won't work with the DLC...incoming tiny bikes for dupes. :encouragement:

I think the nosecones are a great little addition. They make you think creatively in how you can cram as much stuff that you need into that tiny place, and what you sacrifice for doing so. This makes it an interesting challenge. Yes, having it powered by a hamster wheel is silly, I've even considered using a wood burner. Maybe in the 'advanced' nosecone we can have some plugs for gas/liquid/solid intake/outlets as well as a plug for power.

46 minutes ago, Smife said:

Dude, I'm serious. This part of gameplay is derpy and you know it. Also, old saves won't work with the DLC...incoming tiny bikes for dupes. :encouragement:

I only played 10 mins of the alpha, as the vanilla and alpha saves wont work next year and a lot of content has been stripped for testing.

I find it interesting to look at players trying to build max stuff in to the tiny spaces, it seems to be like "Tetris Addiction". :lol: Building colonies in to rockets ? Is that only for the "Sweetie" alpha rockets or does that now apply to all rockets ? Is that only for discovering new planets or does every launch now require "Rocket-Tetris-Gameplay" ?

Personally I like(d) the system how it was before, but I do understand the fun people have micromanaging rockets. From my point of view, as industrialist - I loved the old rocket system of charging and fueling rockets. If we can have both, that would be cool.

image.png.8cffb2f78ccd669d9c9081459092e3c4.pngimage.png.42fc5f181b83047edcb0daeba63b6587.png

37 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

...Yes, having it powered by a hamster wheel is silly, I've even considered using a wood burner...

15 minutes ago, Smife said:

I can already imagine a dupe leaving controls to toss in a few extra logs :D

2 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

I've even considered using a wood burner.

I can already imagine a dupe leaving controls to toss in a few extra logs :D 

18 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

Maybe in the 'advanced' nosecone we can have some plugs for gas/liquid/solid intake/outlets as well as a plug for power.

I had a similar thought. Anything better than an outhouse next to a pilot chair.

Archived