[Poll] On Klei Time

seriously when is DST 2 coming out klei pls  

106 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Klei's update frequency?

• Very Satisfied.
    • Satisfied.
    • Unsatisfied.
    • Very Unsatisfied.
    • I have no strong feelings regarding this.
  2. 2. If you chose Satisfied/Very Satisfied, why so?

• Klei's updates usually timely and fall within projected dates.
    • If there are delays, Klei takes the time to explain and apologize for the delays.
    • Delays don't matter because the content is justifiable good enough in quality to offset the delays.
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)
    • I voted "Unsatisfied/Very Unsatisfied".
    • I voted "No strong feelings".
  3. 3. If you chose Unsatisfied/Very Unsatisfied, why so?

• Klei's updates usually fall past projected release dates.
    • Little explanation is given for delays.
    • The quality of an update usually does not offset a delayed release.
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)
    • I voted ""Very Satisfied/Satisfied".
    • I voted "No strong feelings".

Next upon my list of questions: are you satisfied with how Klei distributes updates? This question lies primarily for Don't Starve Together, but can also apply to Klei's other games (e.g. OnI, Griftlands, hot Lava, etc.).

As always, feel free to answer the poll and do discuss in the comments!

I'm really okay with updates because I know Dont Starve is not only game Klei have to keep update. Klei have got another old games and probably new projects to make too! That's pretty normal to giving update in one month,- -which some games make us wait for years- and as i saw they are giving update us in the time they said. I would be okay even if update frequancy be two months. (If it worth of course)
About small QoL updates, I think one month is a bit much for it. But I'm okay with it too.

My problem is information. Klei just share silhouette and attract the interest of players, than share nothing about it until updates. If you ask me personally, players lost their interest to update until they share the update. They should keep our interest alive until update and it's really easy to make. For example we got an update and silhouette at the first day of month. At the 15th of month, klei should share little details, spoilers about update. Maybe a mob from update or a screenshot basicly. This would flame our curiosity and make us wait for another 15 day. It's been 28 days and I mostly lost my interest about Fee Fa Foo (or whatever is it) update. I will not be that excited, whatever it be.

But those are my opinions and I'm sure they know what they are doing.

I mean given that 2020 has been pure hell on most of the world I think that Klei is doing pretty good in terms of updates, They could have just as easily decided not to do anymore content for DST and that would be that.. but nah they didn’t call it quits and also on top of DST updates they’ve been balancing new content in other Klei games like Hot Lava, Oxygen Not Included and not to mention porting Hamlet to PS4 & Xbox One players, I mean there may be a few bugs here and there but they usually get fixed in a timely matter, and I would consider bugs to be just as important as content updates.

Could be worse- using a different game as an example: They Could’ve been developers on Apex Legends and their Hotfix to fix a glitch players exploited also broke an intended feature of the Game: And now when you try to place a Rampart Turret onto the Trident it crashes the server for everyone playing- I mean HOW do developers miss something that game breaking in a hot fix?! Grrr..

So for what it is worth, Klei has been doing very well with updates/bug fixes- and I don’t know how big of a studio Klei is but I’m pretty certain they aren’t as big as EA & the type of mistakes like the above mentioned example should be unacceptable, But- Global Pandemic & all, but even through that- KLEI has hit updates in strides- we may get a delay or two here or there but outside of that content updates have been steady, healthy and of decent enough to SuperB quality.

As long as content is still being pumped out for the game I enjoy playing then in my opinion they can take all the time they need/want on delivering good quality updates for us.

Thanks Klei for all that you do <3, you guys probably have abolutely no clue how big of a role you’ve played in keeping people like myself entertained through 2019 & 2020 Looking forward to whatever comes next in year 2021 & beyond.

Considering some games take months or even years for an update regardless of their genre or package of delivered content, i'd say klei is doing a pretty good job at managing it. I don't really care about the silhoutte's that are dropped as a small image at the bottom of each live update announcement being cryptic and not explenatory. While i suppose it's fun to theorize about what it could be, you're not gonna spend an entire month doing so. I guess it serves as a form of keeping the "surprise" of new content away from the public until it's ready.

Update every month as a part of RoT is quite a workout for Klei. And when it comes to updates throughout 2020 I must say that the devs have done a pretty good job.

It was also nice to see them adapt and create their own system for making updates. Whenever team got to overworked the devs decided to make a QoL update which (I assume) is not as hard for them to make.

The only reason why I choose Satisfied and not Very Satisfied is because whenever seasonal updates season arrives the devs usually have to delay updates. Which is also why I approved of them not doing anything new for Hallowed Nights. Well noting new when it comes to gameplay, we got a sick event which pulled the community together with drawings, cosplay etc. However it seems that Winter's Feast and, obviously, Chinease New Year will once again push Klei to their limit.

I was really hoping that the beta would drop yesterday.

I like the high-quality updates that klei brings stable every month.To be honest, during the global pandemic, they still bring us these super awesome things, thanks Klei!Soon we will have new content, oni's dlc, Christmas event, and then yotb (Chinese New Year event) I look forward to all these things!

img-1605872259845b64da6adly1gkistv17qbg205u04gn2y.gif

6 hours ago, Well-met said:

any other videogame developer update model is a joke and we're very lucky to have Klei heighten the industry standards.

this kind of thread is very hard to give feedback on unless you've been following other AAA games closely for years.

Well.. I mean sort of related to that, Off-Topic angry rant About other AAA games in spoiler- 

Spoiler

I’ve been waiting for an open world multiplayer Batman Arkham game since the Arkham franchise begun in 2009, and the last Arkham game released was in 2015 the first 2 minutes of the game shows a living city full of pedestrians showing the next generation consoles true potential before being evacuated to become the same game it’s always been with no life besides you & thugs, it’s been SIX YEARS almost since then.. and When the world finally gets that multiplayer Batman Arkham with a pedestrian filled city- You can’t play as Batman because the game starts with him dead.

(Ps Yes I’m angry about it..) 

Six years is a long freaking time to wait for a sequel... and I’m sure that by that time Klei will have done everything they wanted to accomplish with DST and then some.. I’ll probably have SW/Ham compatibility in six years time.. I guess my point here before going into my off-topic rant is that if anyone thinks that the rate at which Klei releases updates is anything below satisfying, then those people must not play any AAA high priced games.

Klei deserves more attention & praise then they seem to get to be honest, these guys deliver the fun factor almost every single month they keep finding ways to keep us entertained- And while not every feature is going to be designed for everyone: I personally have spent LOTS of time playing the 3 Curio Collector Mini-Games when I simply did not have time to invest into playing the core game. And also small QoL updates can go a LONG way in improving people’s enjoyment of the game-

The cheapened costs for Marble Armor, Rabbit Earmuffs, Toggles for Random Season and Season Lengths those are some of the best changes to the game in my opinion.

Is every update a major success? Well err.. no, some updates feel less spectacular then others (for me that was Wigfrids rework which I was expecting to be on par with Woodie, Wendy & Willows) and I think that Wigfrid may even feel like she got less TLC BECAUSE Klei was in a hurry to get her rework done in a time frame schedule- I personally think that the longer they take to release the updates the much better quality those updates end up becoming in the end results.

So the TL:DR- my personal opinion is that Klei can take all the time in the world that they need to release updates, as long as they still are releasing updates regardless of how long it takes, then I couldn’t be happier- it’s the day that they announce no more updates are coming that I will be sad.

honestly i feel klei far exceeds any presumptions i might have for a company updating and do so in a manner that is quite prompt and does show that they legitimately want the community to continue growing so none of the reasons provided are what i would liked to have answered as. my answer would be "beyond any expectations i had and then some"

The updates come out at the perfect frequency in my opinion.
For example, a new update comes out, so you start to play DST all the time to experience said content for a few weeks
And then after about a month, you dont play DST as much and maybe play a few other games..
But then Bam new update!
And the cycle continues...

What im trying to say is that they give just enough time between each update for people to 'catch up' with them so its not overwhelming, but also just enough time so that you don't become too rusty from taking a break

Archived