a DST smp?

heyo everyone its your favorite schlatty boy here 

so its pretty obvious i like the dream smp. but today i thought what if the DST youtube creators and the twitch streamers made a smp similar to the dream smp?it could be a lot of fun with the stories they could have and i already know who could be a perfect candidate for a bad guy(cough cough edgy rick cough cough)

this isnt a really fleshed out idea a certainly not one that will happen but its a idea nevertheless what do you guys think?

(smp stands for survival multiplayer for anyone who is wondering well that what i think it stands for but i could be wrong)

Smp is a super common acronym and not everyone is deep into obscure minecraft videos.

It took me a really long time to even figure out what you were suggesting.

Also, your suggestion for villain has the major flaw where a certain someone doesn’t deserve any more unwarranted attention.

44 minutes ago, Toros said:

Smp is a super common acronym and not everyone is deep into obscure minecraft videos.

obscure is definitely not the word to use in that sentence.have you seen how much views those videos get? 

46 minutes ago, Toros said:

Also, your suggestion for villain has the major flaw where a certain someone doesn’t deserve any more unwarranted attention.

oh really? its like this was a not very fleshed out idea.also edgy rick doesn't have to be a bad guy.nobody has to be a bad guy(but it would be more interesting if there was one)

52 minutes ago, Toros said:

It took me a really long time to even figure out what you were suggesting.

well i thought adding context would make this topic seem more like me just talking about the Dream smp but guess ill add context here

so the Dream smp is a minecraft server ran by the one and only Dream(who would have guessed)most of the time its just youtubers and twitch streamers having chats with each other but other than that the main part of the Dream smp is roleplay. thats all the context that is needed.i just think it would be fun if a bunch of don't starve youtubers and twitch streamers made a DST server where they can make a story out of a clean slate.

4 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

ifni ever got the chance to play i shall be the one person in server who thrives off chaos in any shape or form.

you know i don't think many people get what the dream smp is?the Dream smp is a minecraft server made by social media creators(basically twitch streamers and youtubers) made for social media creators so i would think a DST smp would work in the same format so i don't thinkk a person on the forums would get the luxury of joining the DST smp (if it is ever made)

but lets hypothetically you do get to join the server you say you would thrive off chaos right?in what way?would you create the chaos or would you take advantage of other people's chaos?

(ive been watching WAY too much Dream smp and with the absolute chaos of yesterday the only thing i can think about is the Dream smp right now)

(also what does ifni mean?)

I'm not even gonna bother with any type of search, seeing from comments "dream smp" seems to be something related to Minecraft - a game I never played, and just ask: for what shenanigans acronym "dream smp" stands for plus what it implies?

Nvm, you finally answered:

8 minutes ago, stranger again said:

you know i don't think many people get what the dream smp is?the Dream smp is a minecraft server made by social media creators(basically twitch streamers and youtubers) made for social media creators...

Also: Dream Team SMP.

9 minutes ago, stranger again said:

but lets hypothetically you do get to join the server you say you would thrive off chaos right?in what way?would you create the chaos or would you take advantage of other people's chaos?

both. where chaos exists, i shall glory in it.

5 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Nvm, you finally answered:

"finally"is not the nicest word to put here.this topic is barely a day old you can't expect to answer everything 

8 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

yeah but the short name for it is the Dream smp 

3 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I will also ceaselessly farm potatoes in mybspare time.

don't forget about taming a bunch of beefalos (DST's equivalent of horses)in your spare time:lol:

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

But it isnt the entire population of earth

of course it isnt but obscure means most people have never heard of it but a LOT of people know the Dream smp meaning obscure isnt the right word to use there

27 minutes ago, stranger again said:

"finally"is not the nicest word to put here.this topic is barely a day old you can't expect to answer everything

Of course is "finally" - because it's the title of your topic. At least that should clearly state your meaning from beginning. I would understand if it was some DST "Deus absconditus" thingy, but not niche aspects related to other games. I get Minecraft is big in its bracket, yet understand not everyone is "super duper" into it to automatically know what "a smp" is. Anyway, as this kind of "Streamers united" isn't my cup of tea, I have no further input on the matter. Cheerio!

6 hours ago, stranger again said:

obscure is definitely not the word to use in that sentence.have you seen how much views those videos get? 

It seems like almost all of them have around 50,000 views which is extremely obscure. One of them has 2.7m views, but it's uploaded by someone with over 3.5m subscribers. 2.7m isn't even that big, especially considering the fact that most if not almost all of those viewers are going to be Minecraft fans who are probably already subscribed to that guy.

Maybe if this was posted in the Minecraft forums there could be an expectation that a lot of people, maybe even most, would be familiar with it. But I had to look it up, and I see some other people here also had to look it up. Most people here probably don't know what it is.

24 minutes ago, Notecja said:

In the past I played a lot of minecraft but never heard about anything like that xD I still have totally no idea what that thing is, even with explained acronym. If this is just only about streamers I'm not interested.

I think it's a group Let's Play.

Archived