Will there be a test server update this week?

maybe but only time will tell or something like that (i don't really have a joke to add here sorry)

but i guess ill leave an emoji for @Pikapikapconsidering i think they only speak in emoji

well shoot there aint no yes or nod emoji well guess ill leave this here maybe they well understand it

:wilson_smile:

12 minutes ago, stranger again said:

maybe but only time will tell or something like that (i don't really have a joke to add here sorry)

but i guess ill leave an emoji for @Pikapikapconsidering i think they only speak in emoji

well shoot there aint no yes or nod emoji well guess ill leave this here maybe they well understand it

:wilson_smile:

It’s been almost a month since the last month’s update. I think it’s likely to be updated this week.

2 minutes ago, Pikapikap said:

It’s been almost a month since the last month’s update. I think it’s likely to be updated this week.

i kinda don't want it to be updated. im going through a really rough time this week with unus annus being deleted and with whats happened with the dream smp (rip l'manburg)

(this reply is a joke i would love for it to be updated this week)

26 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Possible. It's supposed to be a 'pretty big one', so it might end up taking longer. Depends what they meant by that I suppose. 'Big' as in game-changing? Or just 'big' as in content size.

We'll see.

Yes i have the same curiosity as you.I really want to know how big is the "pretty big one" mentioned by klei? Hope there will be surprises this week.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Considering the update isn’t officially due out until December I would guess it’ll next Tuesday but I suppose it could release earlier.

:wolfgangstache: also this Emoji is super funny.

XD

It's anyone's guess, really. Assuming there hasn't been a change of plans, we know 2 things:

1. The beta will start in November. Given that Klei usually releases stuff on Thursdays (with Walter being the sole exception in the last 2+ years), this means it'll either start on November 19th or November 26th.

2. The beta's end will coincide with Winter's Feast. And the last two Winter's Feasts began on December 6th and December 12th respectively. But the ones before started on the 15th and 18th, so that's probably not very helpful.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

It's anyone's guess, really. Assuming there hasn't been a change of plans, we know 2 things:

1. The beta will start in November. Given that Klei usually releases stuff on Thursdays (with Walter being the sole exception in the last 2+ years), this means it'll either start on November 19th or November 26th.

2. The beta's end will coincide with Winter's Feast. And the last two Winter's Feasts began on December 6th and December 12th respectively. But the ones before started on the 15th and 18th, so that's probably not very helpful.

hope it's november 19th:).

13 minutes ago, stranger again said:

coincidentally Novemeber 19th is a Thursday 

If it’s the 19th, we don’t have to wait another week, considering that after the test version is released, it will take one or two weeks to make some changes or fix bugs. (Considering that Klei said that this is a huge update, I think it should be better to test more time)so maybe it would be better to release it on the 19th. I look forward to the new version.

Just now, BeeClops said:

i'm so hyped for this one, can barely wait, i hope we get something on Thursday. But if not we probably gonna get something next Thursday most likely.

yes!So this Thursday I will set an alarm clock to get up early to see if there will be surprises:D

I personally hope this update doesn’t come out anytime soon, Klei said that this would be the last update they do before taking a holiday break- so we need it to come out closer to December so we have content to enjoy until they go back to their regular content updates schedule.

We only have 3 things left to look forward to on the current Roadmap, This Upcoming “Big” Update, The WintersFeast event, and in January the Year of Beefalo event.

After that Klei will take a break on updates to take their much deserved holiday break-

Now to clarify, they’ve probably already been working on the above listed updates (assuming anything at all changes for WintersFeast) so when they take their holiday break- That content will already have been completed.

I think if this is all we have left to look forward to during their vacation that it should be released as late as possible but that’s just my personal opinion, maybe you don’t feel the same.

Either way, I look forward to seeing more of what they have in store for DST <3 can’t wait for the updated 2021 roadmap

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I personally hope this update doesn’t come out anytime soon, Klei said that this would be the last update they do before taking a holiday break- so we need it to come out closer to December so we have content to enjoy until they go back to their regular content updates schedule.

We only have 3 things left to look forward to on the current Roadmap, This Upcoming “Big” Update, The WintersFeast event, and in January the Year of Beefalo event.

After that Klei will take a break on updates to take their much deserved holiday break-

Now to clarify, they’ve probably already been working on the above listed updates (assuming anything at all changes for WintersFeast) so when they take their holiday break- That content will already have been completed.

I think if this is all we have left to look forward to during their vacation that it should be released as late as possible but that’s just my personal opinion, maybe you don’t feel the same.

Either way, I look forward to seeing more of what they have in store for DST <3 can’t wait for the updated 2021 roadmap

We are talking about test server updates. .

You mean the beta phase right? That usually lasts about a week or two weeks before going live- I have never seen beta phase last longer then that except for the first RoT update that stayed in beta for forever before coming to consoles.

Lately though- Klei has been trying to push that content out on all consoles at roughly the same time, it may be a week or two, but I certainly wouldn’t expect any longer then that on beta before the real thing is released.

And if the real thing is supposed to launch mid-December, the beta probably won’t start till end November- but that’s merely my own observation of past beta phases and the time line they coincide with for the full release.

I could totally be wrong- and I do 100% agree with you that the bigger the update, the longer it should go through beta before releasing as bug free as possible for Playstation & Xbox players.

Our updates are quite a hassle due to Sony/Microsoft certification process, and we can’t get hot fixes as quickly as PC can, so it’s best that PC goes through all the bugs and issues first before releasing a more stable update to consoles-

But even given that: sometimes bugs that aren’t present on PC rear their ugly head once that update pushes to console- And Klei has to also re-address the update to deal with the Platform specific bugs.

Its probably tiring work for them to be honest, My fingers are just crossed that Xbox doesn’t endure another Tragic Torch skin bug (last years WintersFeast Bug that was Xbox Exclusive that caused the console to freeze up and power itself off) 

Because Klei was away taking holiday break and because of that annoying Sony/Microsoft certification delay- That bug lasted in our version of the game until AFTER WintersFeast completely ended and YoTC began.

This bug? It was as simple as equipping the Tragic Torch skin and bang game crashes for everyone playing at the time.

That horrible bug is now squashed thank goodness but it’s just a tiny example of how a HUGE update could have such an Obscure problem. 

58 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You mean the beta phase right? That usually lasts about a week or two weeks before going live- I have never seen beta phase last longer then that except for the first RoT update that stayed in beta for forever before coming to consoles.

Lately though- Klei has been trying to push that content out on all consoles at roughly the same time, it may be a week or two, but I certainly wouldn’t expect any longer then that on beta before the real thing is released.

And if the real thing is supposed to launch mid-December, the beta probably won’t start till end November- but that’s merely my own observation of past beta phases and the time line they coincide with for the full release.

I could totally be wrong- and I do 100% agree with you that the bigger the update, the longer it should go through beta before releasing as bug free as possible for Playstation & Xbox players.

Our updates are quite a hassle due to Sony/Microsoft certification process, and we can’t get hot fixes as quickly as PC can, so it’s best that PC goes through all the bugs and issues first before releasing a more stable update to consoles-

But even given that: sometimes bugs that aren’t present on PC rear their ugly head once that update pushes to console- And Klei has to also re-address the update to deal with the Platform specific bugs.

Its probably tiring work for them to be honest, My fingers are just crossed that Xbox doesn’t endure another Tragic Torch skin bug (last years WintersFeast Bug that was Xbox Exclusive that caused the console to freeze up and power itself off) 

Because Klei was away taking holiday break and because of that annoying Sony/Microsoft certification delay- That bug lasted in our version of the game until AFTER WintersFeast completely ended and YoTC began.

This bug? It was as simple as equipping the Tragic Torch skin and bang game crashes for everyone playing at the time.

That horrible bug is now squashed thank goodness but it’s just a tiny example of how a HUGE update could have such an Obscure problem. 

If the test server can be turned on earlier to extend the test time, I think it will be very good, and it is also good for console players.Klei will have more time to modify or fix bugs. Players on the test server will try their best to help them find bugs.

Because this is a big update that klei mentioned two months of content merged together. So I think there will be a lot of feedback from players at the time, and the repair will take time,  after the official release of the content, we will get several hotfixes. These will also take a lot of time. imo, if it is too late to start the test, then they may have to work until a few days before Christmas before they can take a holiday. I hope that all the developers of Klei can have a longer holiday and have a good rest. It’s best to start to rest soon Beginning of December.They have done so much for us. For me, they are the best group of developers. , respect. btw, I am also looking forward to 2021 roadmap, but I think we will get it after yotb.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Troubled Waters, She Sells Sea Shells and Forgotten knowledge took one to two weeks to release from beta. The other updates took 2 weeks to a month. Considering this is a "big" update itll probably take 3 weeks tbh.

Archived