Will there be a test server update this week?

6 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think we may get  just news this week the 19th, and probably a beta start on the 26th.

Full release will most likely be at some point in December so it may come along with winter's feast.

That's pretty unlikely. We have never gotten a preview for upcoming RoT expansions. We just get a silhouette and a title. And we already got the silhouette for this one.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

That's pretty unlikely. We have never gotten a preview for upcoming RoT expansions. We just get a silhouette and a title. And we already got the silhouette for this one.

It doesn't have to be a preview, it can even be just joe saying "we think that the new beta will start next week" or something of the sorts.

12 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It doesn't have to be a preview, it can even be just joe saying "we think that the new beta will start next week" or something of the sorts.

That's also something they've never done before though. And there wouldn't be much point in announcing it 1-2 days prior.

Remind me, was there a period between the end of Hallowed nights and the beginning of Winter's feast, or did one event replace the other almost immediately? If that's the case, since Hallowed nights ends on the 22nd, there might be an update coming shortly, but likely not today.

11 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

Remind me, was there a period between the end of Hallowed nights and the beginning of Winter's feast, or did one event replace the other almost immediately? If that's the case, since Hallowed nights ends on the 22nd, there might be an update coming shortly, but likely not today.

Last year Hallowed Nights and Winter's Feast both lasted until the next event begun.

5 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

so we're most likely gonna get winters feast + new beta on the 22nd

Nnnno. Winter's Feast will come with the live release, according to the announcement (and according to the fact that last year's Winter's Feast came out with Hook, Line & Inker's live release.)

I'm not even sure Hallowed Nights will actually end on the 22nd, since the devs have not said anything on the matter. Not to mention, the 22nd falls on a Sunday...

2 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

I'm pretty certain I read that exact date somewhere. But it is a bit odd, that it's on a Sunday..

You probably read it on Steam, it says at the update that there is the new in-game event which will end on the 22nd

Yeah, the date was on Steam. I'm just saying that the lack of a proper end date announcement, the fact the 22nd falls on a Sunday and the fact that last year's Hallowed Nights ran all the way until Winter's Feast makes me think it might be some placeholder date or something.

12 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Yeah, the date was on Steam. I'm just saying that the lack of a proper end date announcement, the fact the 22nd falls on a Sunday and the fact that last year's Hallowed Nights ran all the way until Winter's Feast makes me think it might be some placeholder date or something.

You my friend speak words of great wisdom, I personally don’t feel like the beta phase for the update is coming today, if my calculations are correct I would expect the full release of this update around Mid-December which means the Beta phase would probably start next Tuesday or at the most next Thursday as it is the last possible Thursday for the Month of November. I could be wrong, I’m just guessing here of course.

18 minutes ago, Pikapikap said:

This week is probably impossible. We have to wait another week.Really suffering.

Honestly- to tell you the truth there’s content Klei has been adding to this game for awhile that I haven’t even touched, I mean yeah I come these forums and read the gist of their update patch notes: But there’s still tons of stuff they add that I’ve yet to experience, I think the Number of trips I’ve made to Lunar Island can be counted on both hands without needing your toes to go past 10, NOT Repeat trips to the same island mind you.. I’m talking after I’ve grown bored of my worlds and deleted them.

I bet you not including character reworks and new dlc characters that there is content that Klei has been adding to the game for Years that I have yet to scratch the surface on, As such I’m not in any dire need for this upcoming content update because I’ve barely dabbled into what’s already there.

Klei has been some of the nicest friendliest developers out there, and I wish I could afford to support them more, their little 15$ game has provided me with, and continues to provide me with more entertainment value then games Ive paid over 100$ for.

Ive barely touched forgotten knowledges, Troubled Waters, I did do a good bit of She Sells stuff but haven’t even explored that completely.

While I understand your desire for the new update, Klei said it would be big, now for me Forgotten Knowledges has been the biggest update since Turn of Tides, So how much bigger are we talking here??

Theres already a lot to see and do in DST that I haven’t done yet so I’m not burned out on content, but an update bigger then Forgotten Knowledges/Hallowed Nights?

I think I can wait as long as it takes for them to get something that big ready.

The good news however- is that unless delayed (which hasn’t been announced yet) that beta branch HAS to go live next Week.

:) It’s Thursday already- so you have at the most 7 days left of waiting friend, Count em down with excitement!

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly- to tell you the truth there’s content Klei has been adding to this game for awhile that I haven’t even touched, I mean yeah I come these forums and read the gist of their update patch notes: But there’s still tons of stuff they add that I’ve yet to experience, I think the Number of trips I’ve made to Lunar Island can be counted on both hands without needing your toes to go past 10, NOT Repeat trips to the same island mind you.. I’m talking after I’ve grown bored of my worlds and deleted them.

I bet you not including character reworks and new dlc characters that there is content that Klei has been adding to the game for Years that I have yet to scratch the surface on, As such I’m not in any dire need for this upcoming content update because I’ve barely dabbled into what’s already there.

Klei has been some of the nicest friendliest developers out there, and I wish I could afford to support them more, their little 15$ game has provided me with, and continues to provide me with more entertainment value then games Ive paid over 100$ for.

Ive barely touched forgotten knowledges, Troubled Waters, I did do a good bit of She Sells stuff but haven’t even explored that completely.

While I understand your desire for the new update, Klei said it would be big, now for me Forgotten Knowledges has been the biggest update since Turn of Tides, So how much bigger are we talking here??

Theres already a lot to see and do in DST that I haven’t done yet so I’m not burned out on content, but an update bigger then Forgotten Knowledges/Hallowed Nights?

I think I can wait as long as it takes for them to get something that big ready.

The good news however- is that unless delayed (which hasn’t been announced yet) that beta branch HAS to go live next Week.

:) It’s Thursday already- so you have at the most 7 days left of waiting friend, Count em down with excitement!

I have experienced all the content of rot so far. When you know that the update is coming soon, the waiting will be more difficult, especially when Klei mentioned that this is a major update, I really can’t wait to see what it is. But like you said, now we can only wait for it to arrive.

Archived