[Game Update] - Cloud Saves Preview - 440073

Just loaded this update preview.  (I was a responsible being and copied my save files elsewhere before even updating the game)

Here's the info on what I've experienced so far after playing 1 cycle with it.

Working good on linux, although I'm now getting mini lag events on the game... Nothing dramatic, it just kinda "pauses" the music for less than half a second and scrolling gets a mini bump at the same time. Also happens sometimes when browsing marked map locations.

I really have to clean my local files before enabling cloud saves... the amount of files that have been accumulated thus far are not few so there's that 1.3GB of stuff gathering virtual dust on the drive...

Will update if something odd comes about.

Ok, so the intermittent cutouts in music/ game-stalls are always there... Seems like a minor annoyance that's not game breaking. Can't pinpoint a specific event or trigger where this is happening. Also game music does become choppy on load screen.

• Thanks 2

• Developer

Hey all, I just pushed a single-change hotfix that resolves the crash most of you are seeing. Some of the popup windows, including the "mods changed/updated" popups, were causing this crash.

The new version is 440073.

Thanks for the reports!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hey all, I just pushed a single-change hotfix that resolves the crash most of you are seeing. Some of the popup windows, including the "mods changed/updated" popups, were causing this crash.

The new version is 440073.

Thanks for the reports!

Wow. First time I see you working on the weekend. Such care about the players :-o Thanks!

Problems with mods fixed (Windows 10 2004 x64)

Thank you @Ipsquiggle
The in-game hiccup is gone. Only the load screen hiccup remains. It happens when the load file is about done and gameplay is about to start. IMO: This is rather negligible.

Talk about negligible, here's some low hanging fruit I found in the in-game database, let's call it a blast from the past that never went away (yes, the hydrofan was still there even before the update previews):

Hydrofan.png.40dfa96df6eb03b1308b40d646976ee2.png878793806_hydro2.png.2fe208c0e2cacecac8e1e1fde07774d8.png

7 hours ago, aresd said:

It's even worse))

My condolences. That sucks.  (Hope this gets translated fine...)

2 hours ago, JRup said:

Ok, so the intermittent cutouts in music/ game-stalls are always there... Seems like a minor annoyance that's not game breaking. Can't pinpoint a specific event or trigger where this is happening. Also game music does become choppy on load screen.

Matches my observations, I have had it in other places too now. Seems to be related to disk access at least in some cases. I have ONI on a pretty fast nvme SSD. 

34 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Matches my observations, I have had it in other places too now. Seems to be related to disk access at least in some cases. I have ONI on a pretty fast nvme SSD. 

Found the music-choppiness today when trying out 440000 and I'd go as far as say it was mostly removed on 440073... Hmm, interesting thing relating it to disc access, I didn't get to check that aspect because 440073 was pushed very shortly afterwards...
I'm also on the NVMe bandwagon (raid array though) because I'd scored some PM981's on the cheap on fleabay...

10 hours ago, JRup said:

Found the music-choppiness today when trying out 440000 and I'd go as far as say it was mostly removed on 440073... Hmm, interesting thing relating it to disc access, I didn't get to check that aspect because 440073 was pushed very shortly afterwards...

Seems fixed in 440073 or at least is very rare now. 

Edit: Still present, just had it on an auto-save.

Edited by Gurgel

image.thumb.png.44af8eae45dcfe7cdaabbfbcb8b0f4c6.png

image.png.bdf07d5b36b6f6ca3fdf331f59aca912.png

also display the dupe stats like the old character sheet format. More data is better for players to make informed decisions. Include all pertinent information you can please. No good reason to hide dupe stats. The new layout is clean and simple, but less informative. Or at least include them in the tooltip mouse over?

Edited by Slvrsrfr
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

For your next or later update, can you let us choose our favorite stater dupes like the "choose job" button in the character select menu?

I've been asking this for years because I always choose Otto, Max, and stinky. It sometimes takes a halfhour to choose my setup just so I can get a particular set without loud snoring and allergies.

Im on Linux. Just got added to beta removed all mods, and it crashes up on start with

[12:06:40.992] [1] [ERROR] Assert failed
Assert failed
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, LogOption, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Debug:LogError(Object)
Debug:Assert(Boolean)
DebugUtil:Assert(Boolean)
KFMOD:CollectParameterUpdaters()
KFMOD:Initialize()
LaunchInitializer:Update()

Should linux work so far? Log-File is about.... 10 mib, u want it zipped?

Player.zip

Edited by muezlie
im not known for my saveless workflow.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:09 AM, muezlie said:

Should linux work so far? ...

I would dare say us linux cave-wanderers are out of luck so far... The FMOD thingie in the game is killing our chances of native gaming so the dlc alpha is not supported.

If anything I'm terribly lazy to install windows just for this and I'll skip using proton for this so I'll stick to any random stream and watch from time to time. (So no, I didn't register for a spot - someone else might get the chance too.)

Edited by JRup

On 11/14/2020 at 1:42 AM, krop said:

Confirmed. Now that the game start I could verify a string updated in one of the last snapshot.

STRINGS.UI.ENDOFDAYREPORT.NUMBER_OF_WILD_CRITTERS.*_TOOLTIP don't make sense:

- The message talks about domestic critters instead of wild ones,

- {1} is replaced by the critter name. The string becomes '(quantity) domestic critters live in (critter name)'

@Ipsquiggle Five months later, this is still present in vanilla.