What is the fastest way to get rid of dupes ?

Any help is welcome :confused: > "Insatiable hunger" trait.

What is the fastest way to get rid of dupes, without using the editor ? Is the best solution to wall them in until they die ?

These 2 buggers are always eating the entire colony food away in emergencies, each one of them easily munches 50000 calories in no time. Is it possible to modify their diet, so that they don`t take food anymore ?

image.thumb.png.4adb91c817eae6e9586e7f4879f009ea.png

P.S. Imagine if it would be possible to send these 2 to another players colony, as a nice "Present" :black_eyed:

Thanks for helping. Currently they don`t move...They are non stop eating and starving the colony.

Do you know a good way to build a dupe trap ? Something I can get them in and execute them in a second. Some good build, without door pumps, without lava and such ? The idea would be to have such a dupe execution trap at the food source.

Something better than an assigned sleep bed, without oxygen, where I lock the doors or sending them to space in happy-colony-times ? Any ideas welcome, does not matter how crude. :confused:

I`m looking currently at the consumable screen, but some insta zap death trap build would be much better. :black_eyed:

image.thumb.png.707790bc26bfad09e6bddc6d0c7286bd.png

I started a frozen water world colony, no lava, currently not enough resources to start glass melting mass production.

Still hoping for a clever death trap build, which I can build in survival mode, in the center of my base, at the food source.

That would be perfect. Hoping for clever input, a good insta zap build :confused: So I guess starving of oxygen or mega heat are the only 2 options ? Or is there more ideas for some insta zap death ? Some angry pokeshell farm would be funny, but I`m really looking for something simple and instant. So a lava build would be best ?

I`m currently preparing a kill list, scanning all dupes for that trait. It would be much nicer if I could build a sniper rifle in the game...

image.png.a06f12b2619d1c307adb942853c297a6.pngimage.png.c79d1ffc4d29efe0edfe716b5c1544bd.pngimage.png.21a62feab63a85efb40fc90f5cfd345f.png!!!image.png.deac44032b1264a06a1ae377b80958ba.png

Perhaps I`ll do the effort of glass mass melting and make a big mess  hall with lava stored on top...

"The Binge Eater Party - Come by, all you can eat ! Its free ! The chance of your life".

image.thumb.png.b1ff59260d84d27b4a440968fc84752c.png

2 tiles room, 1-way door (only for those two), forget about them. A pneumatic door. This has a specific advantage in gameplay (*).

But, if you don't want to kill them, assign massage tables to them

(*) watch other dups pass by and ignore them, while they're starving. Other dups could easily pass some food thru the door but they won't, that's because they are evil selfish creatures that don't care about each other. Mourning is just them putting on a show. Hold that thought, now you're feeling much better about killing them. :)

2 hours ago, babba said:

Thanks for helping. Currently they don`t move...They are non stop eating and starving the colony.

Order your other dupes to take the food to another room behind a door they don't have access to.

suffocate them in a CO2 area. down below your base in your CO2 pit, build a room with a door that nobody is allowed to pass through, except the dupes you want dead. They are allowed to ENTER the room but not leave it. Give them a 'move to' order into said room, wait a bit, and poof no more problem dupes.

1 minute ago, suicide commando said:

suffocate them in a CO2 area. down below your base in your CO2 pit, build a room with a door that nobody is allowed to pass through, except the dupes you want dead. They are allowed to ENTER the room but not leave it. Give them a 'move to' order into said room, wait a bit, and poof no more problem dupes.

They won't respond to move to orders while they are binge eating.  Hence why I said just move the food to where they can't get at it.

Imagine if we could all play a shared colony together at the same time...and the challenge is to get rid of 100 dupes as fast as possible.

Everyone gets the same resources and then the timer clock starts :D The winner gets "Stinky" as a plush toy.

Sabotaging multiplayer games is always a hot topic, especially if unknown players ( can ) join other (public?) games. There is sabotage which can be funny, helpful or entertaining if supported by well implemented game design.

If I may, I invite to an inspirational chip tune remix of a great sabotage game of my child hood

It is funny and enjoyable, that ONi brings back so many memories of everything which was great in many past years of gaming.

Imagine Dupes performing "Yoga" in a "Karateka Room", that would be ... awesome ! Or as a mini game for 2 players in a shared colony.

image.png.81d3e7a18af09e4cad2d6c9dd0f11f89.png

Mass murder is normally not my thing, but it did turn out that 20% of my colony population are binge eaters !

image.thumb.png.e3099eba5ea62d8cb516285b9b1d8a50.png

Will make a nice life for the others, but it just was too many binge eaters. :afro:

Stinky is complaining that its so much work shifting all these corpses around. The murdering is still going on, its like running a hotel with killer beds.

image.png.852e072878fb9c85ed0f6c4495e17a6b.png

Best way to kill dupes...

Make a small room with hamster wheels and a Pneumatic Door. On the door, there are door restrictions, set the door restrictions to allow the doomed dupes to come in, but not leave. Then order them in (tell them to move into the room). Dupes obey door restrictions even if it is life or death, and they will run on the hamster wheels until they starve to death. Of course, the hamster wheels are entirely optional, you could just use 2 tile room behind an airlock where they will quickly suffocate, but may as well get some use of the last cycles of their life.

Archived