Am I heating this water to kill germs wrong?

I have polluted water heated to 185.2F, but the germs are not being killed by the temperature.

They are instead being killed by "Dying on liquid: 29% dead/cycle"

At one point (around 154F I think), they were dying extremely quickly.

Am I doing something wrong?

18 minutes ago, BaZERGer said:

Sounds like it's Slimelung, according to the wiki, they don't start dying to temperature until 90 degrees celsius.

90 degrees Celsius is 194 degrees Fahrenheit so OP is close,

He's talking about polluted water so I doubt it's slimelung

1 hour ago, penguin0616 said:

I have polluted water heated to 185.2F, but the germs are not being killed by the temperature.

Heating and cooling water to kill germs can be power costly

Might be easier to simply pump the polluted water into reservoirs submerged in chlorine

7 hours ago, Neotuck said:

He's talking about polluted water so I doubt it's slimelung

Food Poisoning wouldn't be dying off in polluted water, it would be growing, and would start dying from heat from 40 degrees celsius, which is why i suspect Slimelung.

3 minutes ago, penguin0616 said:

Side note: Is there a germ sensor?

Yes, but you need plastic to build them, which can be gotten from polymer press (using oil) or glossy dreckos (morph of dreckos that eat mealwood)

8 minutes ago, penguin0616 said:

@Duck986 Both food poisoning and slimelung get mixed into the water, so I might as well just purify it.

Only one type of germ can exist in any kind of tile, and Slimelung overrides FP, as I remember it right. 

34 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

According to wiki, "consuming items with Slimelung has no effect", so I don't think it even makes sense disinfecting this water. Plants do not receive germs from fertilizer/water too.

If there is slimelung in the water, then feeding it in to electrolyzers would release slimelung in to the air.  It makes sense to disinfect the water.

Done!
image.thumb.png.b53fa697eea353b255ae86eb62fc41d1.png

The left doors are on not gates, as are the lower two. The timer is set to half a cycle.

As long as you're not getting massive throughput, it should decontaminate just fine, since the liquid will spend at least half a cycle exposed to Chlorine.

EDIT: You can't see the pipes, but top left connects to bottom left. Top right connects to bottom right.

Also it occurs to me you may want a third row, otherwise liquid can flow straight into the second row just before the timer switches and receive next to no decontamination. Alternatively, hook bottom left up to top right, although that reduces flow consistency.

Chlorine is the best way to kill germs IMO

You need to move the water into a tank in a room full of chlorine, prevent new water from being inserted into the tank until it has been completely disinfected and emptied, detect the number of germs on the output and recirculate it through if there are still germs.

Or you can use a timer based system, I believe a full tank of water can be disinfected in 33% of a cycle, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You just need to make sure no water can be inserted until the tank is completely empty.

22 minutes ago, ExEvolution said:

Or you can use a timer based system, I believe a full tank of water can be disinfected in 33% of a cycle, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You just need to make sure no water can be inserted until the tank is completely empty.

less actually, there is 600s in a cycle and 33% would be about 200s

My bathroom loop is set up at 135s delay to kill germs, never had a single germ slip past

13.thumb.png.ccdb63803da591336fe69495cc25572a.png

Here's the simplest way to kill germs by setting up a daisy chain of four or more reservoirs in chlorine.  It's overkill if the only foodpoisioning germs comes from your bathrooms but if you find a PW geyser on your map (I found 3) then this works great

20201106203852_1.thumb.jpg.d986a4cfe6b302dd30976b4535d5464c.jpg20201106203839_1.thumb.jpg.8c11533f9953a2870b1f8ed389137551.jpg

Use the automation signal from the first reservoir (High Threshold 100 / Low Threshold 99) to open/close the mech door under the last reservoir.  This will prevent the tanks from emptying while maintaining full flow rate from your PW sources

20201106203848_1.thumb.jpg.cfb3b1d70a2e654612097663d4438b13.jpg

Archived