Could have a cure for diseases

?

Whaddaya mean by "We"? and "wanted?" 

A fair portion of players want a cure, another fair portion want a way to prevent it other than digging it up when there's a warning. And the other group thinks it's fine as it is. I don't know what you mean by "Wanted." Klei hasn't stopped updating the game and it's still going strong. Or you're thinking Klei has made a statement that they aren't going to do so. (Which as far as I remember they haven't done so at all.) Or is this a translation mishap?

I don't know if you're trying to speak for all of us, but you certainly don't speak for me.

Yeah, either a cure or a way for plants to germinate or be crafted in the new landscaping tab. 

I want more berry bushes in my world and it would be a solution to disease as well if germination were also added. I mean, berries have seeds, grass have roots and saplings have seeds too in any reasonable environment. Would be nice to have a method of multiplication when it comes to plants and that in and of itself is one solution to disease.

Don't mind the haters, op.

the mechanic is fine for a survival game but being also a sandbox where basebuilding takes place makes frustating not having something in the middle to keep having a penalty to prevent confortable plant farms but also alowing people to have plants as decoration with another less boring mechanic than "dig everything every x days"

edit: and berry bushes arent renewable Q-Q

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the mechanic is fine for a survival game but being also a sandbox where basebuilding takes place makes frustating not having something in the middle to keep having a penalty to prevent confortable plant farms but also alowing people to have plants as decoration with another less boring mechanic than "dig everything every x days"

Yeah that's the entire problem, I don't even want to use the plants I dig, some of them just get dug while you play from Bearger, asteroids, those plants get wasted if you don't want to build a farm cause of disease... nah I want to place a cute bush there and here just to ornate a bit sometime tho, but I can't cause I don't think it's fun to do that one thing every 5 hours. Or maybe I'll have to hire a Wes to renewal my plants !

or turn off the disease... but I'd like the default experience to be more interesting.

perhaps i am just not understanding the argument but i really do not know why turning off disease is not a viable option? of course i think it is the same reason people often dont use any of the world-gen toggles but still. disease is a crummy idea in its current state for sure but there is still the entirely practical and economical option of taking it out of the game through valid in-game means

39 minutes ago, gaymime said:

perhaps i am just not understanding the argument but i really do not know why turning off disease is not a viable option?

Well, because we have hundreds of ideas to make disease something nice, something with much more deepness and to make basic plant farming more accessible, I'd hate the disease to disappear from the game, Klei really have to do that disease rework on a QoL

44 minutes ago, gaymime said:

perhaps i am just not understanding the argument but i really do not know why turning off disease is not a viable option? of course i think it is the same reason people often dont use any of the world-gen toggles but still. disease is a crummy idea in its current state for sure but there is still the entirely practical and economical option of taking it out of the game through valid in-game means

because punishing grass, berries and twiggs farms is so interesting and balanced. I have played ds and dst with it off and is less interesting to gather twigs that you planted in early days without any trouble

i like it but is boring

Maybe, so you could use plants as decoration, using the sweeper on a diseased plant could make the plant look normal but still function like it would it it did have disease? Just an idea. A cure for disease is still needed though, just feels like it would be annoying to cure plants you know you will never pick or use.

Disease should be turned off by default or heavily reworked. As it is right now disease feels like an early access tech demo of showing it's possible for plants to become diseased. There's no way to prevent disease other than the incredibly fun and rewarding shovel every plant and replant it every once in awhile. There's no way to cure disease. There's nothing about disease, it's just "You moved a plant? Keep shovelling it up! Fun!". It's not hard to stop disease. It's not challenging to stop disease. It's not fun to stop disease. It's just boring. It's just tedious. The plants that get diseased aren't even the best way to get their things, they're relatively bad at it. A berry bush farm pales in comparison to bunnymen or various other food sources and a grass tuft farm pales in comparison to an automated grass gekko pen.

2 minutes ago, TiMMaHnaTor said:

Yeah, naturally. But berries can compliment crockpot recipes quite well.

No more so than bunnymen's carrots, bull kelp's kelp frond, mini glacier's ice, stone fruit bush's stone fruit, cave lichen's lichen, or any other various fillers.

Diseases are annoying enough that I don't bother replanting the regular berry bushes, grass and twigs anymore. Probably sucks for people who like pretty bases though. If it's just basic survival, visiting the savanna, forest and grassland biomes once or twice each season for piles of grass, twigs and beefalo wool is usually more than enough to get by with.

The only difference that Wickerbottom with 50 berry bushes, 40 grass and 40 twigs does is:

• Produce lots of rot.
  • Force you to build lots of chests.
  • Give you back pain from harvesting everything.

Disease in DST is probably like Corpses Enabled in Darkest Dungeon. It's a mechanic to make the game harder, but it's not a fun mechanic. Just turn it off if you are a base builder. People who just want to survive don't really need to replant anything.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

No more so than bunnymen's carrots, bull kelp's kelp frond, mini glacier's ice, stone fruit bush's stone fruit, cave lichen's lichen, or any other various fillers.

A mistake I see some people do in winter is like:

"Hey, it's winter. I'll get some ice."

It should be:

"Hey, it's winter! I'll get all the ice!"

if a cure for disease was to be available, I would hope that disease itself would become more common, through more active threats.

Right now its hardly a problem, and for a lot of people its worth just turning off as it doesn't add any real value.

12 hours ago, gaymime said:

Sometimes making a server on cloud gives no opportunity to change world settings and turn off disease.

Archived