Secondary Character Perks(What would you choose?)

Which character and secondary?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Which character would you pick?

2. 2. Which character perks would be your secondary?

I apologize if the title is confusing, but I don't know what to name the thread.

But my Island Culinary Adventure(my island adventures playthrough) had me curious about something, if you were to play one character, but also have the perks(both positive and negative) of another character as secondary perks, which character would you pick, and which character would you have the perks of as a secondary perks?

Conflicting perks(such as Wigfrid and Wurt's food restrictions) would cancel each other out.

For me well... Base off my recent playthrough obviously I'd be Wendy with Warly as the secondary, not even for the spices either, just the crockpot and more specifically, the refined palate downside. I namely like the food variety and some of warlys dishes(and I'm not specifially saying the meta ones, I could live without the heavilly used volt goat jelly) such as Moqueca, moqueca being my favorite dish in terms of artwork.

So yeah, I figured I'd ask out of curiosity. A poll has been provided for those who do not wish to reply.

20 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

Conflicting perks(such as Wigfrid and Wurt's food restrictions) would cancel each other out.

Wigfrid and Wurt's food restrictions don't really conflict with each other. Wurt prohibits Meat, while Wigfrid prohibits anything but Meat and Goodies. So you'd end up with a character who can only eat Goodies. In other words, most Hallowed Nights and Winter's Feast treats, Taffy, Mushy Cake, Volt Goat Chaud-Froid and Jellybeans.

I pick Woodie first and even though having Wigfrid's helmets and regenerative perks would be really nice, I think in the long run Wickerbottom would be the best pick. Healing during transformations is not such a big problem once you have jellybeans.

I often find myself switching between Woodie and Wickerbottom actually, since Wicker gives all "the important stuff" Woodie doesn't have:  

Spoiler

- Mass farming food, reeds, stones (applied horticulture + stone fruits + beaver to open them)

- Farming krampus sacks (bird farm)

- Advancing the stage of trees to "old" so woodie gets living logs even faster

- Sleeping the treeguards wherever you want them to stay

- Sleeping enemies to get more time to transform into moose

- Tentacle trap to kill bee queen early.

The ultimate almighty Viking warrior of primary Wolfgang + secondary Wigfrid sounds pretty glorious if you ask me! 

The reason why Wolfgang is better of as primary is because he has no impactful downsides (plus his omnivorous diet compensates that of Wigfrid's) 

4 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

The ultimate almighty Viking warrior of primary Wolfgang + secondary Wigfrid sounds pretty glorious if you ask me! 

The reason why Wolfgang is better of as primary is because he has no impactful downsides (plus his omnivorous diet compensates that of Wigfrid's) 

Keep in mind you'd have wigfrid's downside of being a carnivore!

31 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Wigfrid and Wurt's food restrictions don't really conflict with each other. Wurt prohibits Meat, while Wigfrid prohibits anything but Meat and Goodies. So you'd end up with a character who can only eat Goodies. In other words, most Hallowed Nights and Winter's Feast treats, Taffy, Mushy Cake, Volt Goat Chaud-Froid and Jellybeans.

It does sound like a nightmare though :-D

3 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

The ultimate almighty Viking warrior of primary Wigfrid + secondary Wolfgang (or the opposite) sounds pretty glorious if you ask me! 

Having to get mighty on meat only, and having a tiny stomach with increased food needs could be challenging, but when your meat needs are set then yeah, it would be a godly being.

10 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Snip

Getting mighty on just meat doesn't sound so bad–meatballs and meaty stews exist after all, both being relatively cheap to make while providing a lot of hunger. If there's a mighty form, wouldn't if make sense for the stomach to be larger, since being wimpy is also a problem? 

I have a question to ask–is there a difference between a character having the position of primary and having the position of secondary? 

1 minute ago, Pinegrove said:

Getting mighty on just meat doesn't sound so bad - meatballs and meaty stews exist after all, both being relatively cheap to make while providing a lot of hunger. If there's a mighty form, wouldn't if make sense for the stomach to be larger, since being wimpy is also a problem? 

Well yeah, you could also stay mighty eating cooked monster meat then regenerating with Wigs perk.

Wigfrid has not only a meat only diet, but also a tiny stomach. And Wolfgang has increased hunger. If the cons combine you'd get tiny stomach + increased hunger. So you'd get the mightiest being in the constant, but during the times you are not fighting having to eat meat so often would probably be annoying, more than challenging. Still the mightiest being alive though :-D

13 minutes ago, Pinegrove said:

Oh, is that so? I though that a combination of omnivorous and carnivorous would result in omnivorous, like the logic of Slime Rancher's largos :wilson_ecstatic:

if a food group restriction isn't specified in their perks, then I figured it wouldn't be taken into account. Like wigfrid's meat restriction, Wurt's vegetable restriction and Warly's crockpot restriction are all specified perks.

5 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

tiny stomach + increased hunger.

Indeed, truly the most ravenous, gluttonous and destructive being since the Deerclops! :wilson_laugh:

I'm starting to think that there's a good reason why such character fusions don't exist... 

1 minute ago, Pinegrove said:

Indeed, truly the most ravenous, gluttonous and destructive being since the Deerclops! :wilson_laugh:

I'm starting to think that there's a good reason why such character fusions don't exist... 

I know, alot of combinations would be overpowered.

But I only made this thread to have fun and because I was just curious. My Island Adventures where I am effectively said combo of Wendy with Warly secondary was what made me curious.

Here's some of the WORST combinations I can think of:

- Woodie and Wurt: Wurt would remove the possibility of woodie to eat idols, removing a big chunk of his perks.

- Wormwood and Maxwell: 75 max hp + harder healing. Good luck with that!

- Wes + Wormwood: on the bright side seeing a mime with a giant flower in his head would be quite a sight.

11 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I know, alot of combinations would be overpowered.

But I only made this thread to have fun and because I was just curious. My Island Adventures where I am effectively said combo of Wendy with Warly secondary was what made me curious.

How would Wurt and Wortox work? Would the merms hate him/her?  Would it be able to eat souls, since its not a plant based food? 

If its all positive it would be one of the best combos: workers for resources, higher stats via merm king, high mobility, healing, and obtaining souls by making merms kill eachother. If all negative then its just a wortox who can't eat souls nor meat based items.

1 minute ago, ShadowDuelist said:

How would Wurt and Wortox work? Would the merms hate him/her?  Would it be able to eat souls, since its not a plant based food? 

If its all positive it would be one of the best combos: workers for resources, higher stats via merm king, high mobility, healing, and obtaining souls by making merms kill eachother. If all negative then its just a wortox who can't eat souls nor meat based items.

Honestly I didn't think of every possible combination. I don't think souls would be considered meat despite their eating animation? Do bunnymen use the anti-,meat dialogue for wortox's souls or do they just say the basic hostile dialog like "KILL!", "DIE!" or "HOP!"?

10 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

How would Wurt and Wortox work? Would the merms hate him/her?

Merms don't aggro on monsters, they aggro on non-merms. And since Wortox + Wurt makes you a merm, you won't be attacked by merms (but by other creatures like bunnyman instead, unless you put on your clever disguise which removes the monster tag from you).

Easy answer for me- Wendy/Wormwood.

I want to be able to play as my favorite character in the game but while also being challenged by not being able to heal through eating food items.

But a Wendy/Webber combo would’ve been a better choice, being able to plant, befriend and then murder Spiders without any threat whatsoever involved- now THATS op.

I voted Wormwood with Wortox, as Wortox Advantages cover Wormwoods disadvatages (Heal with souls), and Wormwoods advantages covers for Wortox (With farming for extra food and easy sanity gain in case you need to eat souls)

A bit weaker form of Wormtox would be Wormwood and Wendy for easy glands farming for no healing from food, and lots of food

Another, not so good, would be Wurt and Wormwood, since Wormwood can cover for Wurts disadvantage, but Wurt cant do much more than use the merms and large healthpool to cover for Wormwood's

Archived