Should sandy turf recipe be changed to desert stone?

Should sandy turf recipe be changed to desert stone?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should sandy turf recipe be changed to desert stone?

Right now sandy turf can be crafted from 1 rock + 1 bone shard. I would have preferred if sandy turf was craftable from desert stones. Rocks and bone shards have many uses, while desert stones do not. Their supply just keeps increasing every year because antlion drops them when killed. If anything, desert stones can be farmed by continuously giving eggs to antlion if a person needs a lot of sandy turf for some reason. (I for sure would be happy to finally get rid of those desert stones to cover blank tiles in desert with sandy turf)

If you think otherwise, please explain why.

5 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I didn't see the option in the poll, so instead I'll write it here: Hell no.

why would you not want that to be changed?
i don't really have an opinion either way since i am already struggling to survive so it's not my biggest interest making sandy turf atm lol

Id like to be able to mass produce the turfs and desert stones are probably the worst item for that. Not everyone kills antlion every year. Not everyone finds desert stones completely useless. Not everyone has killed antlion enough for the desert turf they need, and in that case, they need to wait an entire year for more.

54 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The only reason why I voted yes is so we have a simple way to destroy the excess desert stones.

By turning them into turf, they can easily be burned.

Can't you just drop them in the ocean or lureplants

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

Can't you just drop them in the ocean or lureplants

Lureplants sure, but its a slow method and sometimes a bit annoying IMO. The ocean I'm not sure, do they sink? 

The only reason why I'd support that change if I am given these 2 options (because personally I am not interested to use sandy turf anywhere) is to get another recycling method. It would depend more on the opinion of the megabase builders who probably would use this for decoration honestly, this is not a change I have strong feelings about in either way.

As a final opinion on the subject, I think in the event that you are legit interested to craft a lot of this turf, if you play alone it could be easier to get a lot of desert stones rather than getting the same amount of bone shards: just give the antlion a million eggs (if you got a frog rain during spring its not even that hard to do) and you are set. Bone shards, once the naturally spawning ones are gone, require players to either die and revive, or to rot a lot of fish and then RNG your chances to get just 1 shard every once and then.

In very long term games, and specially in open servers where new players join and die on daily basics, bone shards start accumulating anyway, so it's really a matter of where and how you play.

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The ocean I'm not sure, do they sink? 

You can get rid of almost everything in the void at the ocean corner, except unique items like the Celestial Orb. Just row a ship close enough to the world border and drop your items as close as possible to the border, they'll magically disappear.

33 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

You can get rid of almost everything in the void at the ocean corner, except unique items like the Celestial Orb. Just row a ship close enough to the world border and drop your items as close as possible to the border, they'll magically disappear.

Sounds needlessly complicated for an item that does sink.

Also, I don't think the recipe should be changed (as much as I hate mass producing bone shards) because at least bone shards CAN be mass produced. It'd suck if you wanted to cover a big area and had to constantly get trinkets and kill the Antlion for it.

I don’t see why it would be a bad change, so I’ll be for it.

Also, I’m confused on why people state you can’t mass produce it. If you don’t know, antlion accepts and will spit out desert stones in exchange for eggs. Chances are if desert turf starts becoming an issue, you will likely have a bunch of meat/leafy meat farms to convert into eggs anyway. I know it’s summer exclusive, but you likely are going to be through several summers before you are actually making turf, much less doing the archives to get the turf maker.

Its certainly less tedious then grinding for bone shards, unless you are playing with a bunch of players or you have a large merm farm to grind bone shards from the spoiled fish they produce.

23 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

Also, I’m confused on why people state you can’t mass produce it. If you don’t know, antlion accepts and will spit out desert stones in exchange for eggs. Chances are if desert turf starts becoming an issue, you will likely have a bunch of meat/leafy meat farms to convert into eggs anyway. I know it’s summer exclusive, but you likely are going to be through several summers before you are actually making turf, much less doing the archives to get the turf maker.

Didn't realize you can trade meat for them tbh. Thought you could only give him trinkets. I still feel like it would be weird using a "boss" item for it since all the other crafting recipes are really simple basic materials, but if the change happened, I'd be fine with it.

9 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

I'm surprised so many people don't want a use for desert stones in singleplayer, and a logical one at that. Especially since they're so easy to get.

I agree but sand turfs have no use either so meh.

21 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

I'm surprised so many people don't want a use for desert stones in singleplayer, and a logical one at that. Especially since they're so easy to get.

Oh yeah, give desert stones a "real" use... like... make them burnable for Healing Salve! Or allow us to use them as fuel for our fire pit.
We "really" need an used for them since there's "noooooo" way at all for us to get rid of those useless stones.

Honestly, I can't tell if you're joking or not.

8 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Honestly, I can't tell if you're joking or not.

What do I even say here? I'm sorry you don't think decorative terraforming is worth anything? Right now their only use without other players is wasting orange gems. It's a something > nothing situation.

Archived