What are your feelings towards Wormwood in DST?

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

in dst is easier to craft honey potions and nitre is renewable via pretified trees and earthquakes

Yes i know but nitre in DST its also used for more things. I allways thought that nitre is more valuable than gold in dst

Wormwood is my second main and I love his overall design. My goto strategy on pub servers is to amass as many carrots as I can via bunny men and world generation (without hammering down hutches) and convert all those carrots to seeds.

The result is an early mass-harvest of getting pretty much every crop in the game. From there, I just focus on replanting the good stuff such as dragonfruit and pumpkins into farm plots, and turn the good-to-have plants back into the soil for replenishing later.

As a wormwood main I think his perks and drawbacks are perfectly balanced. I would like to see a few changes, however. He shouldn't lose sanity from the rain because he's a plant. Likewise he shouldn't loose sanity from dark flowers. Also, I've been hoping to see some skins for his flower trail, like with Wilson and Webber's beard skins, where his flower trail changes depending on what skin he wears. 

Only other thing I would like to see is some more perks. Being able to plant without a farm is amazing, so are his other perks, but there is a lot room for more. I feel like we are focusing to much on the fact that he's a plant, we are forgetting the fact that he has a big shard of magic moon crystal in his chest. So I would really like some of his perks to be more magical or moon based. 

We can tell by his quotes that Wormwood actually has a lot of understanding about the constant. He's been there his whole life, and his quotes reflect that. So despite his sub-par grasp of the English language, I think he knows a fair bit more about the constant than most of the other players. So, I think he would be a great character for lore, especially lore regarding the moon.

Also, I really want a lunar island based skin!

13 minutes ago, Pedrito said:

Yes i know but nitre in DST its also used for more things. I allways thought that nitre is more valuable than gold in dst

Nitre and Gems are the only two sources that can power Winona’s Generators.

Also Nitre (much like everything else in the game) is very much renewable 

Spoiler

You can get it in plentiful supply by taking a Pickaxe to a petrified forest.

Moleworm sometimes drops it when killed.

Caves and Cave Earthquakes drop it for free from the sky..

It’s not a rare resource.. but that could just depend on the world gen settings you have applied to your world- if for example you had Spider dens turned OFF then they too would be just as rare a resource (unless Webber joins the game)

I keep my worlds set to fairly fast world regrowth because I simply don’t have hours upon hours of time to play- seasons are random- changing these settings... 

Is the most fun anyone will ever have with this game- you can make it as easy or as hard as you personally feel like playing at the time.

I keep saying that like a broken record, but I wish more people would actually experience and SEE it-

I have a group of friends I play with on Xbox.. and I have to change my worlds settings based entirely upon WHO I am playing with at the time.. because they each have different skill levels and time they can play... 

So one friend may be able to invest 4+ hours into playing and enjoys mostly default settings, another friend may only be able to spare 30 minutes so they like seasons super short so they can enjoy a ton of content in significantly shorter time... Some may be Hardcore and want the most brutal unforgiving experience they can have.. and some of my friends may just enjoy a mostly peaceful easy going experience where it’s Autumn all year round without seasonal bosses or hound wave attacks.

You can do ALL of that by just flipping a few toggles prior to hosting a world.

This is important because like with the above Spoiler- Nitre is obviously in plentiful supply..

However messing with World Gen Settings is NOT a perfect experience.. for example if you turn OFF Summer you can never finish upgrading pearls Hermit Shack because you can’t get the ingredient that only spawns in freakin Summer..

The content of the game does not accommodate itself to the changes you apply to your world settings- And that’s something I seriously wish Klei would take the time to look into & perfect..

If for example they add a “Permanent full moon” toggle for day length.. then I sincerely hope they also consider all the moon related changes to the game that would need to be fixed (mostly just make Woodie Immune to transforming on full moon) to accommodate for that.

HOWEVER with Halloween right around the corner.. and how ghosts come out graves always hostile and angry and pigs mutate into Werepigs on Full Moons, then it makes perfect sense for Hallowed Nights 2020 to have a “Permanent Full Moon” Event.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

snip

Please keep on topic and not go spouting off your world gen opinions on a thread about opinions on a niche character.

This:

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Nitre and Gems are the only two sources that can power Winona’s Generators.

Also Nitre (much like everything else in the game) is very much renewable 

Reveal hidden contents

You can get it in plentiful supply by taking a Pickaxe to a petrified forest.

Moleworm sometimes drops it when killed.

Caves and Cave Earthquakes drop it for free from the sky..

It’s not a rare resource.. but that could just depend on the world gen settings you have applied to your world- if for example you had Spider dens turned OFF then they too would be just as rare a resource (unless Webber joins the game)

Is fine as it is responding to the question that was previously brought up and is relevant to the character as it is a main component in one of his exclusive craftables. However, the rest of the post was not appropriate because it doesn't fit into anything related to the character. Please stop imbuing your responses with discussion about topics that aren't relevant. While your ideas are valid, they should also be on topic instead of just saying whatever comes to mind. I, and I assume other fourmers, are tired of you doing this mantra of praising the world gen settings in subjects that have zero relavelencey. Please keep on-topic and if you want to debate a topic, make your own thread, but stop hijacking threads where they don't belong.

15 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

Please keep on topic and not go spouting off your world gen opinions on a thread about opinions on a niche character.

This:

Is fine as it is responding to the question that was previously brought up and is relevant to the character as it is a main component in one of his exclusive craftables. However, the rest of the post was not appropriate because it doesn't fit into anything related to the character. Please stop imbuing your responses with discussion about topics that aren't relevant. While your ideas are valid, they should also be on topic instead of just saying whatever comes to mind. I, and I assume other fourmers, are tired of you doing this mantra of praising the world gen settings in subjects that have zero relavelencey. Please keep on-topic and if you want to debate a topic, make your own thread, but stop hijacking threads where they don't belong.

Wormwood has an entire mechanic with actual gameplay features revolving around a particular time of year, a time of year that if you have toggled off in World Gen Settings never happens.. 

Basically the TL:DR of everything I’m saying is Wormwoods Blooming needs to be like Webber and Wilson’s beards- and not tied down to a world gen setting you may or may not have toggled on or off & If Klei is going to give us the option to tinker with these settings they should make sure the game accommodates it’s self for the changes we tinker with.

Edit: Come to think of it they DID do this once, by making Pearl Nocturnal so she still spawns in world Gen settings that are set to Lights Out.

I wouldn't want any major changes to DST Wormwood, I like him the way he is! But it would be nice to have more formidable plant allies that only Wormwood can take advantage of, similar to the snapteeth in Hamlet. Not necessarily as hostile to other characters as those are, but only friendly to Wormwood. And as many people have mentioned, the compost wrap is almost useless in a RoG world, because it restores the same amount of health as a honey poultice but has a much longer animation to apply. This is competitive with other healing items in Hamlet because reeds, bees, and spider glands are hard to collect without using a Skyworthy, but those are all abundant in RoG.

Also it seems pretty reasonable to have some sort of fallback trigger for Wormwood's bloom if you disable spring in world generation, given the existence of the No Giants Here preset. (No Giants Here doesn't seem to be very popular, but it's an official option just like Lights Out.) Perhaps blooming could start on Day 36 if spring is disabled, or the beginning of the third season, or something like that; I'd say it probably still shouldn't happen in a winter-only world, but blooming in summer or autumn would be fine if spring doesn't exist.

On 9/16/2020 at 9:59 AM, Ohan said:

Right i forgot about that one but realistically how big of an issue was that even to begin with. He still takes more damage from fire and for a longer period of time in dst. 

Have you tried to play Wormwood in singleplayer RoG? Specifically, in winter? In Hamlet I only used campfires to cook food and it still caught me on fire every single time I got close enough to hold the morsel over it, so I quit using them and just started eating raw meat if I couldn't take it to my base. Being unable to warm up by a campfire or burning tree when you're away from your base in winter because you'll catch fire is a pretty major drawback!

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I simply don’t have hours upon hours of time to play

But you have time to make walltext of offtopic in every thread

9 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Have you tried to play Wormwood in singleplayer RoG? Specifically, in winter? In Hamlet I only used campfires to cook food and it still caught me on fire every single time I got close enough to hold the morsel over it, so I quit using them and just started eating raw meat if I couldn't just take it to my base. Being unable to warm up by a campfire or burning tree when you're away from your base in winter because you'll catch fire is a pretty major drawback!

I wish klei in a future rebalance the characters in single player (how the hell willow is played?). The drawbacks are so strong. I remember trying for the 1st time sw with wormwood and died in minutes because of trying to make charcoal and the thunders.

i love wormwood its my favourite character aswell but sometimes i feel like his craftables in his tab doesnt go well with dst as well as hamlet.

i would like if wormwood gained hp just like wx-78 loses hp when its raining (only during the day)

i think what wormwood needs is new craftables on his tab that are more fun and creative 

I think wormwood's healing should be tweaked, personally I would remove his ability to heal using non-fertilizers and buff fertilizers(rot, poop, bucket of poop, gloomer gop, rotten eggs, guano), maybe guano should heal more maybe he could use rotten eggs maybe gloomer gop should heal wormwood when eaten.

Obviously jelly beans,life giving amulet and bat bat should work the same, I just would nerf honey wraps, spider glands and healing salves.

Yes I have been gone insane I think dying and resurecting using life giving amulets is faster than using compost wraps.

The meta for healing is actually life giving amulets or tell tale hearts.

Wormwood sanity and hunger is super easy to manage at the cost of his health

On 9/16/2020 at 11:10 AM, Xanadu2003 said:

Dunno, I love the funky plant boy. I just think he could use a few small things to really make him pop

Something you said about him being "funky" and making him "pop" reminds me of how Klei should release a Wormwood Funko Pop figure to add to the current ones.

On 9/17/2020 at 2:59 AM, JeroLudo said:

A cool perk he could have is the ability to cure diseased bushes. The rest is fine.

He has a poison balm item to cure poison in his green thumb tab in solo Don't Starve / Hamlet, so maybe this could be a good idea to add something similar to DST as a character exclusive item.

Archived