Comprehensive Wurt Bugs list

I've decided to give Wurt another try and, as a good friend often told me, noticed that the character and her merms have quite a bunch of bugs and oversights. 

I make this topic not to be a direct report of those bugs, nor I want this thread to be a rebalance request or to question wurt's general design, instead I just request the help of the community with bugs you've noticed of Wurt to make the proper report.

I'll start with the ones I got so far:

• Wurt when examining dead players bones, can't tell the causes of death, and will only tell "something happened to them"
  • Merms can't return to their houses when unfriended too far away from it, causing their houses to be empty unless you find the merm and guide it, or kill it. This error also applies to pigmen and bunymen and its related to the buggy pathfinding mobs have. However it affects specially Wurt as you often want to carry merms over long distances with you.
  • Merms do not give any warning sign that they are hungry, like pigs and bunnymen do. If this was intended to be this way, it doesn't seem a very clever way to make handling merms harder than bunnymen, as it quickly becomes a nuisance. I believe its an oversight but I may be wrong.
  • Befriended merms will not defend eachother and outright ignore other merms getting hurt. Merms will defend eachother only if they are not friends of you and they witness any of your befriended merms getting hit, or if they are not friends of you at all. Again this is a rather strange behavior, which seems more like an oversight. But please let me know if you believe this is a useful feature.
  • Merms can get stuck running against eachother. This error also affects bunnymen and pigs, but since its common to make large amounts of merms fight for wurt, its easier to notice with her.
  • Merm king seems to be able to eat rotten eggs.

I know many QOL suggestions have been made aboit Wurt, but I would like that at least the stuff that doesn't seem to work as intended, does work, specially considering its a dlc character.

Please feel free to add or correct me on anything you've noticed. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Lbphero said:

dontstarve_steam_RJWwKHETWD.png.4d3f66569aab41a7c95648b46bd9f4d0.pngdontstarve_steam_MFPDoQ7YX6.png.180e4864498c30ea296ceb397360470d.pngdontstarve_steam_snIvGo02Vr.png.8768f5b7df9f08ea57c1f2adc80230b6.png

probably not a bug, but I find it worth mentioning that a good couple of wurt lines don't have periods, particularly in caves

it's lore stuff i'll explain this shortly, after she became merm, she has problems with brain, reading etc.

5 minutes ago, trinket_4 said:

not reeaaaally a bug, but it's really ugly to see almost all hats on wurt's head, because her head is too small for them, and they often seem to be flying above her head

I'd consider it a visual bug as well. They did adjust her head on some helmets shortly after release, but many still look very ugly, at least with the abyssal skin which is the one I play with the most.

This is not a game “bug” but it DOES

“Bug Me”

if that counts then- Before Wurts release anytime I killed a Merm they dropped frog legs and fish- Which lead me to believe that the Merms themselves were actually mutated swamp creatures that are Part Frog & Part Fish- MY WURT actually Is..

Part Angler Fish, Part Merm, All adorable :)

image.thumb.jpg.e667954ef682d891edbd9859b09066a7.jpg

When Wurt came out we find out that Merms Carry fish around as pets.

Thats well and good- but why can’t Wurt carry around or befriend “pet frogs?” 
If Merms are Vegetarian...

why do they all carry Frog Legs?!?

And if Frog are meant to be like a Pet, why can’t I have them not attack Wurt, and she can befriend them/ carry them as followers?

I think that personally it would be cool if I could drop a frog to follow me around like a pet Carrat and it can lick at stuff I attack.

But!!!!! That doesn’t answer my question of WHY DO MERMS DROP FROG LEGS WHEN KILLED?!?!

And- in PvP... why doesn’t Wurt drop Frog Leg & Pet Fish when she is killed?

This seriously Bugs Me!!!!

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Merms are basically a cross between fish and frog, which is why they drop both on death

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Other characters dont drop long pig when killed too

17 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Wurt when examining dead players bones, can't tell the causes of death, and will only tell "something happened to them"

I don't think this is a bug or even an oversight so much as a questionable writing choice, because Wormwood does the same thing. (Wes can't tell the cause of death either, but I don't know if that counts.) It's kind of annoying and I'd like it to be changed, but I don't think it's an error.

On 9/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

I've decided to give Wurt another try and, as a good friend often told me, noticed that the character and her merms have quite a bunch of bugs and oversights. 

I make this topic not to be a direct report of those bugs, nor I want this thread to be a rebalance request or to question wurt's general design, instead I just request the help of the community with bugs you've noticed of Wurt to make the proper report.

I'll start with the ones I got so far:

• Wurt when examining dead players bones, can't tell the causes of death, and will only tell "something happened to them"
  • Merms can't return to their houses when unfriended too far away from it, causing their houses to be empty unless you find the merm and guide it, or kill it. This error also applies to pigmen and bunymen and its related to the buggy pathfinding mobs have. However it affects specially Wurt as you often want to carry merms over long distances with you.
  • Merms do not give any warning sign that they are hungry, like pigs and bunnymen do. If this was intended to be this way, it doesn't seem a very clever way to make handling merms harder than bunnymen, as it quickly becomes a nuisance. I believe its an oversight but I may be wrong.
  • Befriended merms will not defend eachother and outright ignore other merms getting hurt. Merms will defend eachother only if they are not friends of you and they witness any of your befriended merms getting hit, or if they are not friends of you at all. Again this is a rather strange behavior, which seems more like an oversight. But please let me know if you believe this is a useful feature.
  • Merms can get stuck running against eachother. This error also affects bunnymen and pigs, but since its common to make large amounts of merms fight for wurt, its easier to notice with her.
  • Merm king seems to be able to eat rotten eggs.

I know many QOL suggestions have been made aboit Wurt, but I would like that at least the stuff that doesn't seem to work as intended, does work, specially considering its a dlc character.

Please feel free to add or correct me on anything you've noticed. Thanks.

I found another bug that I can't like this post more than once its painful to use a stopwatch to keep track of the loyalty timer....

11 hours ago, Brubs said:

Both merms and their king are vegetarian but do not benefit from the 33% extra hunger when eating veggies/fruits

Unless a update changed things merms do benefit from the bonus hunger but the king does not.

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is not a game “bug” but it DOES

“Bug Me”

if that counts then- Before Wurts release anytime I killed a Merm they dropped frog legs and fish- Which lead me to believe that the Merms themselves were actually mutated swamp creatures that are Part Frog & Part Fish- MY WURT actually Is..

Part Angler Fish, Part Merm, All adorable :)

image.thumb.jpg.e667954ef682d891edbd9859b09066a7.jpg

When Wurt came out we find out that Merms Carry fish around as pets.

Thats well and good- but why can’t Wurt carry around or befriend “pet frogs?” 

And if Frog are meant to be like a Pet, why can’t I have them not attack Wurt, and she can befriend them/ carry them as followers?

I think that personally it would be cool if I could drop a frog to follow me around like a pet Carrat and it can lick at stuff I attack.

But!!!!! That doesn’t answer my question of WHY DO MERMS DROP FROG LEGS WHEN KILLED?!?!

This seriously Bugs Me!!!!

To be fair wurt does drop a pet fish when killed you just gotta carry it.:)

I do find it weird that frogs attack wurt and other merms since wurt implies they're on good terms and I figured the frog legs came from the merms bodies...

Got another one:

• When accompanied by 2 or more merms and instruct them to chop trees, they will ALL continue chopping until interrupted by something or if they have to move too far away from you. However when instructed to MINE, if more than one merm is with you they will all start working for a few seconds, then all the merms except one will stop working, and only a single merm will continue mining, for no reason.

This behavior doesn't make much sense, either they should behave like they do to chop trees (they all continue chopping), or they behave like they mine (only one mines)

Just now, SrJavigo said:

wurt cant get gold from the pig king (at least not in the conventional way) so its hard to get gold in late game

imo this should stay since it's only a problem early on (when there are many alternatives out there for gold, like conserving the heck out of flint tools by only using them to command merms) and later on you can just use moonrock portal to trade if you really want to

Archived