Hardest Difficulty All Achievements in 187day

Impressively well-done! I had enough trouble getting every achievement in a single colony on regular difficulty, and that took over 300 cycles for me.

I guess the only thing left to do is wait until the DLC releases and do it again with the new achievements?

14 hours ago, Nitroturtle said:

I'm curious about your approach to the super sustainable achievement, because I'm working on it in my current game.  Did you just go for geothermal power or setup solar very early?

No, use the free heat to generate power with Steam turbines and setup power control station to increase the power output

20200829182250_1.jpg

20200829182313_1.jpg

20200829183259_1.jpg

20200829183405_1.jpg

I also want to get all achievement in one playthrough (and I hope to continue this save file up to the DLC) but at the same time a... how do I put this, architect I guess? I wanna build it beautiful not just "slap this building here and there if it works it works" almost similar gameplay to LifeGrow. But Im struggling right now with the Super Sustainable.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:04 PM, Lutzkhie said:

But Im struggling right now with the Super Sustainable.

Super Sustainable is a little tricky.  It isn't the power your produce that gets counted; its the power you USE.   So if you have a steam turbine running continually, but your base is only using an average of 150 watts, then you aren't counting roughly 600 watts of the power your turbines are producing.  If I have a good source of heat to power turbines, then I try to set up a power off-load circuit that will consume any extra power that gets produced.

Another way to attain Super Sustainable is if you have access to plenty of water, then use electrolyzers for your base's oxygen supply and burn the hydrogen for your base's power.  You can usually produce more power than your electrolyzers will burn, depending on how you set things up, but you will ultimately be limited by either the rate your oxygen is being used, or the amount of water you have available.  If you have a couple good sources of water (a geyser or two, some large slime biomes, a subsurface ocean, etc), then it can be beneficial to print more dupes to breathe more oxygen and thus increase the hydrogen you can produce.  Or if you're industrious, build a LOX condenser to give you a way to burn electricity AND store tons of oxygen.

...now to teach the dupes how to react sulfur with oxygen for Sulfur Dioxide.. then add it to water to create Sulfuric Acid...

Any tips on making Carnivore easier?  I've got 12 dupes, and I set up 4 hatch ranches, for which I am still breeding to fill up (the first 3 are full already).  I'm using automated incubators to speed up the hatching times, but I'm already around cycle 50 and haven't eaten any meat yet.  I'm guessing I'll have to keep incubating all the eggs and eat the hatchlings.  Should I rush towards the surface to find some shove voles too?  I'm playing on Rime and haven't found any other wildlife so far besides the hatches in the starting biome.

@Tuplex with 12 dupes you need ~34 cycles of meat-only diet on normal hunger or ~17 cycles on ravaging hunger, so you have some time. In my experience from Arboria, where  you have only one hatch to start with, best is is to ranch them like crazy and delay any killing until later (possibly also delaying hiring more dupes if you also go for locavore and have problems with wild plants) and only when you are close to this cycle deadline start meat-only diet for all dupes.

Archived