What Will Next Character Look Like?

3 minutes ago, UnknowX said:

also he doesn't fit the non human/from the constant/not necessarily cannon identity of the previous 3 DLC characters

That wasn't ever a rule that DLC characters had to follow.

Iirc, Walter was going to be paid but he became free to all players instead. 

7 hours ago, Slagger said:

So klei taking back the mechanics they wasted in DS. We get Wheeler's gun as slingshot, her dash as Weremoose dash, wagstaff tech style as winona engineer tab

...Is nobody going to acknowledge how much of a stretch this is? And like, even if some of the others can be stretched to be slightly remotely similar, how do Wagstaff's inventions have anything to do with Winona's???

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

...Is nobody going to acknowledge how much of a stretch this is? And like, even if some of the others can be stretched to be slightly remotely similar, how do Wagstaff's inventions have anything to do with Winona's???

Lol if characters couldn’t make the cut because they had similar gameplay to others.. 70+ of the characters in Smite wouldn’t even be in the game.

It is OKAY for a character to share similar perks and traits of another, as long as they don’t start feeling like direct carbon copy clones... that’s when it gets boring.

I strongly feel like there’s room for Wheeler in DST-

Even though Wortox has her dodge mechanic and Walters Slingshot makes her Pewmatic Horn feel like a novelty clown tricycle Horn.. the only half decent perk that leaves her with is Craftable Navigadgets for everyone.

Walter/Wortox’s existence should never mean Wheeler won’t ever join.

Same could be said for any of the others- They’ve each already got a fan following of players who actually want to play as them, and would more likely than not- Invest money into extra belongings & cosmetics for their favorite characters.

I may only be speaking for myself here: But I would buy a Walani Belongings Chest that gave her as many different surfboard skins as Abigail’s flower or Wilson’s beards.

1 hour ago, UnknowX said:

Yes, but not a paid DLC character, he was more of an update to the all accessible rooster of characters, also he doesn't fit the non human/from the constant/not necessarily cannon identity of the previous 3 DLC characters.

He was going to be and is still counted as DLC as far as I know, you can see his files are still encrypted, at that.

I think Wagstaff has to appear at some point, I'm not sure if it's going to be as a playable character, but he seems to be important for the lore.

When the new DLC characters were announced I assumed Wagstaff was going to be the last one, paired with a big lore bomb (like, Charlie getting removed from the throne, or something like that, and a big cliffhanger to tie to a DST2 game)

We are still due for the end of ROT so it's still possible. A playable Charlie would be neat as well, although it would require to give a strong lore reason of why the night still kills you (Maybe the "evil" side of charlie split from her nicer, playable side?)

Archived