Blue Moth's off-topic art thread with a less notable name than the first

Blue Moth

Welp, I've been holding this stuff back for a while now, so welcome to my other art thread! Here I will mostly post art of my own characters that I created for my own world, although that's probably not all I will post here.

With that being said, here is a drawing of Miralith, who is my favorite of my characters, but not the main one.

image.thumb.png.a5c1b52c64a0fe5f3415c3334bb42731.png

As for the drawing, the proportions are off. The torso is too short and the arms are too big.

As for the character, her name is Miralith Beveran, she is an elven barbarian who is a war veteran, and she has a past of misery and rage. (but that's a story for another day.)

She is very strong in battle, but she has a hard time controlling herself when she is enraged, and sometimes her anger gets in the way of plans. Her main goal in life is to redeem herself for her past mistakes, but she has a long way to go before she can control herself.

This is another OC, his name is Thalin. (Pronounced TAL-inn)

Thalin.thumb.png.015aaa79dab375364cb2ff5768b2d05f.png

He is an Elf Gunslinger, he makes and uses guns. He is also Miralith's brother, and he fought in the same war as her.

Thalin suffers from Depression, due to the guilt of what he has done in the war. So, he started drinking to escape his depression, and he became an alcoholic. He has a sense of humor and likes to joke around.

On 8/1/2020 at 7:09 PM, Blue Moth said:

here is my profile pic for this month. i couldn't think of anything so this is what i went withimage.png.415aa46e96fc17b2f39aa3b6bf6e4992.png

I like the energy in that piece.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:53 PM, Blue Moth said:

here is a fish thing i designedimage.thumb.png.d7242c31b21e1caf1daf91e27bd5ae9f.png

Don't Starve concept or for a fantasy series?

On 8/22/2020 at 6:11 PM, Blue Moth said:

drew this for my boi @Aquabardunknown.png

Pretty cute.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:21 PM, Blue Moth said:

boy, i am posting a lot of doodles and sketches today.image.png.f7e5a2608e326ac310cbbd1b6fd01be4.png

Context on this character?

On 8/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, Blue Moth said:

tried to do dramatic shadinghttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-deT2N7Ycmhs/X0aw3ZDbp9I/AAAAAAAADJ0/ubf5Ih4h2IEArVsx3J5pplJLLXkDPPISACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-08-26.jpg

I would say Doctor Manhatten but I don't want to be mean. It's pretty good!

On 9/2/2020 at 2:15 PM, Blue Moth said:

new pfp for this monthskool.thumb.png.8cabdf60e1d78b8212e643c7034b30ef.png

Sorry you feel like this.:wilson_dorky:

On 9/6/2020 at 6:36 PM, Blue Moth said:

i randomly felt like drawing my dwarf character in D&D dressed up all cute & fancyimage.thumb.png.81c45a5f445ae18bd44d84401499d19e.png

I remember the status you made for the head! Nice to see the finished version.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:59 PM, Blue Moth said:

This is another OC, his name is Thalin. (Pronounced TAL-inn)Thalin.thumb.png.015aaa79dab375364cb2ff5768b2d05f.png

Feels like a Dark Tower oc but it's your character. Are you planning on doing a story around him?

On 9/19/2020 at 4:14 PM, Blue Moth said:

image.png.a3fd469c936c80519ee71c23e8764ce0.png

Beautiful! Excellent quality with the project. It must have took some precision.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Don't Starve concept or for a fantasy series?

Random Concept I made for nothing in particular.

Context on this character?

My friend's Gith Necromancer.

Feels like a Dark Tower oc but it's your character. Are you planning on doing a story around him?

I do plan to have a story with this character and the character from my first post. My dream is to be an animated series creator.

On 10/2/2020 at 8:10 PM, Blue Moth said:

spooky season is herebluemoth_halloween.jpg.fe36eb121d1aa061139b005402a18965.jpg

I'm confused by the digital fill around the character. Could you have used charcoal or something to make it a tad more affective? I do like the traditional elements though.

8 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

mycena.thumb.png.a14dbeb0885fe51db3c56866db2d2bba.pngthank you @KlickWitch for helping me clean up the original sketch. (there were a lot of erased stuff cluttering up the original)

Sorry I didn't reply on your status. It looks really great with color. Nice work there. Love the gradient elements.

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm confused by the digital fill around the character. Could you have used charcoal or something to make it a tad more affective? I do like the traditional elements though.

I mostly did that because I have a limited supply of colored pencils and filling a background takes up a lot from the pencil.

18 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

mycena.thumb.png.a14dbeb0885fe51db3c56866db2d2bba.png

thank you @KlickWitch for helping me clean up the original sketch. (there were a lot of erased stuff cluttering up the original)

I just realized, I didn't tell you guys about this character! 

This is Mycena, she is a pixie who loves pranks and mischief, but she still has a big heart. Her favorite target for pranks is Thalin, who she does not get along with. She likes shiny things and is drawn to them like a "moth" to the flame. She is very dextrous and small, making her an excellent spy. She has developed a close friendship with Yuno, who I will introduce to you in a bit. 

This is Yuno Simi, yet another one of my characters.

Yuno.thumb.png.733311e3dcd01af9c02dc24575b698c5.png

Her name is actually a pun on the fact that she is invisible, although I didn't drawn her that way because I felt that an empty cloak running is much less visually appealing than an actual person.

She is a shy, quiet person who suffers from anxiety. She is part of a guild of people who are misfits and outcasts from society, whether that be from deformity, curses, being part of a very uncommon or frowned upon race. (such as mermaid or orc.) Yuno herself suffers from a curse that makes her invisible. She temporarily becomes visible when she makes contact with water, but when she dries off she becomes invisible. When she is with the guild, she really opens up and is much less shy and nervous around them.

Despite being shy, she is an incredibly kind-hearted person. She cares a lot for her friends and has kept the team together on multiple occasions.

Her closest friend is Sisalik, who is not part of the main team but I will introduce you to him later. (but next i need to introduce my main character, finally.)

Archived