Blue Moth's off-topic art thread with a less notable name than the first

Blue Moth

On 10/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, Blue Moth said:

This is Yuno Simi, yet another one of my characters.Yuno.thumb.png.733311e3dcd01af9c02dc24575b698c5.png

Nice work getting the lighting done as subtle as possible but it looks like she's trying to walk off to somewhere.

On 10/4/2020 at 6:38 PM, Blue Moth said:

if any of you have questions about my characters and world, don't hesitate to ask!

On 10/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, Blue Moth said:

Her closest friend is Sisalik, who is not part of the main team but I will introduce you to him later. (but next i need to introduce my main character, finally.)

I'm guessing you'll draw him later?

This is Astrin (formerly known as Astria), the main character of my story.

Astrin.thumb.png.d4b94382a4d0b084b5be24d1dadf3e65.png

Astrin grew up in a pretty wealthy family. He tries to look on the bright side of things in most situations, although he can be a bit cocky at times.

When Astria was a kid, she decided that instead of going out to interact with other kids, she would rather stay inside and read books. This has made him both smart but also socially awkward.

Astrin's otherworldly patron (the being who made a pact with him, giving him powers and stuff) came to him offering knowledge, which Astrin happily accepted.

This is Aralylia, my Anti-stereotypical Princess.

Aralylia.thumb.png.24baadaa9f3441c3ddb38ec4963afea7.png

This is a much simpler character than the others, but I don't consider that a bad thing. I originally created her with the purpose of completely contradicting princess stereotypes, but since I have fleshed her out a bit more.

She is a very cheerful, optimistic person. She does not like seeing anyone else feel down, and will try to help in any way she can.

She has a twin sibling who is a much less major character, and while they are identical, they don't really look alike. She also has a younger brother, who is an edgy teen.

Aralylia and her siblings are both trained to be able to defend themselves if they need to, since being of a Royal status puts a target on your back.

Aralylia really wants another woman to come sweep her off her feet, but what she would like even more is to sweep another girl off of HER feet.

Aralylia has very high expectations of her life, which has often lead to disappointment with how things really go.

I just found this old drawing of Thalin and I am going to redraw it, because it has many, many problems.

image.thumb.png.dce318931312c75c49c5fbaeb0e121d0.png

his feet are tiny and his legs are way too big for his torso!

why is he closing this eye? and what is wrong with his ear?

image.png.e08d21c33658b123df0716a34218274f.png

look at the gap between his legs!

image.png.f260edc37e0216e1009525750c8e2bbd.png

This is another character, but not much is known about her. She is a deadly assassin who is very notorious, although no one knows who she really is outside of work.

assassin.thumb.png.cc3d7b9fae598fcdd920bc6092a09d11.png

Spoiler

I also haven't come up with a title for her, if you could think of one that would be very helpful!

(i am really bad at names)

I plan to start focusing on backgrounds, because I have been out of practice. I also plan to start working on perspective a bit more like I did here.

time to dump a whole bunch of character sketches!

image.thumb.png.1b58a59c6046454b29571726533540f5.png

this is Sisalik, I mentioned him in Yuno's character bio earlier. He is a gentle giant type character. He is a human who was cursed to be a monstrous reptilian creature, but that did not take away his former memories and his human brain. He is very strong, but he mainly uses his strength to help or protect people. He loves gardening, and he even is the adoptive father of a little mutant flower child.

image.thumb.png.1807dcead02fa9235bfc57963deb2401.png

Here is another sketch of Aralylia, but you've already seen her, so moving on. (i am quite happy with this drawing though.)

image.thumb.png.1247b26868b650b5f8b9ddc00e1c66d2.png

This is Aralylia's twin. Their placeholder name is Griffin, but I may or may not keep the name. Griffin is a lot more laid-back than their sister, and they are quite popular at school.

image.thumb.png.2d12b93b0ad95b66783ba58864ee0c87.png

This is Claudia. She also goes to Aralylia's school, (which is a school for royalty) and she is not very popular. She comes from a tyrannical family, and they don't see any value in her existence. She is constantly overlooked in favor of her older brother, who is a prodigy and heir to the throne. At school Aralylia always tries to make friends with her, but Claudia constantly pushes her away.

image.thumb.png.8854c430d9fc326cbcd22780f6fcfd4c.png

This is Miralith and Thalin's mother. Just by looking at her, you can tell she's been through a lot. She's had to deal with raising two destructive children (one of which destroys things on purpose and the other destroys things on accident during his tinkering) all on her own, because her husband walked out on her when she was pregnant with Thalin.

Now to dump even more sketches, this time of a few of the deities of my world.

unknown.png?width=471&height=628

This is the god of Death. He has to interview each and every mortal who dies, so he can decide where they go. He is far too busy to do anything recreational, or even sleep. He has been running on Coffee alone for the past several thousand years. Gods don't require sleep to live, but they still get tired and lose energy and are less healthy if they do not sleep. A god usually sleeps for about 1 mortal year at a time, but they don't sleep very frequently, as far as mortal time goes. Since mortals are constantly dying, he has no real escape from his work unless he can find some way to get someone to cover for him, but nobody else really knows how to do his job besides him. The god of death isn't an evil god, he's just a highly overworked guy who hates his job and is very tired.

image.thumb.png.478edbf7a2917597c6d02bea1d9bbc1a.png

This is Liora, Goddess of Life and Nature. (She's the only one who I've come up with a name for.) She is a kind, sweet, nurturing goddess, but she has a slightly psychotic side. She often acts without any warning and blurts out what comes to her mind, and sometimes her actions can highly shock those around her. For example, the God of Death was once assigned to kill the forbidden offspring of an angel and a demon, and he didn't have the heart to do it to himself, so he brought the child to Liora to ask what he should do, which Liora responded by killing the child without any warning, and then proceeding to bring it back to life, so the Death God fulfilled his task but the child still lived. Liora is also responsible for famine and  Liora and the Death God are very close friends, although they aren't really able to spend time together. Liora takes the appearance of an elf because she is most relevant in Elven culture. The gods take the form of whatever the inhabitants of the culture they are most relevant in are.

image.thumb.png.38e1fe5cb0e0ead594200a83c672ad7a.png

This is the Goddess of Fear and Bad Luck. Instead of being a traditional, scary fear deity, she herself is in constant fear. She has terrible luck, and bad things happen to her, including but not limited to: public humiliation, getting hurt, losing things, breaking things, and many more. Because of this bad luck, she is constantly afraid of what will happen next. Sometimes mortals will attempt to make sacrifices and rituals in order to curse another individual with bad luck, but that often backfires and just ends up causing them to curse themself. As you can imagine, she doesn't have many followers. She lives a miserable life, with no way to escape the constant torment from fate. Her one upside is that she has really clean shrines. Whenever mortals try to vandalize her shrines and other sacred places, it just backfires and goes right back at the vandal. But clean shrines really doesn't make up for the constant trauma that she goes through.

image.thumb.png.923f622b8c44e42be1a5f301f211b5fc.png

This is the god of Justice, Peace and Order. He is one of the noblest of the gods, and he has influenced history quite a lot. He is much like Athena from Greek Myth, guiding heroes on their journeys and quests throughout history. His guidance also lead to the creation of the police force on the mortal world.

image.thumb.png.e4f555e4ea0bfca0d61be7180d225a88.png

This is the deity of Love, in one of their many forms. They are gender-fluid, and their physical form changes with their gender. Their physical form changes more than any other god, since Love is important to almost any culture, so they have many forms to choose from. This deity has many, many children, and many of their mortal children have become celebrities in the mortal realm. They are very respectful of boundaries, and would never make an advance on someone who doesn't consent. That's not what love is, after all.

image.thumb.png.3716bfe873795717ab098b2e99513af6.png

This is the goddess of Fire and Light. She has a pretty laid-back attitude, but she can be very sassy and will not hesitate to metaphorically roast you. She's not easily angered and is a pretty good listener. She cares a lot for her wife and her daughter, and she helps her wife with anger management.

image.thumb.png.104fdf29ea0de06b0f0b9529a6c930b9.png

Speaking of, this is the Goddess of Water, who is married to the Goddess of Fire. Their daughter is the Goddess of Rainbows, but she is a character to discuss another time. The Goddess of Water tries to stay calm and serene, but often the water boils over, and she gets very angry. She tries to hold in her rage, but you can always tell from the steam and high-pitched whistle coming from her ears. (kinda like a tea kettle.) Most of her followers don't know of her rage issues, but some who study the stories of her have been able to connect the dots. Her wife tries to help her to control her inner flame, which has helped her a lot in trying to stay calm.

Thalin.thumb.png.838998cecd8b47581a550818f649990a.png

Here's another drawing of Thalin. Let me tell you more about him, because last time I kept it pretty brief. Thalin is a sarcastic guy with a good sense of humor and a talent for crafting. Thalin makes and uses guns in combat. He enjoys tinkering with little gadgets and trinkets. He is also farsighted, which makes him an excellent shot with his rifle and great for spotting danger from afar, but he is vulnerable in close combat. He cares a lot about his friends and loved ones, and he puts their problems before his own, even though he suffers from depression and alcohol abuse. He stays with Miralith because she is very emotionally unstable, and she could need support at any time. Thalin holds a grudge on his father, who walked out on the family before he was born, which ruined the lives of Miralith and their mother.

Thalin is also the most social of my main characters. He spends a lot of time hanging out in taverns, where he meets a lot of people and makes a lot of friends. He knows people from all over the place, and he is the one who you can count on to know who can help with certain things.

Now for some backstory stuff, which will be in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Growing up, Thalin did pretty good in school. He was a smart kid, and he delighted teachers with little contraptions he had built. He's always had a natural charisma and he's always been good at talking to people. He did get into some trouble, because he may be intelligent, but he's also kind of an idiot. He caused trouble from doing dumb stuff, but he didn't cause nearly as much trouble as his sister.

One day, years later, Thalin was drafted in a war. He was a great soldier, making weapons for other soldiers and being an excellent shot on the battlefield, and he had a pretty high body count. One day, while looting the body of one of his victims, he found a photo of the soldier and his family. This made Thalin realize that all these people he was killing were just that: people. People with families, children, and loved ones. Every time he killed a soldier, he was destroying a family, just like how his own family was destroyed by the absence of his father. But Thalin had to keep destroying these families, because this was war. This made Thalin fall into a deep depression, caused by the guilt from killing all these families. He later took on alcohol, to try to escape the pain. However, this only made things worse for him in the long run.

Archived