Theory of second portal on the moon island

I have a small theory that in the world of Konstant, in addition to the atrium, there is another portal. I think that this time we have to build a portal, instead of going through the maze. If you remember, after winning the king of crabs, we can catch a very interesting thing that called "the Celestial Tribute". Perhaps he is the beginning of the puzzle. Confirmation of this is Warly's quote on Celestial Tribute, "Somethink tells me this is part of bigger recipe". In addition to the fact that this altar promises to tell secrets to each character, it promises Warly to take him to his maman. Warly quote on moon altar: "You know how to get me home to maman?". The appearance of the lunar portal in the game also explains that only 6 characters went to the altar instead of 14. In the trailer for "Don't Starve Together: Return of Them - Turn Of Tides" we can see that Wilson, Wigfrid and Winona are sent to the moon island, but in the trailer for "Don't Starve Together: Return of Them - Salty Dog" from the moon island only Wigfrid and Wilson return.1313634823_2020-07-18(6).thumb.png.65628c2187f1fd5a0db5ab4d84d04746.png 2139190180_2020-07-18(8).thumb.png.e5eeb79150bc003ef1e7ad9eb8820d79.png

We can also notice that the other two characters who did not come to the atrium, Wes and Warly, are sailing on a completely different ship. In the trailer, we can see that they met up with Wilson and Wigfrid and gave them some food, and then sailed away. Perhaps they met Winona and opened a portal on the moon island, or maybe they died from malbatross which means that there are 12 survivors, 6 of them got into the portal to the atrium, and the other 6 got into the portal on the moon island.

1116034379_2020-07-18(14).thumb.png.278fe4fd219ac2d24f2327a7ad84ad17.png

In addition, I want to say that in the trailer "Don't Starve Together: Return of Them - Turn Of Tides" there are WX-78 and Webber, where they are building a moon altar. Wx-78 and Webber weren't at the atrium either.

722550291_2020-07-18(11).thumb.png.a6a626722267b098e220c4399f194999.png

The lunar gateway must be the endgame 3rd event after forge and gorge. but how and where could the survivors end up after activating the mossy gateway in the gorge? they couldnt just come back at their main world without expanding the lore.

On 7/18/2020 at 12:10 PM, Deerclops Mika said:

I have a small theory that in the world of Konstant, in addition to the atrium, there is another portal. I think that this time we have to build a portal, instead of going through the maze. If you remember, after winning the king of crabs, we can catch a very interesting thing that called "the Celestial Tribute". Perhaps he is the beginning of the puzzle. Confirmation of this is Warly's quote on Celestial Tribute, "Somethink tells me this is part of bigger recipe". In addition to the fact that this altar promises to tell secrets to each character, it promises Warly to take him to his maman. Warly quote on moon altar: "You know how to get me home to maman?". The appearance of the lunar portal in the game also explains that only 6 characters went to the altar instead of 14. In the trailer for "Don't Starve Together: Return of Them - Turn Of Tides" we can see that Wilson, Wigfrid and Winona are sent to the moon island, but in the trailer for "Don't Starve Together: Return of Them - Salty Dog" from the moon island only Wigfrid and Wilson return.1313634823_2020-07-18(6).thumb.png.65628c2187f1fd5a0db5ab4d84d04746.png 2139190180_2020-07-18(8).thumb.png.e5eeb79150bc003ef1e7ad9eb8820d79.png

We can also notice that the other two characters who did not come to the atrium, Wes and Warly, are sailing on a completely different ship. In the trailer, we can see that they met up with Wilson and Wigfrid and gave them some food, and then sailed away. Perhaps they met Winona and opened a portal on the moon island, or maybe they died from malbatross which means that there are 12 survivors, 6 of them got into the portal to the atrium, and the other 6 got into the portal on the moon island.

1116034379_2020-07-18(14).thumb.png.278fe4fd219ac2d24f2327a7ad84ad17.png

In addition, I want to say that in the trailer "Don't Starve Together: Return of Them - Turn Of Tides" there are WX-78 and Webber, where they are building a moon altar. Wx-78 and Webber weren't at the atrium either.

722550291_2020-07-18(11).thumb.png.a6a626722267b098e220c4399f194999.png

Huh, I never realized these details.

Is only 6 characters going into the portal lore, or due to the fact that klei forge ervers are capped at 6? Are 6 characters only shown in a trailer because of said server cap and because the artists would rather not draw all characters for a tiny trailer meant to show off new content, or is it lore? Does that mean only 8 survivors are alive on default kle I servers?

I like lore discussion and all but I think overanalyzing and hyper attention to detail isn't necessary lore.

Don't get me wrong these events and happenings in DST are canon but until we get an adventure mode or some other story mode I don't really think the trailers are setting in stone events as they happened.

18 часов назад Blue Moth сказал:

Итак, отличная теория, но один вопрос: что происходит с Максвеллом? Он, несомненно, является частью истории, так как он помог построить первый портал, который позволил другим выжить.

Most likely Maxwell entered the lunar island portal, like Webber, WX-78, Winona, Woodie and Walter

I think so because he wasn't at the portal in the atrium

This is an interesting theory, and I won't be surprised if there is a portal, but I think they honestly just animate new trailers based on which characters are in the recorded gameplay they feature.

They do typically feature Wilson, because he is their most easily recognizable character, I've noticed.

On 30.07.2020 at 05:21, Blue Moth said:

Итак, отличная теория, но один вопрос: что происходит с Максвеллом? он явно является частью истории, поскольку именно он помог Уилсону построить первый портал, который позволил другим выжившим объединиться.

Most likely he got into the lunar portal. Moreover, in the beta test in the main menu and in the future trailer of update the main focus is on Maxwell

Half of our cast going trough the ancient gateway (forge/gorge) and around the same time the other half of the cast is working on the mysterious moon magic portal thingy. And then with the experience gathered from nightmare magic and moon magic they'll meet together again and find a way ToGetHer (Charlie) and get back home.

Archived