Is the Trade Inn worth it?

So, I recently put in 10 dollars to Don't Starve Together, and I only bought 1 thing, leaving me with 6 dollars. Now, my plan is to buy 20 or so of those winter hat or backpack re-skins and put them through the trade inn. 

How likely am I to get anything worthwhile and is it even worth using them or should I just unravel them.

I like the Trade Inn when I acrue a lot of common tier items over the course of a long time. I wouldn't advise spending money to roll in it though, mainly because it's very risky for the money you may end up spending in the process.

Nooooope, Trade Inn is terrible if you're paying for stuff just to upgrade 9 items in one of just one quality higher and I assure you would rarely have greatest quality out of it, just wait for your daily drops and then you trade the one you don't need, that's the best take with the Trade Inn.

9 minutes ago, gaymime said:

it is a better to avoid the trade in if you are thinking of spending irl x__x just buy what you'd like

Yeah, but I have all I want that I can buy. I have my eyes on a few belonging skins, but I can't buy them anywhere, which is why I was thinking about trying my luck with the Trade Inn.

With the spool system, the inn has become a bit redundant. the problem is that the inn is part of skins, which is most of the game's revenue. If they tamper with the inn or the spool system it may very well disrupt the profit of the game and change how curio collectors may conduct business to collect them all.

Until then, the inn is just playing the slots and really only good if you want to clear large amounts of your inventory.

29 minutes ago, SnowdropPax said:

Yeah, but I have all I want that I can buy. I have my eyes on a few belonging skins, but I can't buy them anywhere, which is why I was thinking about trying my luck with the Trade Inn.

that is fair. all the same i don't think you will be satisfied with how this is likely to turn out

4 minutes ago, gaymime said:

that is fair. all the same i don't think you will be satisfied with how this is likely to turn out

Everyone is of the same opinion that it's a gamble. I might try 1 roll and spend the rest of the money on skins to either unravel or to use on my least played characters.

44 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Trade Inn is basically gambling. Odds of getting a "jackpot" (high rarity items) are very-very low. You decide if fancying such stuff. My take: better buy off the Steam Market what rare items you desire.

The Steam market is great and all, but some items are so expensive you're better off taking the gamble. 8 dollars for the Alchemy Pod, 16 for the Cauldron Crockpot, 22 for Wilson's Triumphant skin. No thanks.

If your on consoles there’s no way to buy, sell or trade skins, so rarity values are really only there to determine the tier of loot you will get from the curio cabinet (throwing 9 commons inside will guarantee one 1 item of at least one tier higher)

I only use Trade Inn once I’ve collected enough common brown loafers and want to see what comes out the machine.

Unfortunately that ALSO means that skins that I want really really badly like Creepy Cauldron & Wendy Lureplant head can’t be bought or weaved at all.. so got to rely entirely upon slot machine luck and weekly drops to get those.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I wish we could get that Hallowed Nights birdcage without the trade inn.

Do you mean the Macabre Birdcage? It's a dollar on the Steam Market (If you are on PC and not console, that is) One of the better deals on the Steam Market.

14 minutes ago, SnowdropPax said:

The Steam market is great and all, but some items are so expensive you're better off taking the gamble. 8 dollars for the Alchemy Pod, 16 for the Cauldron Crockpot, 22 for Wilson's Triumphant skin. No thanks.

I'm of the same opinion about Steam Market, except not into the Trade Inn's gambling aspect either. I have all I truly desired except said Cauldron Crockpot among rare Belongings and am fine with that (frankly I don't like how it looks as it implies rather.. insanitary cooking conditions, heh).

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If your on consoles there’s no way to buy, sell or trade skins, so rarity values are really only there to determine the tier of loot you will get from the curio cabinet (throwing 9 commons inside will guarantee one 1 item of at least one tier higher)

I only use Trade Inn once I’ve collected enough common brown loafers and want to see what comes out the machine.

Unfortunately that ALSO means that skins that I want really really badly like Creepy Cauldron & Wendy Lureplant head can’t be bought or weaved at all.. so got to rely entirely upon slot machine luck and weekly drops to get those.

Yea i wish there was a market. I remember I had unlocked some characters that you can't weave in the beginning (survivor wigfrid, triumphant wes, and most sadly Halloween woodie who so happens to be my main now) and didnt realize how rare they were and just unraveled them for stuff I wanted atm. Ik ik it was dumb of me but I wish there was a way to get them easier. Maybe during halloween they will make those types of skins weavable 

10 minutes ago, Truffle said:

Yea i wish there was a market. I remember I had unlocked some characters that you can't weave in the beginning (survivor wigfrid, triumphant wes, and most sadly Halloween woodie who so happens to be my main now) and didnt realize how rare they were and just unraveled them for stuff I wanted atm. Ik ik it was dumb of me but I wish there was a way to get them easier. Maybe during halloween they will make those types of skins weavable 

During those times of year skins related to those events have higher chances of dropping for you. :) 

So for example- Klei added Apron skins for characters who did not have Apron skins.. but there’s no way to purchase or weave those hmm.. I’m not going to get anyone’s hopes up but this sounds Fishy.

But also- Just remember to play the game again When the Hallowed Nights starts for increased odds of reobtaining your lost Woodie skin.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

During those times of year skins related to those events have higher chances of dropping for you. :) 

So for example- Klei added Apron skins for characters who did not have Apron skins.. but there’s no way to purchase or weave those hmm.. I’m not going to get anyone’s hopes up but this sounds Fishy.

But also- Just remember to play the game again When the Hallowed Nights starts for increased odds of reobtaining your lost Woodie skin.

Thanks for reminding me I totally forgot about that. I had said in another post where they might not do gorge but I hadn't seen those skins so maybe something might come up. I loved the gorge.

No, trade inn is not worth it when there is no event around. Trade inn is only worth trying doing the events such as Hallowed Nights, Winter's Feast or Year of the ... when chances of getting something good are pretty high, I tried my chances on Hallowed Nights and got some cool stuff such as some Costume collection heads and belongings.

Archived