Woby is from the Constant I’m pretty sure..

Im also almost sure Woby is the Curio Cabinet guys lost Nox.

Why??? Because if Woby belonged to Woodie, there would be an in-game quote that reveals this very thing.. and more importantly- Walters personal quest to find the lost dogs missing owner would be complete.

So Obviously... Woby belongs to someone We (As Walter) have not yet met.. and the only characters we (As Walter) Have not met yet are Charlie, Wagstaff, Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wilba, Wheeler 

(all of the above could be added in as playable later so we WOULD have met them..) Which leaves only Curio Cabinet Collector (which we only met as our selves the human playing the video game.. Outside of the Constant, & NOT any of the games playable characters)

What is the Curio Collectors Nox? He describes it as “Like an Ox but Not.”

Woby resembles a Beefalo, and Beefalo is the closest thing in the world of DS that looks like an Ox.

Now my crazy theory thrown aside- Doesn’t change the fact that Woby is NOT a Normal dog... feed her 3 Monster Meat then come back and tell me she’s still normal.

7 minutes ago, Ardcrumb said:

I'm 90% sure woby is from the real world, and for the evidence that feeding her 3 monster meat makes her transform, maybe she's cursed like woodie? 

Maybe, but she’s still not Woodies dog or there would be an in game quote anytime Walter and Woodie were in the same game season.

Walter Is only trying to return a lost dog to its missing owner, that’s what Walters in game description describes his Relationship with Woby as.

So as soon as a Woodie was seen in the server Woby would rush to his side wagging her tail and Woodie would make a comment like “Ah Woby there you are girl!”

Then Walters task of returning a lost dog to its missing owner will be completed.

I may not know a lot about DST, or All of this franchises lore but if there’s one thing I do know... it’s Animals & that’s clearly not Woodies Dog.

Woby is definitely from the real world. She is a survivor like any other, her name starts with W, after all. Note that Wilbur is also a survivor and he is a (real world) monkey. Woby just happens to be a dog. She's trying to get home like everyone else, so her owner(s) might be in the real world still.

Wickerbottom's quote for big Woby seems to be Klei's explanation for why she grows big: "There must be a mutagen in monster meat that triggers her growth."

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Im also almost sure Woby is the Curio Cabinet guys lost Nox.

He only has two lines about the Nox and neither of them imply that it's lost? 

• "My wagon's pulled by a nox. 'Es a good 'un, but 'e can't hold a candle to my old mule, Shadow."
  • "What's a nox? Well, I don't know as I can rightly describe it. It's kinda like an ox, but not."

Unless you mean that Woby is a Nox, not necessarily the Curio Collector's?

10 hours ago, Ardcrumb said:

Screenshot_20200709_144032.jpg

Side note: I wonder if this is Webber's grandpa's cat, Whiskers? (from Webber's quotes)

• Kittykit- "You look like grandpa's cat!"
  • Catcoon- "A bit more feral than grandpa's cat."
  • Cat Tail- "I always liked pulling Whiskers' tail."

8 hours ago, Ardcrumb said:

I'm 90% sure woby is from the real world, and for the evidence that feeding her 3 monster meat makes her transform, maybe she's cursed like woodie? 

3 hours ago, ModsterMash said:

Woby is definitely from the real world. She is a survivor like any other, her name starts with W, after all. Note that Wilbur is also a survivor and he is a (real world) monkey. Woby just happens to be a dog. She's trying to get home like everyone else, so her owner(s) might be in the real world still.

Wickerbottom's quote for big Woby seems to be Klei's explanation for why she grows big: "There must be a mutagen in monster meat that triggers her growth."

He only has two lines about the Nox and neither of them imply that it's lost? 

• "My wagon's pulled by a nox. 'Es a good 'un, but 'e can't hold a candle to my old mule, Shadow."
  • "What's a nox? Well, I don't know as I can rightly describe it. It's kinda like an ox, but not."

Unless you mean that Woby is a Nox, not necessarily the Curio Collector's?

Side note: I wonder if this is Webber's grandpa's cat, Whiskers? (from Webber's quotes)

• Kittykit- "You look like grandpa's cat!"
  • Catcoon- "A bit more feral than grandpa's cat."
  • Cat Tail- "I always liked pulling Whiskers' tail."

Woby is not from real world, monster meat damages anyone from real world who eats it. Pigs transform and pigs are from Constant. Wilba and Wortox also start with W so that means nothing.

I'm in the camp that says Woby is from the real world. As shown in the short she has a dog collar implying she's a pet and has an owner. If she was just a creaturre from the constant she wouldn't have a collar.

19 hours ago, Trippleass said:

Woby is not from real world, monster meat damages anyone from real world who eats it. Pigs transform and pigs are from Constant. Wilba and Wortox also start with W so that means nothing.

You're right, the W-name is not the strongest. I think I latched onto that because, like, she doesn't have a name like Bernie or Lucy, so that makes her feel a bit more significant.

Regarding Monster Meat, since Webber's part spider, we can assume that Spiders do not get hurt from eating Monster Meat, but they don't transform either, and neither do Hounds. Pigs transform into Werepigs because of a curse so we can then assume that eating Monster Meat can induce curse transformation. This can also be said for Woodie's curse since the introduction of Kitschy Idols, which require Monster Meat to craft them. With Walter's short and quotes, we know that Woodie was cursed before entering the Constant. So you can see how the theory that Woby is a cursed dog from the real world can work with that as precedent. I don't think she is cursed, personally, but I can see how that theory could work.

Archived