[Game Update] - 419452

• Developer

Today's Testing Branch patch contains a fix for the gas swap-temperature bug. However, since we will be releasing this patch to the default branch on Tuesday the 7th, we won't be putting in any more low-level fixes this time around. Thanks for the reports, we'll keep looking into them!

• Add Temperature Overlay and Thermal Comfort Overlay support to Deuteranopia & Protanopia modes.
  • Resources panel should no longer flicker and possibly crash the game when resources change at low framerates.
  • Fix gas temperature swapping heat loss
  • Copy Settings correctly updates the flow rate for liquid and gas valves.
  • Fix sweep orders not getting cleared after the fetch is completed
  • Balloon Artists now have a status item during their Joy Reaction

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix gas temperature swapping heat loss

Yay!  This should mean that steam turbine designs can basically be "whatever you want" and not have to worry at all.  I'll play with it soon and report anything I see amiss.  @TripleM999, we need to have a burial ceremony for Borgie. Maybe he could be sent into the Don't Starve world and eaten by Charlie. :) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

Maybe he could be sent into the Don't Starve world and eaten by Charlie. :) 

Maybe he would freeze Charlie... i heard ghosts and mares could be frozen. :lol: I think, this patch, when it will go into the default branch, will change quite some with so much random heat creation and deletion removed.

Edited by TripleM999
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Fix gas temperature swapping heat loss

I've tested on turbine setups, and it seems to have fixed the heat deletion in turbines. :wickerbottomthanks:

There also appears to be a lot more randomness now to the wattage, which means higher mass steam keeps a more steady wattage, though a higher mass setup also seems to enable the gas flow temp amplification bug to get more energy (not a whole lot, about an extra 10W, or around 2%). 

image.png.0c406110e77abc1c94c1eed20ffcff8d.png

These designs work great with 10kg/tile steam, or 150kg/tile steam, or 1000kg/tile steam. Basically any design should work fine. The tempshift plates don't really do much. Blocking off the vent with a tile above, or to the left (so there is only one contact point for phase change) still helps prevent the "extra phase change" bug, so you get more power if you make sure the vent only has one tile hotter than it for phase changing. 

@TripleM999, I'm guessing you already tested this, but I will confirm.  Borgie has died. Tepidizers and Magma will now win.  

image.png.de86ae96130fe1d2dca8d7d623fa3dac.pngimage.png.0e3d8473c79c47fc125c4f59340d141c.png

:yaypigs:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mathmanican said:

I've tested on turbine setups, and it seems to have fixed the heat deletion in turbines.

There also appears to be a lot more randomness now to the wattage, which means higher mass steam keeps a more steady wattage, though a higher mass setup also seems to enable the gas flow temp amplification bug to get more energy (not a whole lot, about an extra 10W, or around 2%). 

@TripleM999These designs work great with 10kg/tile steam, or 150kg/tile steam, or 1000kg/tile steam. Basically any design should work fine. The tempshift plates don't really do much. Blocking off the vent with a tile above, or to the left (so there is only one contact point for phase change) still helps prevent the "extra phase change" bug, so you get more power if you make sure the vent only has one tile hotter than it for phase changing.

@mathmanican,can you please create a topic with DO and DON'T for turbine design in current state?

There are so many fixes and so much information, partially outdated, spreaded over dozens of comments in different places...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Prince Mandor said:

@mathmanican,can you please create a topic with DO and DON'T for turbine design in current state?

There are so many fixes and so much information, partially outdated, spreaded over dozens of comments in different places...

I second this! I guess after the update is live!

Edited by suxkar
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:16 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Today's Testing Branch patch contains a fix for the gas swap-temperature bug. However, since we will be releasing this patch to the default branch on Tuesday the 7th, we won't be putting in any more low-level fixes this time around. Thanks for the reports, we'll keep looking into them!

• Add Temperature Overlay and Thermal Comfort Overlay support to Deuteranopia & Protanopia modes.
  • Resources panel should no longer flicker and possibly crash the game when resources change at low framerates.
  • Fix gas temperature swapping heat loss
  • Copy Settings correctly updates the flow rate for liquid and gas valves.
  • Fix sweep orders not getting cleared after the fetch is completed
  • Balloon Artists now have a status item during their Joy Reaction

View full update

In STRINGS.DUPLICANTS.STATUSITEMS.BALLOONARTISTHANDINGOUT.TOOLTIP,

This Duplicant is handing out balloons to other duplicants.

Shall be Duplicants (uppercase D)

• Thanks 1

Have you had a look at the possibility of stacking several different kinds of engines in a rocket at once? (Done by making a rocket, undercutting it, and building a new engine below the existing one repeatedly)

23 hours ago, felonious_caper said:

Still no cloud saves

why not use any of the variety of free cloud storage (dropbox, onedrive etc) services instead? just hardlink/junction your ONI folder inside whatever folder is automatically saved. Its what I do and it works fine, you occasionally get an "unable to write the playerprefs" file error on loading a save but it seems to be harmless.

Even as someone who regular plays across multiple pcs, implementing cloud saves is extremely low priority for me when DIY via free cloud service works absolutely fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1