newhome:canon?

Honestly i just see the game as a way to introduce people from china to don't starve, but in terms of lore, i think its basically a alternate universe. so no, I dont think its gonna have anything with the lore of DS.

5 minutes ago, Eskiguy said:

Honestly i just see the game as a way to introduce people from china to don't starve

lol

anything DS is already extremely popular in asia. there's a reason there are countless workshop mods written in chinese. They don't need a new title to get acquainted with the game.

china simply has this odd habit of copying successful western IPs

Klei isn't writing the story for this game, they just licensed the setting and characters and stuff, so I don't consider it canon. There might be some fun concepts in it to borrow for fanworks, but I wouldn't take anything seen only in Newhome as authentic lore or try too hard to fit it into the DS/DST timeline.

17 minutes ago, Well-met said:

lol

anything DS is already extremely popular in asia. there's a reason there are countless workshop mods written in chinese. They don't need a new title to get acquainted with the game.

china simply has this odd habit of copying successful western IPs

I am aware of those mods, but one thing i am worried is how they will moderate the chat, being that china doesn't have freedom of speech, and the game is being run by a tech giant in china, I am worried about how kleis reputation will handle if something does end up going wrong with Moderation of some sorts.

Probably, if there are any references or things in common with the two. I personally think that they won't have anything in common, it just seems like the art style and game mechanics are things they will share.

I have no idea, and this was a pretty strange move by Klei imo.

I highly doubt they’ll make a game that has nothing to with Klei, canon to DS’s lore.

Im just gonna look at new home as something that REALLY wasn’t necessary and someone just created for “Funsies”

Why? Well because DS Reign of Giants and DS Shipwrecked are ALREADY on Mobile Smartphones... so it stands within great reasoning to think that DS Hamlet and DST could get mobile versions as well. 

With Newhome simply even existing- my dreams of DST Mobile just hit an all time low.

11 hours ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

Most likely won't even have much connection with the lore in place, but if it hits off we may see it become more prominent, I'd guess

I'll just assume it's like those many Disney ip phone games that use the characters but no special story. Kind of like Book of Life sugar smash where they have the characters but no plot.

10 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

It's all just Wilson's weird edgy anime dream.

590458b222f9e_wendydioh.png.9b173ec58bf85f8223964d369911fe57.png

Archived