Okay, so I’m usually not interested in Wicker’s quotes as they’re mostly just facts and knowledge and stuff, but this one kind of  interested me and I wanted to see your opinions on it. And it kind of does make sense, an example being Woodie eating monster meat and transforming.

305816A3-FDA5-44BB-9C8C-0F57EC397FAB.jpeg

Maybe that mutagen is just being passed down through the meat of the creatures that already exist... this may be the key to cracking some parts of the Constant's rules — magic is really scarce in the Constant.

The creatures in the Constant seem like amalgamations/deformities from existing creatures from our world. This clearly shows that their creation involves transforming them into another, different things through some kind of process... Magic exists in this world but it exists always closely connected with science... this mutagen may be the thing that's used to create creatures to populate the Constant, at least the more deformed and ferocious ones...

There’s a lot wrong with it.

Mutations weren’t understood until the 1930s, so it’s anachronistic.

Mutagens aren’t temporary, and uniform changes are very unlikely.

And it ignores how monsters themselves don’t appear mutated at all.

Hormones would have been something closer to plausible.

Wicker has knowledges beyond her years.. I almost see her as an elderly female version of Merlin rather than just being some crazy old librarian lady with a bunch of books. Everything about her screams “Witch” and that’s Hilariously why THIS is my Wicker Skin.. 

0DFD146E-E8D1-4BDD-8505-7D50038DB48E.thumb.jpeg.ac845713691f133200940a357737e4f3.jpeg

Everything about her, from her ability to conjure lightning strikes multiple times in rapid succession, to fully growing freshly planted seeds and farms with her books.. it all Screams Merlin..

Which is why when people cry Wicker OP please nerf.. I see her as a character who is SUPPOSED TO BE OP.. and I Was going to wait until after you guys destroyed her with your cries for nerfs but I don’t think I’m gonna do that anymore, I actually LIKE Wicker..  they could add needing extra ingredients like Witches potions or something like Merlins spell ingredients to change up and balance her out but she does not need or deserve quote “Nerfing into the ground!” 

hearing people say that only made my heart filled with enormous sadness.. because they were probably just jealous of how good a character pick Wicker is over their personal favorite.

Witches potions should require ingredients like Frog legs and Mushrooms.. maybe even possibly Skittersquid eye.

Because she’s more than just a book reading librarian with a sleeping problem, she’s the DST equivalent of Merlin.

The evidence of this is further backed by Woodies Backstory in the Compendium- WICKER studied his Werebeaver and taught him how to make the idols to create and control his other Wereforms.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wicker has knowledges beyond her years.. I almost see her as an elderly female version of Merlin rather than just being some crazy old librarian lady with a bunch of books. Everything about her screams “Witch” and that’s Hilariously why THIS is my Wicker Skin.. 

0DFD146E-E8D1-4BDD-8505-7D50038DB48E.thumb.jpeg.ac845713691f133200940a357737e4f3.jpeg

Everything about her, from her ability to conjure lightning strikes multiple times in rapid succession, to fully growing freshly planted seeds and farms with her books.. it all Screams Merlin..

Which is why when people cry Wicker OP please nerf.. I see her as a character who is SUPPOSED TO BE OP.. and I Was going to wait until after you guys destroyed her with your cries for nerfs but I don’t think I’m gonna do that anymore, I actually LIKE Wicker..  they could add needing extra ingredients like Witches potions or something like Merlins spell ingredients to change up and balance her out but she does not need or deserve quote “Nerfing into the ground!” 

hearing people say that only made my heart filled with enormous sadness.. because they were probably just jealous of how good a character pick Wicker is over their personal favorite.

Witches potions should require ingredients like Frog legs and Mushrooms.. maybe even possibly Skittersquid eye.

Because she’s more than just a book reading librarian with a sleeping problem, she’s the DST equivalent of Merlin.

The evidence of this is further backed by Woodies Backstory in the Compendium- WICKER studied his Werebeaver and taught him how to make the idols to create and control his other Wereforms.

Ma’am/sir this is a thread of monster meat mutagen not Wickerbottom being a witch.

1 minute ago, MagicalSkies said:

Ma’am/sir this is a thread of monster meat mutagen not Wickerbottom being a witch.

Simple misunderstanding, I thought the thread was about Wickerbottom and her knowledge from her quotes. I apologize.

Maybe consider changing the thread name to state that it’s about MM being a Mutagen? 

40 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Simple misunderstanding, I thought the thread was about Wickerbottom and her knowledge from her quotes. I apologize.

Maybe consider changing the thread name to state that it’s about MM being a Mutagen? 

Then you shouldn’t go by the title and read the post, it says that i found a quote from Wickerbottom that interested me.

I did realize I should’ve placed a more appropriate title though.

I like the fact that they are playing a bit more with the idea of substances that "mutate" creatures, and that this happens to all sorts of species, but most (up until now that is) seem to be "cursed", or have an innate perk/magic thing in them that is triggered by monster meat/fuel/etc.

The full mooon also seems to be a potent trigger of mutations, as seen by the werepigs/woodie and also the spiders and plants at the moon island. On halloween there was even a potion that forced this, but I'm not sure if that's cannon or not.

I'd love to see more lore on how or why the constant pigs are cursed, where does Woodie curse come from, why were Hamlet pigs not cursed (except for Wilba), etc.

I personally would agree more with monster meat being laced with volatile magic  considering that wereforms are also triggered by the Constant's Full "Moon" without any monster meat required.

Counter to this, Woby's case is special as she doesn't react in any manner to Lunar magic, lending the mutagenic explanation weight.

However, let's keep in mind that this posturing could very well be Wickerbottom's own invention; considering that the old lady makes up her own scientific names (and in some cases even gets the nomenclature backwards).

21 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I personally would agree more with monster meat being laced with volatile magic  considering that wereforms are also triggered by the Constant's Full "Moon" without any monster meat required.

However, this means that Woby's case is special as she doesn't react in any manner to Lunar magic, lending the mutagenic explanation weight.

However, let's keep in mind that this posturing could very well be Wickerbottom's own invention; considering that the old lady makes up her own scientific names (and in some cases even gets the nomenclature backwards).

Wicker also told Woodie how to unlock his additional Weretransformations and how to build Totems that allows him to specifically trigger each one of them.

Shes very wise ;) 

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wicker also told Woodie how to unlock his additional Weretransformations and how to build Totems that allows him to specifically trigger each one of them.

Shes very wise ;) 

she never did so. nothing anywhere ever mentions this.

Plus,when spotting a weremoose she says:

"Oh deer, it looks like you've expanded your repertoire."

Which means she's surprised to see that Woodie has a new transformation, which also means that Woodie expanded his transformations alone and without anybody's help.

8 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

she never did so. nothing anywhere ever mentions this.

Plus,when spotting a weremoose she says:

"Oh deer, it looks like you've expanded your repertoire."

Which means she's surprised to see that Woodie has a new transformation, which also means that Woodie expanded his transformations alone and without anybody's help.

Except.. that it does mention this when reading about Woodie in the Compendium. I suspect that some of Wickers Quotes are just outdated compared to the new lore introduced with Mays QoL Compendium lore update.

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Except.. that it does mention this when reading about Woodie in the Compendium. I suspect that some of Wickers Quotes are just outdated compared to the new lore introduced with Mays QoL Compendium lore update.

That i haven't spotted, thanks. I honestly have not played DST in a while. I've lost much interest since i've nobody to play with.

Archived