What aspect of the game do you want Klei to focus on more?

Do you want Klei to work more on Survival or Sandbox aspect of the game?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Klei to work more on Survival or Sandbox aspect of the game?

• Survival
    • Sandbox
    • I don't know

20 minutes ago, Psychomaniac said:

The whatever aspect of the game that include the arrival of Wilbur (to DST).

Funny. It is a pity that it, like many other characters will not be introduced to this game, because a single-player game must have a unique character. Well, it should bring income, it's logical.

4 hours ago, Russian_Philin said:
  Hide contents

Well, in general, it is difficult to argue with you, because many aspects in reality do not give special advantages. It's frustrating. But on the other hand, developers need to lay a lot of groundwork before adding anything for everyday survival. So maybe in the future, developers will rework or be able to implement something new in the game.
Now it looks relaxing. The ocean doesn't make you sweat. It doesn't challenge you, make you wonder or learn something new. This is very sad, but I think it will all change over time.

Hide contents

Well, we should respect the work of developers, because they are trying to please us and they are also under pressure for deadlines ,_,

JoeW has already confirmed that core game challenge wasn't even considered.

Just now, Ogrecakes said:

Roadmap 2020

Well you can interpret it like this: 'We're not changing base game at all durring RoT'

Or you can interpret it like this: 'We're not changing base game right now because we're reworking Wendy' (around the same time roadmap was released)

I say both versions are pretty probable

7 hours ago, Russian_Philin said:
  Hide contents

Well, in general, it is difficult to argue with you, because many aspects in reality do not give special advantages. It's frustrating. But on the other hand, developers need to lay a lot of groundwork before adding anything for everyday survival. So maybe in the future, developers will rework or be able to implement something new in the game.
Now it looks relaxing. The ocean doesn't make you sweat. It doesn't challenge you, make you wonder or learn something new. This is very sad, but I think it will all change over time.

Hide contents

Well, we should respect the work of developers, because they are trying to please us and they are also under pressure for deadlines ,_,

Ikr! The ocean would be better if DST used the SW system and contents.

3 hours ago, LucianBale said:

Ikr! The ocean would be better if DST used the SW system and contents.

TBH, I like the rafts a lot more than SW's boats, just because I can have a portable sea base. I just wish rafts had more non-boss locked options.

7 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

JoeW has already confirmed that core game challenge wasn't even considered.

Yeah and I posted in two different threads detailing why.. but nonetheless I’ll try to make it as short of a TL:DR here.

Changing the core game experience would take a game beginners are trying to learn and enjoy and make THAT content even harder for them, this is the same exact reason every single last Return of Them Update (so far) has felt completely optional.They COULD have added Lunar fissures to the main Islands all over everywhere and had Shattered Spiders crawl out of the ground from that, but instead they opted to put them on their own little biome somewhere tucked away in the ocean, content you have to actively WANT to find instead of just having it piled in on top of you.

Changing the way the core game works only makes the game that much harder for people picking it up for the first time ever, which is exactly why the beginner islands remain untouched (so far) and Islands further away are opted into the new more difficult Shattered Spiders that now have AoE attacks.

IF Klei ever made any huge changes to the core foundation of the beginner islands I would fully expect that to be either something simple like Elevated plots of Land or in a completely different game mode.. or through personal toggle options You can apply to yourself that does not effect any other player. 

Anything other than that and you only make the starting area of the game that much harder for new players to learn the game.

38 minutes ago, jpmrocks said:

TBH, I like the rafts a lot more than SW's boats, just because I can have a portable sea base. I just wish rafts had more non-boss locked options.

I'm not against rafts either, but I think that the ocean requires more different ships. For example, a ship for one player, and, in fact, we have a raft for many players. Well, in addition to sails, you can make other accelerating elements ant etc. 

16 hours ago, Russian_Philin said:

I'm not against rafts either, but I think that the ocean requires more different ships. For example, a ship for one player, and, in fact, we have a raft for many players. Well, in addition to sails, you can make other accelerating elements ant etc. 

I'd love to have different raft shapes, and maybe even Iron Wind. Maybe even living log ships or something.

Archived