Wilson and Maxwell should be the last 2 characters to be reworked

Hello, new thread.

I believe that Wilson and Maxwell should be the last 2 to get reworked with Wilson being the last. Why? 

Maxwell. So far every cinematic apart from Winona's didn't show us how character's got kidnapped into the Constant. If Klei continues with this trend then Maxwell's cinematic could fill in this missing lore. You see, we pretty much know all there is to know about Maxwell's backstory so I don't think that there's anything important that Klei could tell us about his past. His cinematic could begin with Maxwell sitting around the campfire with other survivors. He then starts having flashbacks to how each survivor got tricked by him. Blah, blah, he's grateful that they didn't leave him all alone blah, blah, character redemption. 

Wilson. Well he's the first character, the default one, the mascot. It'd just seem right that he finishes the character reworks. Wilson already has a cinematic that tells his past. So I think that Wilson's animation should show what exactly happens to someone when they're on the Nightmare Throne. If the game doesn't spoil it for us then his cinematic could be the first time we see Them in some way, shape or form.

Well that's at least what I think

Players without main: "The character who needs it the most should be reworked next."
Players with main: "My main character should/shouldn't be reworked next."
Solo-Players: "I don't really care who's getting the next rework."
Forumers: "It's all about lore, so Klei must rework that character next and these characters last!"
Klei: "I got a plan for that character, let's rework him next."

11 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Wait... what? Maxy's cinematic shows how he and Charlie got kidnapped! 

Hide contents

Whoa.. Thank you for this, I’ve never seen this animation until now, I mean I read the Wiki on HOW it happens, I’ve just never seen the actual short showing it actually  happen- THIS is the type of stuff I keep begging Klei to put in the actual Game... you don’t have to scout the internet to find this lore should be right there in the Cinematic's tab, you know the one with the only currently the games Credits with the description

“Pretty Movies!”

Most the friends I have that play this don’t have a clue what the story is actually about,  And it’s a shame.. Because this game franchise has a great story behind it!

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Because this game franchise has a great story behind it!

And probably the saddest one too. Isn't it? 

Spoiler

A man and his innocent female assistant get dragged into a heckish word, his assistant transforms into a homicidal demon losing most of her humanity, Maxy, he gets bound to a throne for 14 years, gets "tortured", pulls innocent people (including kids) into the constant then he gets replaced by Wilson, then becomes a "survivor" and has to go through heck again,then Charlie becomes the ruler of the constant(after she replaces Wilson) What's next? Will Charlie follow the same sad fate?

And all this? Because Maxy decided to use the Codex Umbra one too many times...

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Whoa.. Thank you for this, I’ve never seen this animation until now, I mean I read the Wiki on HOW it happens, I’ve just never seen the actual short showing it actually  happen- THIS is the type of stuff I keep begging Klei to put in the actual Game... you don’t have to scout the internet to find this lore should be right there in the Cinematic's tab, you know the one with the only currently the games Credits with the description

“Pretty Movies!”

Most the friends I have that play this don’t have a clue what the story is actually about,  And it’s a shame.. Because this game franchise has a great story behind it!

all the cinematics are uploaded in their youtube channel if you want to watch the old ones not included in the game

There's quite a chunk of time before we get even mid-way through character reworks, that is the entire cast of dst ( new characters not included ). I'm pretty sure that's how klei will play out their final act with the reworks anyway, but personally, id be asking myself the question "What will be next after the reworks?" rather than "Who's next?" if we're talking about far-far-future, but im not gonna drive too much off-topic. Anyway those are my 2 cents.

1 minute ago, Charlie Dark said:

And all this? Because Maxy decided to use the Codex Umbra one too many times...

forbbiden knowledge

i would like to watch some lore about codex umbra. Is it a necronomicon that can be used as portal (like in adventure time since maxwell and charlie reach the constant throgh it? is a possess book? did maxwell found it in wickerbottoms library?

5 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

but personally, id be asking myself the question "What will be next after the reworks?" rather than "Who's next?" if we're talking about far-far-future, but im not gonna drive too much off-topic. Anyway those are my 2 cents.

Well to be fair the character reworks are a known fact, something that we're sure will happen. Anything that happens after RoT (if anything happens after it at all) is purely speculation. 

Heck I'm sure that Klei themselves don't know everything that RoT will bring yet, nevermind whatever would happen after it.

I'm glad that you think that my idea is Klei's vision

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

forbbiden knowledge

i would like to watch some lore about codex umbra. Is it a necronomicon that can be used as portal (like in adventure time since maxwell and charlie reach the constant throgh it? is a possess book? did maxwell found it in wickerbottoms library?

Lets try to get this thread back on track, 

Spoiler

Maxy found the Codex Umbra ("Shadow book")  after a train crash, and we don't really know what it is... And I'm not sure if it originated from Thiccerbottom's library at first, we don't know that yet.

I think the characters should be reworked depending on their gameplay. (I think it's more important and healthier for the game.)

Now about lore's videos, its are very good but I don't think they should be limited to the past, I think it would be really cool to show the interaction between the characters in present, in Constant. for example, I would be very happy if there was a video  of Wickerbottom's interaction with Woodie regarding his powers. (Text lore in last update)

11 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Well to be fair the character reworks are a known fact, something that we're sure will happen. Anything that happens after RoT (if anything happens after it at all) is purely speculation. 

Heck I'm sure that Klei themselves don't know everything that RoT will bring yet, nevermind whatever would happen after it.

I'm glad that you think that my idea is Klei's vision

Do we have details on what exactly qualifies as a Rework? I've been questioning that for quite awhile now. 

For Example- Warly counted as a Rework and was given away as free to everyone. 
Wormwood counted as a New Character and was only free if you bought Hamlet. 

When/If other DLC Characters Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba & Wagstaff are added to the game.. will they be counted as A Rework, or will they be counted as New like Wormwood. That’s assuming they ever do come to DST of course... 

I guess the TL:DR- we KNOW that ALL the games characters are getting a rework- But how deep does that actually go? My original thought was strictly just the main game cast- but THEN Warly from Shipwrecked arrived and no one expected him & yet he counts as a Refresh?

Does this also mean that DLC Characters like Wortox & Wurt are also on the chopping block for a Refresh?

So many unanswered questions and I’m sure no one at Klei would be willing to enlighten us. Guess all we can do is wait & see.

From a lore-point, saving these two for last woould make sense, but that would mean Wilson is gonna remain a blank slate/boring character for a year and a half or so longer. I do understand that Wilson is meant for beginners to the game, but in Don't Starve Together, all characters are immediately unlocked and Wendy has become a more beginner friendly character than Wilson is. 

(Basically, Wilson has a beard that keeps him warmer in the winter, provided a new player even survives the first Autumn. Wendy has Abigail, a permanently loyal follower that on command can kill small creatures for food, keep you safe at night, and protect you from some undesirable encounters.)

Maxwell is in a fine enough position, but I'd love to see him get some more direct magic from the Codex Umbra sooner rather than later, otherwise he's just going to be compared to Woodie as a worse/better resource gatherer. (I've seen these arguments countless times in public servers)

26 minutes ago, zVince said:

Now about lore's videos, its are very good but I don't think they should be limited to the past

I couldn't find the original thread but I'm pretty sure the announcement said something like "each cinematic will reveal some backstory of each character". This was the reaseon why people reacted the way they reacted when Woddie's cinematic was just a silly cartoon

1 hour ago, Charlie Dark said:

Wait... what? Maxy's cinematic shows how he and Charlie got kidnapped! 

Meant character cinematics that are from 2019-2020

8 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Wait... hang on, I'm confused, what do you mean?

So far we have Wigfrid, Wickerbottom, warly, wes, wolfgang,wx, winona...

Yeah, no new animation of chibi Maxwell. Jack Carter doesn't count.

He wasn't even present in the New Reign Launch trailer despite being in the poster.

Just now, Viktor234 said:

Players without main: "The character who needs it the most should be reworked next."
Players with main: "My main character should/shouldn't be reworked next."
Solo-Players: "I don't really care who's getting the next rework."
Forumers: "It's all about lore, so Klei must rework that character next and these characters last!"
Klei: "I got a plan for that character, let's rework him next."

Me: WhY CaN't We UsE SkIn At OfFlInE?

Considering how close Maxwell is to the lore, I kinda figured he was gonna be the last one reworked purely because of his cinematic. Anything dealing with Maxwell so far has been a huge revelation. If we get something 100% unrelated to the story, it would be the biggest letdown in the entire existence of humanity.

Personally, I'm really hoping it shows a little bit about his time on the throne and/or how he tricked everyone else into the constant. Either that, or the start of another William Carter styled puzzle.

6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Personally, I'm really hoping it shows a little bit about his time on the throne and/or how he tricked everyone else into the constant.

Didn't think about that. Seeing Maxwell create things like Tallbirds and shape the Constant would be interesting

Archived