NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Crystalline Furnace)

twitchitem_dragonflyfurnace_crystal.png

Hey Everybody. 

Today we have added the Crystalline Furnace to the Crystalline collection available on Twitch.tv!

Crystalline Furnace Icon (30 Minutes)

profileflair_dragonflyfurnace_crystal.png

Crystalline Furnace Portrait (2 Hours)

playerportrait_bg_dragonflyfurnacecrystal.png

Crystalline Furnace (6 Hours)

dragonflyfurnace_crystal.png

If you haven't set up your account for twitch drops yet, check out the spoiler below:

Spoiler

All DST players can now associate their Twitch.tv account to their Klei Account to begin receiving cool exclusive items by watching Don't Starve Together on Twitch.tv

Simply head on over to https://accounts.klei.com and link your Twitch account. 

image.png

To participate, streamers must also link their account. 

Streams with Drops enabled will show the following message:

dropsenabled.png
Our intention with item drops on Twitch.tv is to reward active and engaged streamers by encouraging players to come check them out and rewarding those players for supporting those streamers.

Please note that AFK streams or streams that are otherwise deemed abusive or harmful to the community will be removed. If you are watching an AFK stream, be aware that the drops may get shutoff and your time may not count. 

In this campaign we are offering 3 items. You can only receive one of each and once you have them all, you cannot get more until the next round of items. 

17 hours ago, guillermogamer6 said:

I think they're going to klei rewards it though

I hope they don't. It takes away all the novelty, rarity and the streams we watched to earn it. If they're just gonna put it on klei rewards then what's the point of the twitch drops? Besides, we had 1 month to earn it. If I didn't finish my rewards then it's my fault

Sadly I realize that this will probably be a structure I will never be able to make, playing this game solo.. means a lot of bosses go either ignored or completely turned off.

The Small Quality of Life update Klei provided while great.. Still provided nothing in terms of making the game more accessible to the solo player, I wish that there were toggle options for things like boss health & damage- if I want them to be completely fightable solo without using specific strategies, structures, guides etc... they should by all means be completely fightable solo.

Especially the ones that had Solo Versions already. (Firefly gains a whooping extra 20,000 health points compared to her DS Solo Counter part.)

And since Mods do not exist on Xbox I could really use a way of adjusting health prior to hosting a world- the same way I can adjust the lengths of day and seasons.

Thank You :) 

42 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Sadly I realize that this will probably be a structure I will never be able to make, playing this game solo.. means a lot of bosses go either ignored or completely turned off.

The Small Quality of Life update Klei provided while great.. Still provided nothing in terms of making the game more accessible to the solo player, I wish that there were toggle options for things like boss health & damage- if I want them to be completely fightable solo without using specific strategies, structures, guides etc... they should by all means be completely fightable solo.

Especially the ones that had Solo Versions already. (Firefly gains a whooping extra 20,000 health points compared to her DS Solo Counter part.)

And since Mods do not exist on Xbox I could really use a way of adjusting health prior to hosting a world- the same way I can adjust the lengths of day and seasons.

Thank You :) 

I mean, it's in the name. Don't starve together. Sure, you may prefer to play solo, I do too. There's nothing wrong with that. But the game had to be tweaked torward the multiplayer sense and the towards the team player. I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand the tweaks are accommodated for multiplayer gameplay and not solo.

37 minutes ago, lemon demon said:

I mean, it's in the name. Don't starve together. Sure, you may prefer to play solo, I do too. There's nothing wrong with that. But the game had to be tweaked torward the multiplayer sense and the towards the team player. I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand the tweaks are accommodated for multiplayer gameplay and not solo.

I think your missing my point, I don’t know if you play on Xbox, or PS4 or PC but on Xbox we do not have Dedicated or Klei official servers- Our servers are strictly Player hosted, Prior to hosting a world you have these server configuration settings that you can apply to your worlds. Stuff like how long the time of day is, how long each weather season will last, how little or how much of particular resources spawn, you can also choose rather you want your worlds to generate in Together versions or Classic version (Classic means that DST exclusive features such as Firefly having her own Biome does not spawn.)

In this same server set up menu (where you can choose to have more Bearger spawn, less Beargers spawn, or No Bearger spawn at all) I would like to see something that lets me adjust boss difficulty- something along Very Low Health, Low Health, Moderate Health, High Health, Very High Health.

This solves TWO Problems with one simple feature- The Solo players no longer need to feel brutally punished for Choosing to play alone... And equally just as important enemy health isn’t so laughably low that all you need to do is give all players when playing Together a Football helmet, armor suit & Hambat then hold in Attack button till the enemy is dead in a few seconds.

I wouldn’t ask for something to be added to the game without providing some legit reasoning behind why I’d like to see it be added- I mean yeah I asked Rockstar very specifically for the 1989 Batman Returns Batmobile to be added into GTA Online... and shockingly not only did we get that, but we got 007, Back to the Future, the Mach 5 and Knight Ryder vehicles as Well (if you don’t know what any of those are your either too young to know or just don’t watch many movies or TV shows) They could have added more recent versions of the Batmobile like BvS, or 2008’s Tank Tumbler looking thing but No I got the exact one I asked for. And for that I got love Rockstar.

I can get crazy with suggestions here that I would like to see from Klei too- I would for example like to see a gigantic oversized Harley Quinn style Mallet as a Weapon skin... (doubt I’ll ever get it but who knows maybe Someone at Klei is equally a Harley fan..) 

But THIS very specific Boss health slider adjustment- This should be something that comes with Klei’s next QoL update. It’s not a far fetched request like wanting Harleys Mallet. ;) 

Very nice! That said, my mates and I don't ever use portraits and would love to have them printed on sails. Please Klei, make more sail skins (just copy paste the portraits already) so that me and my mates can keep buying stuff in your in-game shop :))

Congratulations for making the best ever coop game!

Hey, I really love this one, but somehow I didn’t get the furnace. Icon and portrait worked, but I’m almost at 8 hours watching and still no trace of the furnace..

Keep up the great work !! Love it !

i've seen the stream since Day 1 and got all 3 drops (twitch even shows them), but i can't get the items in game, i've opened 2 tickets already and i had 0 response.... is there a way i can get this fixed?

On 5/29/2020 at 4:48 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I think your missing my point, I don’t know if you play on Xbox, or PS4 or PC but on Xbox we do not have Dedicated or Klei official servers- Our servers are strictly Player hosted, Prior to hosting a world you have these server configuration settings that you can apply to your worlds. Stuff like how long the time of day is, how long each weather season will last, how little or how much of particular resources spawn, you can also choose rather you want your worlds to generate in Together versions or Classic version (Classic means that DST exclusive features such as Firefly having her own Biome does not spawn.)

In this same server set up menu (where you can choose to have more Bearger spawn, less Beargers spawn, or No Bearger spawn at all) I would like to see something that lets me adjust boss difficulty- something along Very Low Health, Low Health, Moderate Health, High Health, Very High Health.

This solves TWO Problems with one simple feature- The Solo players no longer need to feel brutally punished for Choosing to play alone... And equally just as important enemy health isn’t so laughably low that all you need to do is give all players when playing Together a Football helmet, armor suit & Hambat then hold in Attack button till the enemy is dead in a few seconds.

I wouldn’t ask for something to be added to the game without providing some legit reasoning behind why I’d like to see it be added- I mean yeah I asked Rockstar very specifically for the 1989 Batman Returns Batmobile to be added into GTA Online... and shockingly not only did we get that, but we got 007, Back to the Future, the Mach 5 and Knight Ryder vehicles as Well (if you don’t know what any of those are your either too young to know or just don’t watch many movies or TV shows) They could have added more recent versions of the Batmobile like BvS, or 2008’s Tank Tumbler looking thing but No I got the exact one I asked for. And for that I got love Rockstar.

I can get crazy with suggestions here that I would like to see from Klei too- I would for example like to see a gigantic oversized Harley Quinn style Mallet as a Weapon skin... (doubt I’ll ever get it but who knows maybe Someone at Klei is equally a Harley fan..) 

But THIS very specific Boss health slider adjustment- This should be something that comes with Klei’s next QoL update. It’s not a far fetched request like wanting Harleys Mallet. ;) 

Just because you're not getting what you wanted doesn't mean the game is in a bad place. 

I play on PS4 majority of the time solo and there's plenty of stuff to make these all bosses soloable. Especially the dragon fly. Wolfgang with darksword and use the long stone wall to block the larvae. 

Sounds like you need to get good 

Your bearger excuse is bad because you can easily lead it to treegaurds /spider dens or tentacle and have them take care of it for you. 

I've played on PC and PS4, only difference with pc is mod and adding MORE of an enemy. Since PC's can handle more strain with more. Imagine adding more of everything on console? Your system will probably never load the world.

You kinda just proved my point bro, you said to use an Op Character with an Op Item and build a Cheesy wall.

You can’t really justify how an enemy jumps from 2500hp to 25,000hp save for the game becoming Multiplayer.. There should be more options besides Be Wolfgang use Darksword.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You kinda just proved my point bro, you said to use an Op Character with an Op Item and build a Cheesy wall.

You can’t really justify how an enemy jumps from 2500hp to 25,000hp save for the game becoming Multiplayer.. There should be more options besides Be Wolfgang use Darksword.

W-what? The dragonfly isn't that hard! Even I beat it alone as a modded character with low max health using the double bone armor method, but the last time I had to kite it which again isn't that hard. (And again, even Wes could kite the dragonfly and use the bone armor method.)

Spoiler

Me beating the dragonfly alone because my friends are never there when I need them.

ca2.thumb.PNG.bd6eb703f26baa7a77249a99a2cf0101.PNG

11 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

W-what? The dragonfly isn't that hard! Even I beat it alone as a modded character with low max health using the double bone armor method, but the last time I had to kite it which again isn't that hard. (And again, even Wes could kite the dragonfly and use the bone armor method.)

Reveal hidden contents

Me beating the dragonfly alone because my friends are never there when I need them.

ca2.thumb.PNG.bd6eb703f26baa7a77249a99a2cf0101.PNG

you let a houndius solo the ancient fuelweaver twice and you put walls to counter larvaes.

how the hell is this "alone"

5 minutes ago, Well-met said:

all i see is exploits which automatically neuter any discussion based around legitimate gameplay.

Oh! You sound so mean. This game lets you decide how you will play that's why there are items like gunpowder too, and what do you mean by legitimate gameplay? You can kill a boss however you want, there is no "legitimate" method. Maybe you're just upset because you could never get your hands on items like the houndious shootious and bone armor?

3 minutes ago, Well-met said:

all i see is exploits which automatically neuter any discussion based around legitimate gameplay.

I wouldn’t call it an exploit, I mean I could probably also solo it alone using Wurt, and an Army of Merms wearing Armor... but none of that makes the game more accessible to the PLAYERS.

(Please do note that I said Players as in I’m not just counting Solo-Play)

This game runs into two problems that can Easily be solved if we just had what I’m asking for.

The problem? Bosses have enormous health pools and become hours of set up and preparation if your playing Alone. If playing in a group However... bosses become a laughable joke of give everyone some armor and weapons then hold Attack button till it’s dead.

The Solution? An option to scale boss health as well as the damage it will dish out based with a nice little adjustable slider that prior to hosting your world.. let’s you pick how easy or how tough your bosses are gonna be.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The Solution? An option to scale boss health as well as the damage it will dish out based with a nice little adjustable slider that prior to hosting your world.. let’s you pick how easy or how tough your bosses are gonna be.

Now you want a slider for damage output as well?

You realize you are gonna get absolutely roasted next time you bring up how DST is suppose to be an uncompromising survival game right?

And no, no one has forgotten DST can be played solo.

3 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Now you want a slider for damage output as well?

You realize you are gonna get absolutely roasted next time you bring up how DST is suppose to be an uncompromising survival game right?

And no, no one has forgotten DST can be played solo.

Let me put it this way.. if you play State of Decay 2 alone by yourself then enemies like the Feral and the Juggernaut will only deal damage to you with their attacks.

if you play with more then one player and have someone in the game with you who is meant to save your butt when things get bad, then those two zombie types the Feral and Juggernaut gain new and terrifying abilities, A Jug will snatch a player up with one hand and after a second or two of you dangling by your neck helplessly will grab your top half and your bottom half ripping you into two separate meals for an Instant Kill.

To put this into a DST perspective: When you have 1/2 Players fighting Malbatross only it’s health and damage output should come up as a factor.

When theres 3 or more people in this fight, it should swoop down, snatch one of them up and after a few seconds of not being free’d drop them into the ocean.

There’s also no way in hell that without an increase in Health and damage output when 4+’players are fighting a boss that this game remains to be uncompromising

so how about we just agree to a truce?

Archived