NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Crystalline Furnace)

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I wouldn’t call it an exploit, I mean I could probably also solo it alone using Wurt, and an Army of Merms wearing Armor... but none of that makes the game more accessible to the PLAYERS.

(Please do note that I said Players as in I’m not just counting Solo-Play)

This game runs into two problems that can Easily be solved if we just had what I’m asking for.

The problem? Bosses have enormous health pools and become hours of set up and preparation if your playing Alone. If playing in a group However... bosses become a laughable joke of give everyone some armor and weapons then hold Attack button till it’s dead.

The Solution? An option to scale boss health as well as the damage it will dish out based with a nice little adjustable slider that prior to hosting your world.. let’s you pick how easy or how tough your bosses are gonna be.

It sounds like you should go play regular don't starve and shipwrecked lol 

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When theres 3 or more people in this fight, it should swoop down, snatch one of them up and after a few seconds of not being free’d drop them into the ocean.

Right there, nope. I'd rather the devs focus on the roadmap. You are talking about a ton of extra work.

On top of that, what if those 3 people are you and your 2 "noob" friends that you like to name drop from time to time (part of me feels like they only exist for the sake of your ramblings)?

If you (a general you, not you specifically) and 5 "noobs" start a server and go after bosses, do you still bump the sliders to minimum? Wouldn't people new to the game be better serviced by becoming familiar with all the tools at their disposal?

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

There’s also no way in hell that without an increase in Health and damage output when 4+’players are fighting a boss that this game remains to be uncompromising

Same thing with 2 players, in some cases 1 player, with the proper equipment and experience.

Experience and knowledge are the ultimate powers in DST, and hp/dmg sliders rob new players of the opportunity to gain these things.

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Let me put it this way.. if you play State of Decay 2--------

I don't, and this isn't. It's not Borderlands either or any of those other games. To be honest it sounds like you enjoy the other 50 games you are continuously mentioning far more than DST. If that is the experience you are looking for, those games will probably serve your needs better.

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

so how about we just agree to a truce?

.........never

Aight then, optional boss fights you can completely ignore because they never chase you down and attempt to murder you relentlessly does NOT In My opinion make a game any more uncompromising, Uncompromising to me would be getting rid of the hand holding features- 

Food & Sleep Healing players. There are dedicated tabs for medical items we should need to use them.

Murdering Butterflies shouldn’t easily restore health and hunger.

A nice thermal stone shouldn’t be the only thing you need to solve both Summer & Winter Seasons.

I could go on and on with this but I think you get my point.. just because I don’t want to spend HOURS setting up for and fighting a boss does NOT mean I want the game to be any less uncompromising.

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Aight then, optional boss fights you can completely ignore because they never chase you down and attempt to murder you relentlessly does NOT In My opinion make a game any more uncompromising, 

i do remember how you used to speak a lot about how all bosses should hunt you down because the game is suppose to be uncompromising. I didn't agree, but it was easier to respect that position than it is to respect calls for dumbed down bosses. 

You also used to claim bosses were not interesting enough to justify fighting them, and that all it takes is a football helmet and a hambat and you can smoke 'em in a minute.

Food & Sleep Healing players. There are dedicated tabs for medical items we should need to use them.

I mean, I do. I used to rush bees just for poultices. Now a days I like to have a stack of poultices and 100-ish healing salves at all times by the 3rd Autumn.

Either way, lower boss HP wouldn't make people use medical items more.

Murdering Butterflies shouldn’t easily restore health and hunger.

They don't? I'm pretty sure butterflies are the most inefficient way to recover health and hunger.

I didn't even realize butterflies restore any hunger as the amount is so miniscule. I had to check the wiki on that one.

I've also figured out why you are having problems with bosses.

A nice thermal stone shouldn’t be the only thing you need to solve both Summer & Winter Seasons.

And its not when you are a new player. Even if everyone needed more to survive the seasons we would all adjust and be right back to square one.

I could go on and on with this but I think you get my point.. just because I don’t want to spend HOURS setting up for and fighting a boss does NOT mean I want the game to be any less uncompromising.

If you are spending hours setting up for a boss fight you are doing it wrong. 

I'll give you setting up Bunny Men to kill Bee Queen can take a while, but thats not the only way to fight her. Other than that you are being a bit dramatic.

To be honest i dont follow or have any interest in twitch. I dont like to watch someone who play video games i prefer to play the games by myself instead of watching streams. I mean there should be few other different ways to get points to obtain these drops. Im sure not everyone likes to watch streams on twitch. Im excited i want these drops but i dont want to watch twitch streams.(i know i can link my account to other platforms but you cant get all these drops by only doing that so thats why im telling you guys about how i feel.)

11 hours ago, Warly The Cook said:

(i know i can link my account to other platforms but you cant get all these drops by only doing that so thats why im telling you guys about how i feel.)

I understand, but you don't "really" have to watch the streams, you can literally open a stream that has the drops enabled and have it windowed meanwhile you can do whatever you please, atleast that's what i do. Some people find the streamer entertaining so they just stick around, i don't really see the issue with the twitch drop system. The "method" i presented in the first sentence works perfectly fine on Twitch, not sure about other platforms that klei allows, never been on 'em. As long as you have the stream opened your watch time should count.

Archived