BIOME IDEA: The Sunken City

Hello everyone, let me start off my saying how much I adore DST and I think the RoT updates were a wonderful addition. But I think there is still a lot of space left in the ocean that I would love to see filled with more islands to explore so today I suggest: "The Sunken City" biome. 

The idea is to have a biome that you row through, with the unearthed ruins being wide enough to create canals of sorts that your boat will fit through.
When the lunar island crashed into the constant it caused some earthquakes and plate shifting and thus these ruins were pushed to the surface. It could be themed about the ancient civilization and thus offer you another way of getting ruins loot, as alternative to the cave ruins. But it could also be lunar themed, pig themed, gorge themed or whatever else civilization Klei might have up their sleeves.

There could be some hidden cellars within the ruins that you can enter and find some treasure, similar to the ruins in Hamlet. I love these small cave and ruins and ant pocket dimensions we got there, I think it could be a great fit.

The fact that you explore it with your boat and make small stops would add great value to the boat system imo in particular with rowing being more useful here than a sail. Slow exploration advised.

What do you guys think? 

I made a video about this so you can get a better visual idea of what it could look like:

I really love this idea! You put a lot of very beautiful effort and attention into this, it really shows how very Dedicated you are into making this! It sounds really cool to kind of just explore the flooded remains of an unknown civilization of the people from before. It kind of also reminds me of the movie Ponyo a bit funny enough.

11 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

Fantastic idea! I really hope Klei listens and adds something like this to the game.

My computer sucks, and it's laggy when i have caves, so this would definitely be something I'd want.

Oh the performance is something I didn't even think of, good point.

Also nice to see you on here as well Blue Moth, hehe.

I like this idea as well, i love any suggestions regarding new biomes. I really like the idea of a ruins-esq biome up top. Me and the wife play on PS4 so we can run caves no problem, but seeing as how a full fledged ruins run/clear is still quite the event for us, i'd love to have such a challenging and engaging biome up top as well, complete with a whole different set of prep activities to differentiate it from below.

This could also seriously justify the calls for smaller/different boats, which I have honestly been against. 

I think that in 2020 Klei should step up the new content now more then ever!, With people still (mostly) quarantined we need stuff to do, and some game developers have begun to capitalize on our boredom by spending extra time making game content for us to enjoy, They shouldn’t over-work themselves though.. But I would love more new biomes, more places to sail to and new strange looking mobs to fight, and things to craft.

Heck man being 100% honest, Mays QoL update which didn’t add any new content (JoeW’s Words not Mine) To ME finally having an option for Random weather seasons And actual in game character bio’s and lore IS NEW CONTENT Mays QoL update was one of the best updates to the game yet!

While I would love to see a lot of new biomes, creatures, islands to go to and things to do... at the same time taking what’s already in the game and doing simple stuff like a lot more options on that promising looking Toggle Menu can make all the changes in the world! 

I really love this idea!

May I ask, how did you create the custom pieces of land on the surface for the purpose if this video? It sounds like a feature that would be a great tool for building some new, handmade areas and biomes in our worlds.

On 6/5/2020 at 7:18 AM, Theetis said:

I really love this idea!

May I ask, how did you create the custom pieces of land on the surface for the purpose if this video? It sounds like a feature that would be a great tool for building some new, handmade areas and biomes in our worlds.

With the Simple Map Editor mod. Which allows you to create new land or ocean tiles respectively via the number keys.

Archived