[Game Update] - 406324

• Developer

Fact:

• The Crabby Hermit doesn’t like you growing invasive plant species on her island.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed the Crab King epic music playing at the wrong time.
  • Fixed the Crabby Hermits bottle toss animation.
  • The Crabby Hermit and the Imposing Claws now handle being teleported by the Telelocator Staff
  • The Gnarwail can eat food dropped into the ocean again.
  • Fixed flotsam not sinking if the boat it is on is destroyed.
  • Adjusted the Wobster and Lunar Wobster weights.  

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Ahaha, is this just a fix for the exploit or does she comment on it?

What exploit?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The Crabby Hermit doesn’t like you growing invasive plant species on her island.

also the way this was worded is hilarious

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Bug fixes:

• The Crabby Hermit and the Imposing Claws now handle being teleported by the Telelocator Staff

Welp heres to hoping anyone whos not wolfgang has a giant hoard of spicy volt goat chaud-froid, dark swords and ice staves if they want to solo.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Fixed the Crab King epic music playing at the wrong time.

Does that mean that the music that plays when he's sleeping was unintended?

I really loved that even though it was a bug. Maybe you could play a softer version of the song when he's sleeping, you could say its his sound buffer.

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Since we can`t plant lureplant to her island, does it appears 100% during spring in her Island? I still have problems with getting her pearl... Well, I get it but cutting off lureplant is one of important things to do

Even if it doesn't, there are still more than enough tasks to get her friendship up to level 10.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Fact:

• The Crabby Hermit doesn’t like you growing invasive plant species on her island.

Bug fixes:

• Fixed the Crab King epic music playing at the wrong time.
  • Fixed the Crabby Hermits bottle toss animation.
  • The Gnarwail can eat food dropped into the ocean again.
  • Fixed flotsam not sinking if the boat it is on is destroyed.
  • Adjusted the Wobster and Lunar Wobster weights.  

View full update

Hey @Jason again posting this in here. I do not know if this is just happening to my old worlds, but even my Vanilla 6,0000 base that has been around since Warly Update, without mods is having trouble. She does give the pearl now but still her tab disappears if I preform the 9th task (The 3 houses upgrades + 6 taks)

Till the 9th she upgrades the tab nicely, after the 9th she says she will have more stuff and the tab no longer appears when near her.

Tab 1

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f57d018089c2dd166e4eb83f3ed18a49.png

Tab 2

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2b1418d62ef7e478a3ef46957ccffb17.png

Tab 3

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.38a64b7848d79ad6b3eb6e9b8f2263f8.png

Tab 4

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9a7cf1363796600f8edbb6b2c7bb7764.png

After this, when the next tab upgrade is supose to come the tab will never open again unless i use c_freecrafting()

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8a1d9812b3410c41b1c6a2dda9d167d5.png

Wonder if anyone else have this problem in their old worlds. I have it in both of mine.

Best Regards,

Glermz

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

Wonder if anyone else have this problem in their old worlds. I have it in both of mine.

The reason this occurs is because of the fact that Pearl’s level is sent in 3 bits for clients, which can go up to 8. However, the devs never programmed anything once you surpassed that, removing the shop entirely once it hits past 9.

Essentially it’s an issue that’s only seen on cave hosted worlds and ones you join and never for ones you self host yourself without caves, making the issue a bit less obvious.

(And yes, I’m having the same issue.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

Hey @Jason again posting this in here. I do not know if this is just happening to my old worlds, but even my Vanilla 6,0000 base that has been around since Warly Update, without mods is having trouble. She does give the pearl now but still her tab disappears if I preform the 9th task (The 3 houses upgrades + 6 taks)

Till the 9th she upgrades the tab nicely, after the 9th she says she will have more stuff and the tab no longer appears when near her.

Best Regards,

Glermz

It's a bug that'll happen to anyone who either joins someone else's world, or hosts with forest + caves. You can't access her shop anymore because the research level went too high. Doesn't matter if it's a new world or an old one, I've been having this on a brand new world.

A more technical explanation is that the game uses 3-bit integers to send clients their current research level. A 3-bit integer can only have the numbers 0-7. Anything outside of that range breaks it, and since the crab shop gets to level 9 when you do enough for her that's when it breaks.

I had reported this as a bug on Friday or Saturday, but it still hasn't gotten fixed yet. Being as impatient as I am, I made a really quick mod that works as a temporary fix as soon as I made the report: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2066443474
The mod decreases the research levels from 1,3,5,7,9 to 1,2,3,4,5. This has the side effect of showing some recipes earlier than intended, but you still can't craft them so it's just a visual bug.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thank you @Electroely and @Maxil20 for the explanations. Appreciated and good to know it's not just me.  Than i'm sure they are trying to find a way to fix this. 

Thank you for the mod but i already had in mind using c_freecrafting with the resources in my inventory since it consumes the cost if you have it, will use this as a temporary solution. 

Appreciated. 

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Since we can`t plant lureplant to her island, does it appears 100% during spring in her Island?

The game checks when the world turns to Spring and spawns a Lureplant on her island day 1, so yes, 100% guaranteed.

2 hours ago, Electroely said:

I had reported this as a bug on Friday or Saturday, but it still hasn't gotten fixed yet. 

It'a probably b/c you put it in the regular bug tracker :p

• Like 1