Please make a comic about the origin of Woodie's Idols

11 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

(snip)

And this somehow completely justifies Klei not giving him a proper cinematic/lore? Cuz he's a canadian inner joke? Then should we expect no lore for Wx-78 as well since they're just a generic robot that wants humans dead? Or Wes since he's just a generic mime? 

Yea Woodie is a haha funny Canadian, we got that, now let's get back to the serious lore, shall we?

The lore is LUCY!

Why is it a Red talking Axe? Why can’t Woodie get rid of it? Why after he gets beat within an inch of his life does reaching out & grabbing Lucy let him recover like nothing happened?

If it’s all in Woodies head, why can non-Woodie players NOT pick up Lucy Axe? And Why does Lucy talk directly to Non-Woodie characters?

His Axe talks & in his short allowed him to recover from what obviously looked like a bunch of broken bones, like he was mysteriously Empowered once Lucy was back in his hand.

If he loves his axe that much and listens to it telling him to do things, how is it unreasonable to assume that the axe talked Woodie into creating & also using the Itchy Curse Idols?

Is Lucy short for Lucifer, the Devil..?

Spoiler

Also on that note... 

Does anyone know what Wortox’s Quote for Examining Lucy is?? I can not seem to find it on the Wiki page. Since he’s a “devilish” Imp I’m sure Wortox should have a pretty interesting Quote for Lucy, Right??

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Does anyone know what Wortox’s Quote for Examining Lucy is?? I can not seem to find it on the Wiki page. Since he’s a “devilish” Imp I’m sure Wortox should have a pretty interesting Quote for Lucy, Right??

LUCY = "An axe is an axe, those are the facts.",
LAVAARENA_LUCY = "Axe to the max!"

Is Lucy short for Lucifer, the Devil..?

image.png.a7027f781a5ede36e627784155ee330b.png

image.thumb.png.9931a457aa9da80d0a0f23939e47cca9.png

Please stop making her sound evil when her name is actually positive.

The lore is LUCY!

The thread is about the idols. Please stop making the thread about you and make a thread about your own interest if you really want to talk about your own theories. My thread is asking Klei for some more development about Woodie instead of a dead end. Please stop making this about you.

Klei introduced the idols, they should at least explain their existence.image.png.b4533851e6f8d5e15d39358d83ded063.png

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

-snip-

Again, all of the things you've said are speculations and explained notes of his short. There is 0 evidence about what or who Lucy even is, it's just an inanimated tool that "somehow" can communicate. I've said earlier that her role plays a major part in Woodies lore, but you're over-exaggerating her purpose, turning her into somekind of master of his, and no, name "Lucy" isn't short for "Lucifer", those are two entirely diffrent names with diffrent meanings, ironically the name "Lucy" means light in Latin. You're just completely missing the point and idea of this thread, piling up your own "theories" and shoving it in everyones faces.

Okay then.. what would completely satisfy you as an actual explanation on the origin of the Idols?

are they something he was given at birth by his parents because he had some sort of real world curse outside of entering into constant? 

2 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

name "Lucy" isn't short for "Lucifer",

"The light bringer". Lucifer became supposedly evil when God and the "devil"  had a political debate of humanity's existence.

Lucy is not a theological existence but Woodie's helpful counterpart and a romantic one at that. It's pretty cute that they're one of the few official ships in the game.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay then.. what would completely satisfy you as an actual explanation on the origin of the Idols?

are they something he was given at birth by his parents because he had some sort of real world curse outside of entering into constant? 

The idols and the wanted poster might be before or after of the stated examples of what we have. So the wanted poster might be first and then the idols are introduced to Woodie. Yet we need to get more citations and examples before we get more of parts of a story.

The wendy lore drop introduced a supposedly new character who might be the anti-Maxwell but that's all we have so far. Again, I'd like more evidence. Even if it's just small crumbs.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly, anything that explains how they were created, by who and how did woodie obtain the knowledge of their power and how to craft them for his own purposes, they're supposed to be tied to his curse, these idols could aswell be the only "temporary" solution for him to not become a literal shapeshifter. Instead they putted Woodie on a unicycle with a rainbow wig and gave him bowling pins to juggle.

There’s one more thing I want to add about Lucy before I drop the subject on it, one of Woodies Quotes is a direct homage to the movie the Shining..

the actual movie quote is “All work and no play makes Jack a Dull boy.”

A pivotal point in the movies plot where the main character starts descending into complete madness by typing that exact quote into his type writer for hundreds of pages.

Is this nothing more than a joke Klei added in to throw a nod towards the film, or is this a Hint that Woodie is indeed actually crazy like in the film?

And if it’s the later.. then WHY Can Non-Woodie players also still hear Lucy talking directly to them???

-I personally can’t ask for Origins for these new mysterious curse idols when the Axe that is most obviously his REAL curse has no origin itself. So yeah any type of Lore at all would be very much appreciated at this point. :( 

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Then should we expect no lore for Wx-78 as well since they're just a generic robot that wants humans dead? Or Wes since he's just a generic mime? 

I do not understand these comparisons at all, or how you interpreted my reply to mean anything like this. I never said anything about "generic" characters not being able to get lore, or even silly characters being unable to get lore. What I'm trying to say is that Woodie specifically, from the very update he was implemented, is a character who was created 100% to be a joke, and that any attempt to give him lore would be very difficult due to any sort of serious or tragic lore likely ending up funny due to the extreme tonal dissonance between said lore and how his actual in-game abilities and personality have always been.

Dude.. there’s nothing comedic about a red talking axe that you drop on the ground and try to create a normal axe and attempt to use that but the normal axe is immediately replaced by the soul or entity rather.. that is Lucy.

That is honestly very Scary!

Please don’t ping me here if you don’t wish to discuss what I feel are serious lore points in who Woodie is. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Please don’t ping me here if you don’t wish to discuss what I feel are serious lore points in who Woodie is. Thanks.

Man look at you being cocky. As if you provided "serious lore points" to begin with. You sound rather upset that minespatch basically "booted" you out of this thread for literally bringing diffrent topic and object INTO ENTIRELY DIFFRENT TOPIC and being surprised about people not liking it and not agreeing with you. Not to be aggressive or anything but you should reread things you write before actually posting them and think about it once or twice.

9 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

What I'm trying to say is that Woodie specifically, from the very update he was implemented, is a character who was created 100% to be a joke, and that any attempt to give him lore would be very difficult

This still isn't a proper justification. Klei created Woodie as a Canadian joke, so what? They've given themelves a responsibility of giving each character a proper lore. This is simmilar to how they've decided to turn ocean into a playable area- now they have to fill it up with content. 

Do you see where I'm going with this?

Ocean was created as a background- now it's a playable area

Woodie was created as a Canadian joke- now he deserves proper (and preferably serious) lore.

I know I am fashionably late to this thread, but I'll just toss in my idea for the fun of it :D 

My first idea was that due to the effects of the moon, Woodie was either enlightened or driven mad with ideas to create the idols, given the beginning of the 'Tree's a Crowd' update - "With the effects of the moon stronger than ever, Woodie has finally embraced his wild side. Armed with two new were-forms and a (knick-)knack for controlling his strange curse, he's ready to face anything the Constant can throw at him."

My second idea, being highly unlikely has to do with gestalts and the information they seemed to possess. In-game characters can examine gestalts for quotes that reveal temptation from some characters towards the gestalts' information, the obvious ones being Wilson's, Warly's, Winona's, and to a lesser extent, Wurt's, Wormwood's, and Woodie's quotes. Quotes can be seen here, am too lazy to type https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Gestalt
The conclusion that I made from this idea is that Woodie listened to the gestalts and learned how to control his curse since it was currently unable to be removed. This idea was a bit of a stretch since gestalts were in the game a while before Woodie's rework.

Hopefully the devs might throw us a bone at some point, whether sooner or much later.

7 minutes ago, Pixil said:

The conclusion that I made from this idea is that Woodie listened to the gestalts and learned how to control his curse since it was currently unable to be removed. This idea was a bit of a stretch since gestalts were in the game a while before Woodie's rework.

A comic where Woodie learns the totems from the gestalts would explain why they came in so late.

Sorry I'm late, I wanted to type this a while ago but I've been busy I don't know if anyone mentioned this but I'd like to share it through my own words (this might be long so, grab a popcorn and enjoy! P.S, If you want to just skip to the comic idea I have it bolded underneath.)! I remembered that they said a bit about Woodie's transformations in the "Tree's a crowd" animated short, so I copy and pasted it here.

"With the effects of the moon stronger than ever, Woodie has finally embraced his wild side. Armed with two new were-forms and a (knick-)knack for controlling his strange curse, he's ready to face anything the Constant can throw at him."

What I think the description means:

So I guess because of the changes of the power of the Moon, rapidly growing it's strength over time, Caused Woodie's curse to strengthen, and to get worse at the same time, giving him two more unknown and uncontrollable forms and his curse now more easier then ever to be affected by the curse... This also could mean that Woodie's curse may have originated from the Constant.

Theory of why Woodie gets moon transformations: 

OK, so this might sound a bit weird and I really don't want to sound offensive saying this, since I don't know about Canadian culture, But I think the reason why is maybe due to Woodie's Canadian Origin, based on him being the outdoorsy type of character. I mean, he's a litteral Lumberjack so you would expect him to be outdoors probably all the time, and I believe the moon sort of sensed the connection between Woodie and his love for the great outdoors with his Canadian culture and seemed to connect Woody towards perhaps the beaver.

Comic/ Animated short Concept:

maybe as an idea for a comic or an animated short is that maybe, Woodie could have been feeling down about his curse, because of how uncontrollable and how dangerous they are risking the safety of his friends. Then let's say Wilson and Winona come together to help Woody have better control of his powers. Wilson tries experiments and test on Woody to see what makes his powers tick and what turns him into what creature, discovering monster meat transformation and eventually then eventually Wilson creating the Idols to control What Woodie wants to transform into, and Winona maybe making obstacles courses and such to help Woody learn more of controlling his abilities, and gaining more control of his were forms.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:57 AM, Sunset Skye said:

"Turned into a joke" implies he wasn't a joke previously, though. From day 1, Woodie's been the funny Canadian character who talks to his axe, turns into a giant beaver, and thinks birds are out to kill him. You could try to give Woodie lore, sure, but he was absolutely never meant for it and it would be incredibly difficult to do without it just ending up being funny.

I can perfectly see that reasoning honestly, Klei originally intended characters like Woodie and Wes to be the joke character, and that is probably how they see them through their eyes but people who have grown attached and gave love  to these characters really want them to be taken seriously then it kind of splits our perspective of the character apart. Klei sees Woodie as a goofy and looney Canadian stereotype that's doodling around the woods chopping down everything he sees, while in our case we see Woodie as a mysterious person with so many questions to his lore. That could also be the reason why so many people were so upset with the short, how not really much questions were answered on Woodie's lore, instead of the serious vision we'd thought we would get based on the previous shorts, we get a cartoon light-hearted  animation, and to be fair at first I too was upset at first, but then when I watched the live stream and how much fun the animators said they had on the project I kind of like it better now. But, I still feel maybe they could have went for both styles, like maybe a serious tone of Woodie's backstop, but also some light heartedness and goofy side. Maybe making Woodie's backstory seem be overdramatic like a superheroes origin story with the nararator from Wortox's trailer, but have a few goofy mistakes or scenes in between the story while still giving us backstory.Art_Stream_35_Woodie_and_Wes.thumb.png.506bafb33746bf175565e87e9b9163db.png

3 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

Woodie as a mysterious person with so many questions to his lore

Makes me wonder why he has a missing poster in the Winona short though...

7 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

So I guess because of the changes of the power of the Moon, rapidly growing it's strength over time,

Kind of coincidental his update coincides with the new Return of Them update.:wilson_sneaky:

Archived