Please make a comic about the origin of Woodie's Idols

You know, now that i look at them, they kinda remind me of very old children's dolls/toys, atleast without the purple grinded monster meat inside them. I honestly have no clue how he could have obtained the knowledge about them. It's suppose to be a "curse" but then someone must have thrown it at him, right?

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

No.. he ate it thinking it was candy and learned from experience.

But... WHERE DID IT COME FROM??? And is Woodie really that stupid???

What little we know from him is on that Wanted poster from that Winona short.

Well I mean, it’s a video game.. they never really provide detailed backstories on anything in video games unless it’s through books, movies or a Comic book line & sometimes they do things just to screw with their fans.

Not Klei specifically... but okay Gears 4 spoilers in the tag- You’ve been Warned if you still haven’t played Gears 4.

Spoiler

The Gears Of War Franchise has always had a female Character a blonde by the name of Anya Stroud, she was in Gears 1, 2, 3 and Judgement.. But when they made Gears 4 Anya Stroud wasn’t mentioned or hinted AT ALL, And it’s only by going out of your way to find an Easter Egg in one of the games levels can you find Anya Strouds grave. yup that’s right she DIED & what’s Worse.. They don’t bother explaining how she died or show some sad flashback sequence- It’s just “oh cool you found Anya’s Gravesite, yeah she’s dead now bro.”

They did this without a Comic Strip, without a movie, without a cutscene or even so much as a brief hint that it would be coming.

When Klei did Wendy’s Refresh we were expecting to get details on how Abigail died, but in the Short we were given.. it Appears that Abigail was 

Spoiler

Not alive at all during the entire short... and Wendy was just Imagining her Sister still playing with her, You see her world go from bright and colorful to dark and grey.. but after she and Jack walk into the house Abby’s Ghost can Briefly be seen.

There was no huge reveal on how she died, we just got a fun little short showing Wendy and Abby happily playing together.

I don’t expect a ton of lore revealed from any of these characters shorts- and does the Origins of Woodies Idols really matter? Yes Woodie got cheated on any sort of lore in his short- but even more so than Itchy Idols.... I would’ve loved to have lore on his relationship with Lucy the red talking axe.

Okay but dude.. he has a red talking axe that tells him to do things.

We don’t need to know what they are or where they come from because if I was writing lore for this game the Origins Of his Idols would be as simple as being something that Lucy was whispering to him to create & try.

To clarify- In Woodies short you can see him get his butt handed to him by a Treeguard even with his curse transformations.. and you can see him barely reach out to grab Lucy his beloved axe.. once Lucy is back in his hands again he recovers, and what he FAILED to take down with his Transformations was quickly dealt with with his trusty and most loved Axe Lucy.

Lucy has control over Woodie- Lucy could be short for Lucifer, the Axe is blood red and talks to him after all..

Pre-Rework Woodie Chopping Too much Wood with Lucy transformed him into a Beaver WITH LUCY.. that’s the catch- he can’t get rid of Lucy, Anytime he crafts a new Axe Lucy Replaces it.

So Lucy is Woodies biggest lore point, not the origins of Transformation idols that the axe probably whispered to him to create. 

24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

We don’t need to know what they are

Speak for yourself lol, literally half of the community bawls because he was turned into a joke, you're just turning him into somekind of drug addict. He doesnt do anything explenatory with Lucy, ingame it's just a talking tool, there's no story who she is or who she was. His lore is basically a book with four or five pictures and rest being blank pages.

5 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Speak for yourself lol, literally half of the community bawls because he was turned into a joke, you're just turning him into somekind of drug addict. He doesnt do anything explenatory with Lucy, ingame it's just a talking tool, there's no story who she is or who she was. His lore is basically a book with four or five pictures and rest being blank pages.

Lucy follows Woodie around and he can’t get rid of her ever...

try it- Drop her on the ground leave the area and craft a new Axe. What happens? Lucy’s curse Transfers from Dropped Lucy to your newly crafted Axe.

Chopping too much wood with Lucy also was what triggered his Werebeaver transformation prior to his Rework.

So please explain to me how having his Axe whisper how to create these Itchy Idols doesn’t make sense? How is that NOT an Acceptable origin for them?

Just now, minespatch said:

He loves Lucy. You're thinking in the mindset of the player.

That makes no sense.. if Lucy is only something in Woodies mind, then why can no other players pick it up?? Why does the Axe TALK to other players who try to pick it up? 

Theres obviously more lore to Lucy then there is anything else.

Idk honestly me, minespatch and other people just want explenation on those god forsaken totems and some back drop of lore. Of course Lucy plays big role in his lore and life, probably a woman he loved that passed away, now somehow stuck inside an axe or Woodie is just nuts and escaped the asylum that he was locked in or something idk.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Yeah, what was up with that wanted poster?:wilson_shocked:

Imo just that one thing could open many doors. Maybe he killed Lucy using an axe that came to haunt him? Discovered something that Voxola itself has hidden but Woodie? Sky is the limit here, but the clouds can be promised by nonother than devs.

I’ll repeat my last two questions- If Woodie is nuts and Lucy is only in his head, why the heck can other Non-Woodie Characters NOT pick up the Axe?? And more importantly why does the axe talk to characters who aren’t Woodie? 

If it was all only in Woodies head, shouldn’t the other characters have their own quotes for the Axe like “No way am I touching that thing!” 

“It’s got Woodie’s Fingerprints all over it If there were a crime committed with that..”

But no, Instead Klei made sure that the Axe talks directly TO None Woodie players.. meaning it’s not just something in Woodies head.

And you guys seem disappointed with Woodies short when there actually WAS a lore takeaway from it-

Woodie tries to battle a Treeguard using his new found Itchy Idol powers.. but he still gets pummeled within a inch of his life, laying broken.. defeated and in a crumbled heap he desperately reaches out for Lucy Axe, Once Lucy is back in his hands again Woodie instantly recovers and effortlessly slays the Tree Beast.

Which would Imply that Without Lucy Woodie feels weak and defeated, but when Lucy is in his hand he feels powerful enough to recover from a beating that left him in crumpled up heap.

Lucy is short for Lucifer- Ya know.. like the legend of Mary Welden.. Lumberjack Woodie took an Axe gave a Treeguard 4 short Whacks.

His Axe talks to him.. and used to be what triggered his Curse- Seems pretty self explanatory to me that the Axe talked him into making & using the Idols.

Which would also explain why in the animated short these 3 powerful forms STILL Failed him, the Axe KNEW they would fail him and leave him feeling defeated which is why he felt Empowered again once he reaches Lucy Axe..

The fact that he can’t ever get rid of the axe anytime he tries to drop it and create a normal axe the Lucy Axe replaces the one he just crafted- clearly shows that he’s cursed with having it follow him everywhere.

So if any new Woodie lore is to be presented, I’d like it to center on Woodie & Lucy’s Relationship.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Woodie tries to battle a Treeguard using his new found Itchy Idol powers..

While not showing the idols.

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Lucy is short for Lucifer- Ya know.. like the legend of Mary Welden.. Lumberjack Woodie took an Axe gave a Treeguard 4 short Whacks.

5daff69fa157d_Wilsonasksforacitation.thumb.png.4c927f6b5c0e686f3a6fdc453e91721c.png

Since your topic is asking for comic strips I would prefer something else.. actual IN-GAME Lore... it could be stuff like comic strips, Maxwell/Wagstaff Dairies, Photos.. etc.. 

just you know- stuff you’ll randomly wander into and can pick up to unlock some cool juicy lore you can view in the games various menu tabs.

Also Mary Welden isn’t the right legend, the real one is Lizzie Borden. My bad, while it is a real legend... there is a movie about it as well. (warning don’t google that unless your into Horror Movies.)

9 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

literally half of the community bawls because he was turned into a joke

"Turned into a joke" implies he wasn't a joke previously, though. From day 1, Woodie's been the funny Canadian character who talks to his axe, turns into a giant beaver, and thinks birds are out to kill him. You could try to give Woodie lore, sure, but he was absolutely never meant for it and it would be incredibly difficult to do without it just ending up being funny.

I think that woodie was cursed with this since he was young and much like Wilson isolated himself from his family and friends thinking that he might be a danger to them and a danger to himself, one day when he was chopping away he heard a voice echoing through the leafs telling him that there’s a way to cure the curse, of course he accepted the the deal and what happened afterwards is beyond my knowledge 

Are we just going to ignore the fact that the dude has a blood red axe that talks to him, won’t let non-Woodie players pick it up and it talks to non-Woodie players.. and can’t ever be gotten rid of?? I mean all you need to do is look up all the quotes related to Lucy to find all the Woodie Lore you should ever need.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Lucy_the_Axe

For people too lazy to click the link and read LUCY TALKS TO EVERYONE!!! So it’s not just something made up in Woodies own head, if it was... Klei would had changed the quotes other characters had for Lucy to something like..

”It’s Red, and I’m not questioning if that’s paint I’m not putting my finger prints on that thing!”

Archived