Wendy's Rework, Math and Analisis

First, quality of life wise, is everything I ever wanted and more

You can get abigail to follow you close and ignore mobs, or get her to be more aggressive and start the first attack(maybe too agressive, while she does not kill specific followers like chester and larvae, she goes for domesticated beefalos and glommer).

You can also stow her in case she's being too dumb or she's a fight she cannot win, or just use her as a dictration and run away, and put her back in the pokeball when you're safe.

The only negative side I though at first, is that she occupies an inventory slot, but that is not the case, as you can just drop the flower and abigail will still follow you like before, you just give away all the quality of live for the sake of an inventory slot, heck, you can even torch the thing and abigail will still follow you regardless.

Also, special mention to all the new abigail and wendy animations, they are a delight for the eyes.

---

Now, how does Abigail damage work?

Abigail has two flat numbers of base damage

-20 for fighting 1 enemy

-12 for fighting multiple enemies

Which means unless you're fighting a single mob, abigail is doing sightly more damage than what she did before the rework during daytime

She also has an extra damage buff that is calculated based on wendy's remaining health, it uses the following formula:

40*(1-Wendy's health percentage)2

So with

100% health (150HP) = 40*(0)= 0 extra damage

50% health (75HP) = 40*(0.5)2 = 40*0.25= 10 extra damage

25% health (37HP) = 40*(0.5625) = 22.5 extra damage

1% health (1.5HP) = 40*(0.9801) = 39 extra damage

0% health = 40*1 = 40 extra damage

And it gets an aditional 1.2 multiplier if you use the Clothering Tonic elixir.

The health percentage also takes into account health penalties by being revived with Telltale Hearth, so if you die twice and have 75HP max health, that's your 100%

---

In my opinion, this feels like a nerf. While you can achieve higher damage than before, having to be at low health constantly, specially in a game like Don't Starve that requires very precise timing to kite, and where a random lag spike can cost you your live, I don't think is worth it to be at low health at the time, you will always be more reliable than the extra damage abigail can output, And is also out of the questions in fights like Klaus where taking chips of overheating and freezing damage through the fight is the norm.

---
On Elixirs
Renevant Restorative = last for two days, adds an extra 1 health per second regen
Spectral Cure-All= last for 15 seconds, adds an extra 20 health per second regen
Unyielding Draught = last for 1 minute, has 100% absorption, and despite being unable to find shield duration/cooldowns anywhere in the code, I can't see it working ingame details below
Distliged vengance = last for 1 minute, has all normal shield buffs plus retaliation of 20 damage
Clothering Tonic= last for 1 minute, adds a damage multipliyer of 1.2
Vigor Mortis = last for 3 days, adds speed multipliyer of 1.75, can be haunted by player ghosts for a 3 second buff duration.

1 hour ago, CremeLover said:

The shield nullifies all incoming damage. Abigail has a natural shield, but you can reinforce said shield by giving her the defense elixir. The shield activates on being hit and ONLY upon being hit.

The shield duration is actually tied to the shield animations.

Default last 0.42 seconds

shiled_abigail_shield_shield.thumb.gif.51f04162b48b08893038c02be5ec11c1.gif

And the ones with elixir buffs lasts 0.72 seconds, roughly 70% more of default shield duration

shiled_abigail_shield_shield_buff.thumb.gif.bf8be3c369ae4530c5a46b14ca79aa6d.gifshiled_abigail_shield_shield_retaliation.thumb.gif.f0a5b272b5096bcfd7b641ec57b6ca9a.gif

---

The elixirs themselves are a nice addition to the arsenal of Abigail, and I appreciate you can just use them on the flower instead of walking to abigail and giving it to her directly. Their effect however, feel a bit underwhelming

For starters, they require you go do an specific sidequest to craft, which could take quite the amount of time, and have to leave everything just to go gather the specific resource, plus the pipspook have RNG spawner, so there's no reliable way to farm them.

The only other character that you need to stop what you're doing to go farm I can think of would be wickerbottom and reeds (unless you base in swamp), and while it might be unfair to compare wendy's elixirs to one of the most broken things in the game, I feel the elixirs just end really underwhelming, since they last for a small amount of time, and aren't effective enough for the farming time they require.

---

Lastly, sanity stations.

Before the update, wendy could do a pseudo-exploit to create a large way to control sanity as you please. Since abigail flowers no longer spawn regular flowers, you can no longer create said contraptions. Klei however, added a new structure called sisturn, that allows for a way to increase your sanity as well as decrease the amount of time it takes for abigail to reach full health.

The structure itself is beautiful, and cheaper to craft than an old sanity station, but it lacks in effectiveness in comparison to the old one, plus the option of just going insane to farm nightmare fuel. Evil petals don't work for that purpose. And while not many liked or even cared about sanity stations, it was something that Wendy could do and bring to the team that nobody else was capable of

Also, since there's just one abigail and can be channeled from all flowers, no more summon rush either, and resummoning a 150 abigail whose purpose has always been relegated to a meat shield during boss fights.

In my opinion, this update overall brough a ton more options for Wendy to play with, the QoL features are a godsend and what I have always wanted for abigail. Damage wise tho, it feels like a slight nerf. While Abigail was never a powerhouse, she could always take care of a hound wave by herself if it came at night, now I need to get myself bitten a few times to achieve the same result (and hope I don't lag and get stunlocked). Before you used your enemies's blood to power up abigail, now you use your own. And the elixirs, while nice, don't make up for it in my opinion.

She still has her old meatshield function, and you can always stockpile on Spectral Cure-All elixirs before a boss fight, and ignore abigail's damage while having her tank the boss for a long time, but you're usually better stockpiling healing items and armor instead.

Overall, while I like the rework and enjoy wendy more after all the wonderful animations, I see myself relying less on Abigail after the rework than I did before, which is a shame considering she was the focus of it.

7 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

100% health (150HP) = 40*(0)= 0 extra damage
[...]
1% health (15HP) = 40*(0.9801) = 39 extra damage

Is that 10% health or 1.5HP here?

7 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Unyielding Draught = last for 1 minute, has 100% absorption, and despite being unable to find shield duration/cooldowns anywhere in the code, I can't see it working ingame
Distliged vengance = last for 1 minute, has all normal shield buffs plus retaliation of 20 damage

The shield only applies for ~0.5 seconds after being attacked. If you apply Distliged vengance on your friend's abigail and attack her once, you won't take damage at all. But if you attack her twice within a short period, you will take damage from the shield. It's useless against bosses but useful in case of Hounds or Frog Rain.

47 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Is that 10% health or 1.5HP here?

1.5, sorry, a typo

47 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

The shield only applies for ~0.5 seconds after being attacked. If you apply Distliged vengance on your friend's abigail and attack her once, you won't take damage at all. But if you attack her twice within a short period, you will take damage from the shield. It's useless against bosses but useful in case of Hounds or Frog Rain.

I really cannot find the cooldown options in the code, but I'll take your word for it. Doesn't seem as useful as I originally thought if that's the case, and it makes those two elixirs worthless unless you're fighting a crowd, and even so the advantage is minimal since there are few crowds of mobs that could take on abigail full health without getting stunlocked.

Maybe is useful against shadow monkeys.

At least during nighttime you could assist Abby in fights, and because of your collective damage output a foe could be killed in a matter of time. Right now it's a risk that is not worth the effort. 1 hp is still 1 hp, even while wearing armor.

If only some numbers could be tweaked a bit, either letting you to assist Abigail like earlier without that much of a risk of something breathing in your general direction and you dropping dead as a result, or simply giving Abigail more damage than she currently has so Wendy could play the role of a proper "summoner" without participating much in the fight herself. 

1 hour ago, Charesque said:

At least during nighttime you could assist Abby in fights, and because of your collective damage output a foe could be killed in a matter of time. Right now it's a risk that is not worth the effort. 1 hp is still 1 hp, even while wearing armor.

If only some numbers could be tweaked a bit, either letting you to assist Abigail like earlier without that much of a risk of something breathing in your general direction and you dropping dead as a result, or simply giving Abigail more damage than she currently has so Wendy could play the role of a proper "summoner" without participating much in the fight herself.

I agree with this so hard.

If Abigail is only "strong" (let's be real, it's just what Abigail was for free until this weird rework/nerf of an already weak survivor) when Wendy is too weak to be in a fight, then Abigail needs to more than make up for Wendy's inability to participate. Currently, even at low HP, Abigail fighting on her own against anything bigger than hounds is a suicide mission unless you devote 1 day+ to farming mourning glory ahead of time. Even then, you better hope Abigail can kill those clockworks or whatever in under a minute. ;(

Abigail was way too weak before this rework, and that was without Wendy at low hp, and she's even weaker now most of the time unless you spend all your time farming mourning glory for potions and take Wendy out of the equation entirely. So:

Old Abi (for free) + full hp Wendy with a weapon was better than New Abi with grindy potions - low HP Wendy hiding somewhere.

Sorry if this makes anyone upset - I'm seeing so much positivity for this rework, but I'm just not seeing it. The QoL updates for Abigail are godly. The rest, though, has been really terrible imo and has made this rework feel awful overall. I hope they fix the numbers and fast.

i think she is so much better than before, maybe she had more damage at night (a small portion of the day) but now she can be alive longer via her health potion and shield. Also having 2 modes makes her a lot of better for fighting because now you can kite with her, in her pasive mode she will keep doing damage when you want but also she will follow you avoiding damage when before she just atackan until she dies.

Also you can unsummon her like a true pokemon trainer allowing her to gain some health so you could resummon her a lot of times during a long fight  (you can even apply healths tonics when she is unsummoned)

With this changes having 0,75 damage its not a big deal agains big guys if you farm the tonics because with her damage will compensate this a little 

i dont want to do spam or something but i have tested the tonics against klaus, i think she wasnt able to do this before the update so im happy. The worst thing was she distracs me a lot but i guess its something i have to learn playing She fits better in this game full of raid bosses than her older version which still being a great character for playing SW and RoG (i will miss laughting because she suicide against everything like a dumb xD)

Spoiler

Needing to be at 1 HP for a flying hambat is not very good, farming for stuff to get it to live a bit longer is also not worth it.

You're doing a lot of extra steps to just make up for Wendy's low damage multiplier while Wolfgang/Wigfrid/Wicker can do more with barely any effort, I would say that Woodie's moose form and Bernie are better than Abigail too.

27 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think she is so much better than before, maybe she had more damage at night (a small portion of the day) but now she can be alive longer via her health potion and shield. Also having 2 modes makes her a lot of better for fighting because now you can kite with her, in her pasive mode she will keep doing damage when you want but also she will follow you avoiding damage when before she just atackan until she dies.

Also you can unsummon her like a true pokemon trainer allowing her to gain some health so you could resummon her a lot of times during a long fight  (you can even apply healths tonics when she is unsummoned)

With this changes having 0,75 damage its not a big deal agains big guys if you farm the tonics because with her damage will compensate this a little 

i dont want to do spam or something but i have tested the tonics against klaus, i think she wasnt able to do this before the update so im happy. The worst thing was she distracs me a lot but i guess its something i have to learn playing She fits better in this game full of raid bosses than her older version which still being a great character for playing SW and RoG (i will miss laughting because she suicide against everything like a dumb xD)

Reveal hidden contents

I am in no way saying Abigail is useless, and I very much praise the quality of life made with her new managing mechanics, the slower distance required makes it so you can dodge with her, on the other side however, that means you also needs to move out of the way sooner instead of the last second, and it decreases your own dps.

The pokeball mechanic is actually quite interesting, as you can use it to lose aggro on certain mobs in an interesting way, like bearger and treeguard, where you just make abigail attack, make them aggro on her and back on the pokeflower. There are probably some ways to abuse this.

In your video, no, she coudln't survive a boss fight before, but you could stock on a couple of bees/butterflies and resummon her again and again through the fight. Not many people did it, I mostly did the summon rush mostly for fuelweaver and bee queen since they provided you with free minions, but it was an interesting way to use the available mechanics nontheless. You can now manage her and have her kit to survive instead, sometimes I think I rather just put her in the pokeball the entire fight instead of managing both mine and her kiting. And the only tonic I see you using in the video is the health ones, plus the damage one at the beggining.

She is an excellent meat shield, now more than ever thanks to the elixirs, and I never stated otherwise. My point was that her damage was nerfed overall, and you now need to use exilirs to compensate for it. And while useful, they are THAT useful, and I questioned if they were worth the time spend to farm them.

My point at any moment wasn't that she was useless, nor that she has lost all the functionality she had. I will repeat again, the new mechanics added to Abigail's flower and Abigail herself are a godsend, everything I ever wanted as a Wendy main and more (except for aggressive let's kill glommer mode). She was however, nerfed damage wise unless you hurt yourself to unreasonable levels, and the elixirs, while nice, are not that good to justify all the farming they might require.

Also winter nights can be pretty long.

4 hours ago, Charesque said:

And you can still assist her at night, tho she does 20/12 damage now instead of 40 at night. My point was she was able to take care of hound waves by herself at night, without any aid, and had a permanent 40 AoE damage on caves, letting you take care of a couple of clockworks in the ruins without much issue. You can still do it, it just a bit thougher now.

3 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

i see but instead of resummoning her you could use the elixir made with telltale heart that gives a good amount of life 

and for the damage i only can say that wendy needs a downside, if abigail does a lot of damage then there is no downside but yeah, for hound waves she is nerfed unless you use tonics (that i think these are only worth for bosses and farming spider/other mobs safer)

what i see more frustrating its that you cant apply more than 1 buff when in a boss fight you will only use health elixirs because if you give another elixir she will die before it ends, anyways i need to test her much more 

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i see but instead of resummoning her you could use the elixir made with telltale heart that gives a good amount of life 

and for the damage i only can say that wendy needs a downside, if abigail does a lot of damage then there is no downside but yeah, for hound waves she is nerfed unless you use tonics (that i think these are only worth for bosses and farming spider/other mobs safer)

what i see more frustrating its that you cant apply more than 1 buff when in a boss fight you will only use health elixirs because if you give another elixir she will die before it ends, anyways i need to test her much more 

Yes, but elixirs are high maintenance and require tons of farming, while resumming takes 50 sanity each, and you can store the flowers in the chest when you're done for the next fight.

Elixirs I can only see myself using the Telltale heart one, the damage one is nice, but is not worth if it overwrites elixirs, the others are not worth that much. I guess the speed one is good for helping her kite with you during boss fights?

If you want to farm small amounts of mobs, you're probably better off with Woodie, haven't tested it, but she probably got outclassed by the canadian in what used to be her area of expertise.

The downside of Wendy was that she could not have abigail outside all the time, and she had a nasty damage multiplier. I mean, she's considered low tier in terms of characters, and that's why everyone was asking for her rework in the first place. Now sanity stations and summon rush are gone, and we have instead elixirs and having abigail kite with you, plus the fancy management mechanics. She wasn't changed to the point of being useful or being unplayable, in fact her new mechanics offer interesting possibilities, but I have a hard time calling this a buff.

And yes, you can grind an insane amount of elixirs and have her be immortal during any fight, but so can you farm an insane amount of dragonpies, get yourself some armor and be yourself immortal.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Despair said:

Needing to be at 1 HP for a flying hambat is not very good, farming for stuff to get it to live a bit longer is also not worth it.

You're doing a lot of extra steps to just make up for Wendy's low damage multiplier while Wolfgang/Wigfrid/Wicker can do more with barely any effort, I would say that Woodie's moose form and Bernie are better than Abigail too.

Not everything is about damage, and not every character needs to be in the same tier category, I happily played wendy since the single player beta and kept playing her after I found out she wasn't the best character, so I rather avoid x character did this better. But I do agree there's a lot of grind required for new wendy to make up for the damage loss of old wendy, and she is being outclassed in her own areas of expertise. Just like lil'old Woodie and Maxwell.

Abby's damage being less in SOME situations is not that relevant when you consider she takes a lot less damage now because her shield. She cant be comboed to death. I also noticed her attack range is definitely larger. Before, spiders were able to get a hit in as they walked up to abby, but now her attack range is too big for spiders to get a hit. Even when spider warriors overwhelm her, her natural shield usually keeps her alive. This is also great with tentacles, frogs, pigmen, splumonkeys. The rework looks great, with my sole issue being that Abby is still completely useless vs almost every boss. Bosses do double damage to Abby and she has no damage reduction - the defensive elixirs are largely useless for bosses.

24 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Bosses do double damage to Abby and she has no damage reduction - the defensive elixirs are largely useless for bosses.

Honestly, here abigail should either have a damage reduction or be completely invincible to attacks (maybe by dodging?)

44 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Abby's damage being less in SOME situations is not that relevant when you consider she takes a lot less damage now because her shield. She cant be comboed to death. I also noticed her attack range is definitely larger. Before, spiders were able to get a hit in as they walked up to abby, but now her attack range is too big for spiders to get a hit. Even when spider warriors overwhelm her, her natural shield usually keeps her alive. This is also great with tentacles, frogs, pigmen, splumonkeys. The rework looks great, with my sole issue being that Abby is still completely useless vs almost every boss.

Well, you actually need to farm and craft and carry and use the elixir for a 1 minute long shield... that nulls hits for 0.5 after being hit. And honestly, she could deal with spelumonkeys, and frogs as well provided their numbers were not massive and it was dusk or nighttime.

What I'm complaining about is that you require getting this elixir for a 1 minute effect whereas before you just waited till night or keep summoning as many abigails as you had backups in the case of frog rain in your base.

And yes the rework plays great, and it looks even better, is just that the numbers behind it and the elixirs are just a bit underwhelming after all the mechanical overhaul, and some nice late game things were removed as a trade off.

44 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Bosses do double damage to Abby

Since when?

2 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Well, you actually need to farm and craft and carry and use the elixir for a 1 minute long shield... that nulls hits for 0.5 after being hit. And honestly, she could deal with spelumonkeys, and frogs as well provided their numbers were not massive and it was dusk or nighttime.

What I'm complaining about is that you require getting this elixir for a 1 minute effect whereas before you just waited till night or keep summoning as many abigails as you had backups in the case of frog rain in your base.

And yes the rework plays great, and it looks even better, is just that the numbers behind it and the elixirs are just a bit underwhelming after all the mechanical overhaul, and some nice late game things were removed as a trade off.

the shield I'm referring to isn't an elixir trait. If you check, Abby has a shield in game before the elixirs. The elixir makes that shield of invulnerability longer. 

Let abby fight a tentacle and u will see what i mean, she only takes damage from one swipe now, not both swipes.

3 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

the shield I'm referring to isn't an elixir trait. If you check, Abby has a shield in game before the elixirs. The elixir makes that shield of invulnerability longer. 

Let abby fight a tentacle and u will see what i mean, she only takes damage from one swipe now, not both swipes.

Uh, you are actually right, and here I though that 0.5 damage nullifier was what the elixir was supposed to do in the first place. But now it turns out she has it by default. Then I'm out of ideas as to what the shield elixir does in the first place.

i feel like most ppl is focusing on a "OR" situation instead of an "AND" situation, wich is why i really like new wendy, sure old abi was fine at night, since you could team up with her and do some stuff, now we have a stronger abi all day/night long and i think you get the most out of it while playing exactly that way as a duo, not as a solo abi/solo wendy, maximising damage for abi or  max hp for wendy makes the other one bad, but actually balancing both (like 40% hp wendy) makes abi strong nuf to deal good ammount of aoe/ST damage, and now you can actually control abi much better.

i think/hope that was what klei was trying to do, its wendy helping abi and bice versa, not let abi do all the work for you, while both of em are working together you manage to offset the damage penalty, and sure having less max hp can be a bit dangerous if you are a newbie like me but i love that now the sisters have to work together instead of wendy/abi doing most of the work, tho abi is still insanely good to farm small critters and wendy does not need to lift a finger while doing that, i feel that the boss fights are really where controlling abi makes wendy special, and working together makes wendy/abi duo better than abi OR wendy alone.

Just now, CremeLover said:

Uh, you are actually right, and here I though that 0.5 damage nullifier was what the elixir was supposed to do in the first place. But now it turns out she has it by default. Then I'm out of ideas as to what the shield elixir does in the first place.

could be wrong but i think it increases the shield's duration a little bit.

3 hours ago, Nero-DMC said:

i feel like most ppl is focusing on a "OR" situation instead of an "AND" situation, which is why i really like new wendy, sure old abi was fine at night, since you could team up with her and do some stuff, now we have a stronger abi all day/night long and i think you get the most out of it while playing exactly that way as a duo, not as a solo abi/solo wendy, maximising damage for abi or  max hp for wendy makes the other one bad, but actually balancing both (like 40% hp wendy) makes abi strong nuf to deal good amount of aoe/ST damage, and now you can actually control abi much better.

i think/hope that was what klei was trying to do, its wendy helping abi and vice versa, not let abi do all the work for you, while both of em are working together you manage to offset the damage penalty, and sure having less max hp can be a bit dangerous if you are a newbie like me but i love that now the sisters have to work together instead of wendy/abi doing most of the work, tho abi is still insanely good to farm small critters and wendy does not need to lift a finger while doing that, i feel that the boss fights are really where controlling abi makes wendy special, and working together makes wendy/abi duo better than abi OR wendy alone.

Sigh , yes, and having to fight together, not letting her die to not lose upgrades, no elixir stacking ( which is rare considering the logic of playing duo and helping each other while you manage both characters. It's still the same problem when it comes to balance , does managing all of that, with this weaker version do better at least against medium mobs? . nop, in fact less dmg. 

-internal scream- she is weaker  now, she needs some stat buffs , because she is close to perfection, nothing else.

Also i prefer being insane to increase abis dmg instead of hp, and for more, not distribution of the same dmg to get 12 or 14 dmg. Since is really dangerous playing 50hp and lower when it randomly lags out of nowhere, especially if you play in servers outside your country ( or a dmg cap at 50% hp )

Maybe increase duration and maybe armor buff (80~70%) immunity for the duration of the shield buff , obviously the potion. 

elixir stacking , combined with movespeed potion this would be really fun to use in ruins(splumonkeys) or boss fights like bee queen, since it opens possibilities for different approaches in each situation.

Stats, oh .. stats. the elixirs and dmg. it has to at least reward you so make fighting as duo fun ( and the grind ), not to the point of asking yourself.. "i'll ... be better fighting without caring about her" . she won't be killing bosses ofc, but those potions do need to justify the utility to say.. yeah i use this for tanking buys me time while i deal with nightmares , or .. ill use this combination to deal with the frogs/splumonkeys . there's a lot of potential locked behind stats and elixir stacking.

Also, using potions and calling/commanding , summon/unsummon has a "cast" time that locks you down so isn't as free as you might think. needs preparation and her being alive justify the role of aiding her. in this update i realized how i changed my style to keeping her alive instead of my old me with her just commenting a "meh " or summoning a second flower. now if the stats go up, this pushes you to not let her die / revert to stage one and lose the elixir effect ( if it was a bit better ). Still.. i don't feel rewarded too much yet for keeping her alive, and dies too quickly with defense up ( only useful to use speed and the big heal one for now , cuz no elixir stacking)

You might say ~ yes but she's not supposed to deal with that! . then i don't need the grind for potions if it is too weak to offer something new than the mobs she already used to deal with. <- grind should justify using them. even making the recipe expensive if it bothers too much for op/broken

3 hours ago, Nero-DMC said:

i feel like most ppl is focusing on a "OR" situation instead of an "AND" situation, wich is why i really like new wendy, sure old abi was fine at night, since you could team up with her and do some stuff, now we have a stronger abi all day/night long and i think you get the most out of it while playing exactly that way as a duo, not as a solo abi/solo wendy, maximising damage for abi or  max hp for wendy makes the other one bad, but actually balancing both (like 40% hp wendy) makes abi strong nuf to deal good ammount of aoe/ST damage, and now you can actually control abi much better.

i think/hope that was what klei was trying to do, its wendy helping abi and bice versa, not let abi do all the work for you, while both of em are working together you manage to offset the damage penalty, and sure having less max hp can be a bit dangerous if you are a newbie like me but i love that now the sisters have to work together instead of wendy/abi doing most of the work, tho abi is still insanely good to farm small critters and wendy does not need to lift a finger while doing that, i feel that the boss fights are really where controlling abi makes wendy special, and working together makes wendy/abi duo better than abi OR wendy alone.

You actually got the most out of it while playing as a duo before as well, abigail couldn't take care of bishops for example, but she could tank the hits while dealing some damage, and you took care of dealing the rest. I always wait a few seconds before each bishop attack so the bishop had the aggro on abigail before attacking. And in many cases if you didn't kill some of the mobs attacking her, like frogs or shadow monkeys, she woulnd't make it out of that. My irk is that, while optimal to help her before, there were many cases she could handle herself, freeing me from even grabbing a weapon most of the time unless I was planning something risky.

With 40% health dealing with crowds you're doing 26 damage with abigail, with is slightly more than what she did before during dusk. You need to actively bebuff and put yourself at risk to be as effective as before.

You can probably perform some very nifty tricks with the new abigail mechanics, question is, is the extra damage you're doing by going out of your way to save abi worth it? Isn't it better just to stow her and focus on kiting and DPS?

She is still okay at taking critters, no as efficient as before, but you can make do with elixirs. Her shield is an interesting and frustating thing, I'll try to figure out how it properly works tomorrow. She is still not very good for bosses.

36 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Did she get a faster attack speed compared to before the rework?

Can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure she's still using the default ghost attack speed like before.

1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

do you have detailes regarding this?

Abby has a little grace period of invulnerability for a fraction of a second after being attacked. That's what i mean by her natural shield. She didn't have that before the Wendy update.

3 hours ago, Well-met said:

why not have wendy take 0 dmg from ghosts and 0 sanity drain from darkness and caves?

Klei did the exact same goof with willlow - instead of full fire immunity they only gave her a limited value.

I don't see why she'd even need immunity to ghosts, befriend them maybe, but even that is not supporting the twins idea.

Archived