What if Wurt was in Real Life?

Imagine a scenario in which Wurt found some form of teleportation device and wound up within the real world, preferably Brooklyn. Noticing a distinct lack of swamp anywhere around her (due to the urban setting), she resolves to begin a hostile merm takeover in the surrounding environment. 

This unlocks her hidden thirst for power, and thus she slowly takes over the entire Earth, continent by continent. 

How long approximately would it take for her to take over all of the united states? all of humanity? Would her abilities suit this? 

My Answer, is that it would take her approximately 70 HY's (Human Years) to complete her Turf Takeover. Thinking about it, it's simply a matter of exponential growth.  Of course, the first few years of Wurtisms would be rather slow, and she would have to work a 9 to 5 job to simply pay the bills and feed her Merms. Though as her lifetime savings slowly grows, she will be able to invest in higher and higher tier Merm Kings, which will allow her merms to slowly crawl through city blocks, tearing down skyscrapers.

After a few HYs of taking down the surrounding cities and replacing them with swamp turf, Wurt will likely have accumulated the necessary crock pots to keep her and her merm army alive Indefinitely. So the rest of the time is simply a matter of tearing down city blocks and placing swamp turf. However this is a rather gargantuan task, so it will likely take Wurt a while.

Assuming she spawned in Brooklyn, she'll spend a good few decades to slowly expand westward until she hits kansas, to which she will swiftly turn north and knock out all of Canada in one fell swoop.  From there she will make a southwestward diagonal turn to finish off all of the United States, taking up another 30 or so years. From there it'll be pretty smooth sailing, knocking out pretty much all of South America in one or two years. From there Wurt will be basically a god now, so it'll only take a couple hours before the entire rest of the world falls. 

But that is just my vision for it, I'd like to hear y'all'ses.

Dude.. Wurt just landed in Brooklyn New York.... what’s gonna happen is she’s gonna get capped by a bunch of mean gun carrying New Yorkers on the street.

Trust me I would know.. I’m from the South and when I went through New York once.. I lost a car hub cap, and was getting mean looks, bye bye hub cap I’m not picking you back up.. I’ll just keep on driving through.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Dude.. Wurt just landed in Brooklyn New York.... what’s gonna happen is she’s gonna get capped by a bunch of mean gun carrying New Yorkers on the street.

Trust me I would know.. I’m from the South and when I went through New York once.. I lost a car hub cap, and was getting mean looks, bye bye hub cap I’m not picking you back up.. I’ll just keep on driving through.

what if she is at first helped by 2 friendly plumbers?

You do realize ,,Merms" don't exist in real world, unless she teleported them WITH her, the only thing she would be able to command are probably tadpoles. Other than that she wouldn't stand a chance and get caged up then sent into area 51.

Also prolly get turned into a star of a show for kids.

Wurt the Friendly Ogre™

9192828281.jpg

I think with all her experience building merm houses she'd do well in the real state business. Her empire will come from becoming a successful businessmermaid, not by military conquest. 

The point is the same though, global domination, sharing durians at a fancy restaurant with Jeff Bezos, etc....

5 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

You do realize ,,Merms" don't exist in real world, unless she teleported them WITH her, the only thing she would be able to command are probably tadpoles.

But all it takes for her to make a Craftsmerm House is some boards, a few handfuls of reeds, and two live fish, and then that Craftsmerm House would start spawning Merms. I think a more important factor here is that Wurt is one of the few characters who aren't human and couldn't pass as human, so if anyone sees her then there'd be mass panic over this small green swamp creature in the middle of a bustling city.

Still, she'd just have to immediately flee to the sewers so she's out of sight of people, and find her way to a large enough waste pipe to exit into a lake. Then all it would take is some basic survival skills for her to get some basic resources and grab some fish, and she could start creating her Merm army. I imagine the best place to build those houses would be in the sewers too, as the Merms would need to stay wet and out of sight.

I think her biggest problem would be finding food, honestly. She physically cannot eat meat, so she'd have to find some kind of source of veggies... Maybe she could stick to the outskirts of Brooklyn and send a Merm out into the road to purposely cause a car crash, then kill/incapacitate the driver and steal their clothes, money, and any stray snacks they might be carrying. Then if she puts on those clothes, that could allow her to blend in as a regular human child in a crowd or from a distance, and she could go raid some small businesses of their veggies.

The "early game" would certainly be a struggle for her, but at most she'd just need a few years of sewer dwelling and food stealing before her Merm army would be large enough to at least claim a small chunk of the surface as their own, 

4 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

But all it takes for her to make a Craftsmerm House is some boards, a few handfuls of reeds, and two live fish, and then that Craftsmerm House would start spawning Merms. I think a more important factor here is that Wurt is one of the few characters who aren't human and couldn't pass as human, so if anyone sees her then there'd be mass panic over this small green swamp creature in the middle of a bustling city.

Still, she'd just have to immediately flee to the sewers so she's out of sight of people, and find her way to a large enough waste pipe to exit into a lake. Then all it would take is some basic survival skills for her to get some basic resources and grab some fish, and she could start creating her Merm army. I imagine the best place to build those houses would be in the sewers too, as the Merms would need to stay wet and out of sight.

I think her biggest problem would be finding food, honestly. She physically cannot eat meat, so she'd have to find some kind of source of veggies... Maybe she could stick to the outskirts of Brooklyn and send a Merm out into the road to purposely cause a car crash, then kill/incapacitate the driver and steal their clothes, money, and any stray snacks they might be carrying. Then if she puts on those clothes, that could allow her to blend in as a regular human child in a crowd or from a distance, and she could go raid some small businesses of their veggies.

The "early game" would certainly be a struggle for her, but at most she'd just need a few years of sewer dwelling and food stealing before her Merm army would be large enough to at least claim a small chunk of the surface as their own, 

It's my belief that if a monster character spawns in any sort of urban setting, they are immediately equipped with shamlets. Under this idea, wurt could easily fool the feeble minded humans and begin working a 12 to 8 job to buy potted plants and quickly consume them. Past that I have no real objections to your statements here.

11 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Then suddenly we have the scenario of XCOM: Terror from the deep

Archived