Tam o' Shanter as craftable

Dapperest hat as craftable  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Should the best (sanity/min) hat be craftable?

Don't you think that the best hat around should have some skins?

Don't get me wrong, I like the style, but I would like to change skins of the hat I'm wearing most of the time.

It can be Tam o' Shanter or any other hat that gives the same amount of sanity but I think it should be craftable and should have skins.

17 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Honestly wardrobes should be able to reskin items by just throwing the item into the wardrobe.

It doesn't make sense when you just jump into a small box and come out completely differently dressed.

I mean to be fair, it most likely the harrasment hands inside of the box, but I like the idea nonetheless.

28 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Mctusk doesn't need even less of a reason to visit after you've slain him a couple times.

i like to kill as many as i can each winter. lazy explorer its so usefull and fun, when you have a lot you dont suffer when you have to use it to scape or travel faster

Honestly keep the drop, but every time mactusk dies and doesn't drop the tam, instead he drops some "tam o' sheets" instead, basically fragments of tam o shanter cloth.

These cloth fragments would be used in crafting a tam o' shanter in the event the player's luck is absolutely atrocious, in fact I feel there should be material items like this for all kinds of rare items, but the amount needed would be high to make it so the only reason why a player would craft it instead of get the drop is if their luck is so atrocious that they don't have the patience.

Example for the tamo would be say... mactusk drops 1-3 tam o sheets, and it takes about 25 tam o' sheets(and some other materials?) to make a tam o shanter, meaning you'd only end up crafting it if your luck is "at the bottom of the barrel" as they would say.

Other complimentary items for rare drops for example could be "naughty cloths" from krampi, krampus would drop 1-2 at a 99% chance(when he doesn't drop a sack)

it would take about 350 cloths to make a krampus sack(other items required too?) meaning you'd still have better odds at actually getting the 1 in 100, but in the event RNG gives the middle finger completely theres an alternative.

I bet alot of you disagree with my idea, but I'd love some kind of alternate option rather then grinding infinitely, one reason why I'm reluctant to go back to terraria is the sheer amount of grinding for rare drops in it, it's the same in DST with luck based drops. :s

On 3/3/2020 at 6:12 AM, Canis said:

If Mactusk drops a material needed for the Tam, then I'm with it 100%. Skins are important.

If The Tam becomes craftable without the need to fight Mactusk, no.

Maybe you could use it's Walrus Tusk + some silk + something else to craft a material sewing kit ( which is not usable ) and with that material sewing kit and something else ( maybe a top hat or beffalo hat ) you can craft the Tam o' Shanter.

Maybe...

2 hours ago, X-lem said:

I think a tamo blueprint drop from a boss would be cool. Would have to be semi rare I think. 

But then you run into the problem of It being too difficult that rng may seem more favorable the the resources you spend for the other path. It's like either going down a nice maze path filled with dead ends or a straight path with a 3 Minotaur in the middle up the mountain. Might be nice as a last resort, if you desperately need that for some reason, but otherwise the rng will be better because it would be so much easier to just roll the dice alot.

Archived