Self Charged Wx? Potential wx rework ideas?

I know that this question may or may not have been asked in the past, but i just want to be sure i'm not missing out. Is there any way that wx78 can charge himself? I tried the telelocator staff and charged voltgoat both in which didn't work. Do you guys have any ideas about this?

1 minute ago, Lammarr said:

You need to teleport a living creature with the telelocator staff in order to charge yourself.

Surprisingly, this is one of only possibly (two?) practical uses for critters. They make good targets for the telelocator for when you are trying to self charge as wx. You can get quite a bit of time out of a whole staff; just note that it is considerably less efficient than using a wickerbottom.

On 11/9/2016 at 1:29 PM, PanAzej said:

Pet Volt Goat concept:

baby_goat.png

What do you think? Are these good? Are these okay? Are these crap? Should I dump them and come up with new ones?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:59 PM, Rawsie said:

Woah! Looked through the whole thread and I must say I'm amazed. Your traditional works are sooo good. So much motion in the characters, so much weight in the lines. Keep it up! : D

I also loved the concept of a baby version of the volt goat though yours looked a bit like a miniature volt goat and not a proper baby.

Drew my version just to show you what I mean by that. Babies have incredibly big eyes and also are extremely fluffy with their horns being nothing but tiny stumps in their head. Liked the idea of unproportionally big ears so I kept them :D

goat.png

Dammit Klei, we need a pet that'll only work for WX and would be as dangerous as hell.:wilson_ecstatic:

9 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Yup, wish he could possibly take it from a lightning rod but I guess well have to wait for his rework...

6 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

So much time spent longingly staring at a charged lightning rod.

Maybe involve the Frazzled Wires in the process? 

If were going into further discussion about potential wx-78 rework, i can start a thread revolving around that for you guys to add some interesting values, i might throw my pair aswell. Or just keep it here lol

4 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

If were going into further discussion about potential wx-78 rework, i can start a thread revolving around that for you guys to add some interesting values, i might throw my pair aswell. Or just keep it here lol

you could always just rename this thread :o

If Wx were to get a rework I would want a stronger downside, Wx-78’s downside is basically loses a small amount of health while wet, but as any survivor you are already trying to not get wet in the first place. The health lost for the first rain in autumn is laughable and only becomes a problem in spring, where you will almost 100% of the time have access to an eyebrella.
If Wx-78 is going to get any stronger from his rework; IMO he’s gonna need to get a lot weaker in some area because he’s one of the most OP characters with one of the most underwhelming downsides in the game. I hate to say it, but I have more trouble with woodie’s downsides (hassle wise) than I do WX’s.

I hate to say it but I do agree, WX is pretty strong currently. 

Personally I think his ability to gain the full effect from food regardless of its spoilage level is his biggest strength.

He would definitely need some more downsides if they were to introduce more upsides.

I've been maining him for around a year now just to throw that out there.

Make WX more team oriented.. instead of CONSUME ALL GEARS..

Maybe he can open his chest plate and pull out parts of himself to supply others with Gears or Electrical Doodads..

Much like Wormwood can grow living logs and chop them off of himself, But at the cost of his own stats, health and proficiency.

”I need this part for my optical sensors to function but I have decided that my fleshling friends need it more than I do.”

Just something outside of “kill all gear sources, eat all gears, Be OP.”

I would be interested if wx was more "mechanical" for example he would chop, mine, run and etc. faster. However, he would overheat when doing too much "stuff" and would need to stand and not do anything a bit too cool down, or he could use a coolant like eat ice, carry thermal or  wear an ice cube.

I know this is unrelated but just some ideas for the rework in case it happens.

Archived