[Game Update] - 394232

Does this DLC actually adds new music to the game? It description doesn't say so:

"this OST contains all of the game music, and a couple of extras, in both FLAC and MP3 formats." So we got extras in FLAC and MP3 AND in game? How many of them are there?

The problem I have with this DLC is that I am confused if I pay for music I heard for over 500h in game and I hate it, or will I actually get new music in game? If so what is new and what is old?

That is sad, no new content :( Why does people buy ost if they can hear it in game? In the end most of it ends of Spotify, which I already pay for and they can here it in their car, etc.

And in game it states "new soundtrack". Ok, there are couple of sounds, but if they were not in the game they must be really bad anyway.

Edited by MarcinW
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MarcinW said:

That is sad, no new content :( Why does people buy ost if they can hear it in game? In the end most of it ends of Spotify, which I already pay for and they can here it in their car, etc.

It's for people who want to:

1. Be able to listen to the soundtrack outside of the game
  2. Want to support the devs
  3. Want to legitimately own the track
    • The stuff on Spotify? It's not the official Klei ONI soundtrack, so you're paying for what is essentially bootlegged tracks.
5 minutes ago, MarcinW said:

Ok, there are couple of sounds, but if they were not in the game they must be really bad anyway.

There is one track that AFAIK wasn't even in the game's files, and that is "No Immediate Danger", but aside from that you also get:

• The track for the tutorial shorts
  • The track that played during the ONI upgrade videos
  • The launch song

But judging from the fact that you don't really know what is included in the Soundtrack I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you haven't really bought it yourself. :wilson_sneaky:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MarcinW said:

Why does people buy ost if they can hear it in game?

People buy it for the sake of supporting the project in most cases. Do you have other Steam games? If so, you already noticed there are a bunch of packs being sold together with games. Artbook, soundtrack, etc...

9 minutes ago, MarcinW said:

if they were not in the game they must be really bad anyway.

This is wrong in so many ways, I don't even know where to start from. I mean, ONI sound design is one of the best I ever experienced in my life. It's a true masterpiece... 

• Like 2

Yeah I mean I would really like to support the game and I love it, but buying soundtrack which I wont use just seem to be a ba idea.
Anyway that kind of supporter bundles appear usually in early access, and not half year after release.
Currently the only way I would spend my money for it is that it adds something to actual game... like in don't starve, I buy clothes etc, to make a game feel a little bit different.

50 minutes ago, yoakenashi said:

I would so buy an ONI art book if they made one!

I would also pay for a whole new animated series; Klei’s animation department is awesome.

5e2eeb4b58c84_blobhyperpeek.png.f43c19545ec560dba29e397fd157c02f.png

I wish they would release an ONI art book SO badly! I know they say that it might result in expectations for stuff that'll never arrive or it'll be outdated the instant it's released...but why don't they make it like the soundtracks? Make it digital and have it be updated whenever there's new stuff made, but like, in chunks. Also now that ONI's left EA I can expect the prospects of an art book being released being more likely than previously.

• Thanks 1

Currently you can hear new soundtrack on their twitch, which I'm doing at the moment.
It is absolutely gorgeous! After so many hours of listening "default soundtrack" those new tunes sounds great!
So it seems that the only way to have listen to them in game all the time I have to buy soundtrack, download as mp3 and play in background. Hmm, maybe custom mp3 music mod to oni will be my next challenge for it :p

Seriously, could you be more entitled? You are complaining about not getting new features on a game that is released. I frequently complain about stuff in the game but actively dissing an update because you don't get new content? New soundtrack for games that release their ingame audio as DLC is a common thing to do; new as in the properly formatted version of the audio is now available to download aszit was not before. You could unpack game files etc. but these probably have better sampling rates.

Im very happy that the soundrack is available for sale.
Not everyone uses spotify to listen to bootlegged versions of their music. I still maintain a digital music library, and buy all my music. I like listening to lossless formats. Thank you Klei for not forgetting to publish your awesome soundrack unlike some other games with awesome soundtracks (looking at you surviving mars).

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, akrabat14 said:

so why the hell do they give me all the music that's already in the game?  WHERE NEW SOUNDTRACK, tell us KLEI

Th-the new soundtrack is the stuff that's already in the game. There was no Official ONI OST, now there is, hence new soundtrack.

What do people not get about that? :wilson_curious:

Spoiler

TBH I'm still waiting for them to add the tracks that they missed:

• ShimmerPad
  • The New ONI Title Theme
  • ONI Endgame Notification
  • Daytime Music (unused)
  • Generative Test (unused)

I mean I still bought the soundtrack. Heck I yeeted myself onto steam and purchased it as soon as I found out that the thing was out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Th-the new soundtrack is the stuff that's already in the game. There was no Official ONI OST, now there is, hence new soundtrack.

What do people not get about that?

Since when is the new soundtrack is the old soundtrack?

2 hours ago, akrabat14 said:

Since when is the new soundtrack is the old soundtrack?

Because the "Official Soundtrack" didn't exist before.

If that explanation doesn't suit your fancy then there's also the fact that they already have soundtracks for other game you can purchase. This is a new addition to the roster. Hence "New Soundtrack", it's a new soundtrack that you can purchase at your local Steam Vendor. Go get it now while supplies last.

gossipp.png.7e46688a7359158ec851d57177d88bf7.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

To be honest I had my doubts about this "new soundtrack" but thanks that they also put it live stream so I had a chance to listen and actually hear new arrangements of songs I actually know, I just bought this soundtrack :)

Specially because that they will add new tracks to it and because I had a chance to listen to them first ("we likes songs which we already heard" - quote from the classic polish comedy) :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2