Dumpster for Lore

Title explains it all. Pour your thoughts, speculations and opinions into this thread.

Recently the roadmap has been released and with it Klei has hinted at the fact that there may be secrets lying about in their threads. I would like to invite the community to group up as one and go on a hunt. Thus, this thread will be the haven for loremasters to dump their knowledge into and also for new players/seekers of truth to search into to know our beautiful Constant better.

Together, we will be the best.

Signed,

Seeker of Truth and Forbidden Info,

Booklover.

I believe that everyone that's still alive had their share of power like maxwell and charlie, and you must release the previous ruler to be crowned the new one. IE: Wilson toppled maxwell, and charlie toppled wilson. Kinda explains why maxwell or wilson didn't truly "die" when they were released, and also why when you beat adventure mode as any other character, the current throne-holder gets released no matter who it is. 

-Sigh- Look.... At this point I just want to know if Wagstaff is Evil or not, because currently I get the vibes that the dude shows up in the new Wendy Refresh teaser by teleporting in and Grabs Abigail throwing her over the Ledge.

The Dude is Fascinated with things like trying to bring the dead back to life &/Or Bringing about a world ending Apocalypse sooner than it would happen naturally.

I made a lore megathread/essay quite a while ago if it's welcome in this lore dump thread. Technically, part of it is lore while the other part is literature, but hopefully something in here will help with interpreting bits of lore that's heading our way.

So, some lore bits off the top of my head that a lot of people seem to be unaware of.

• Wickerbottom had a cat at some point that is more than likely dead or lost or something. She is apparently upset about it.
  • Willow mentions a character named Walter when examining watermelons that is not referenced anywhere else in examinations or the ARG things Klei does. She implies that he is a smart guy and is also a jerk. Since his name starts with W there is a really good chance that the next new character could be him.
  • WX is shorthand for weather in morse code. Fitting since WX-78 is one of the few characters that has abilities heavily based on weather.
  • WX-78 is not aware of what a cat is and is confused by the shoehorn trinket which implies that he did not spend a great deal of time outside of the constant.
  • For some reason Willow is the only one that seems to have any idea what a hairdryer is.

That's all i've got for the moment. I'll add more if I think of more.

24 minutes ago, ButterStuffed said:
  • Wickerbottom had a cat at some point that is more than likely dead or lost or something. She is apparently upset about it.

If I had to guess, it is probably a Warly's Maman situation. She had a cat when she got pulled into the constant and is sad because she isn't there to take care of it.

1 hour ago, ButterStuffed said:

So, some lore bits off the top of my head that a lot of people seem to be unaware of.

•  
  • Willow mentions a character named Walter when examining watermelons that is not referenced anywhere else in examinations or the ARG things Klei does. She implies that he is a smart guy and is also a jerk. Since his name starts with W there is a really good chance that the next new character could be him.
  •  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Melon_(TV_series)

dis a reference

3 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

If I had to guess, it is probably a Warly's Maman situation. She had a cat when she got pulled into the constant and is sad because she isn't there to take care of it.

I get that people love pets, myself included, but are you really comparing the loss of a mother to a cat?

24 minutes ago, Canis said:

I get that people love pets, myself included, but are you really comparing the loss of a mother to a cat?

I just meant the idea of being pulled away from someone or something that relies on you. I agree with you about the severity of each situation, Warly definitely has it worse.

47 minutes ago, Canis said:

I mean, if Wickerbottom was a lonely lady with only a cat to comfort and help her retain her sanity, yeah the cat could be compared to a human at this point in my opinion.

If we get even more realistic though, the concern shouldn't be as much as an old mother with memory loss and possibly dementia as tame cats can still survive in the wild through hunting although unless they trained in the art of assassinating rats daily they will have trouble getting food. Grandmas with a mental disorder however, will most likely be dead within a day due to lack of knowledge regarding thirst, drinkable water and movement. Even if she managed to drink water she still has to cook or survive off of ingredients.

Warly's Maman is probably dead. Wicker's cat is likely surviving although weak.

• Wagstaff was in the era before soda cans were invented, or popular.
    image.png.30dc86ff437c08fd7de13c8cf4ed7c36.png
  • But apparently Wickerbottom is maybe older, or was Kidnapped later.

image.png.5c07aa69b7b36cbc3937c15f0766313a.png

• But she doesnt know what a licence plate is....hmmm...image.png.331edf5c61323991948ce6a1571f15b8.png

10 hours ago, ButterStuffed said:

Wickerbottom had a cat at some point that is more than likely dead or lost or something.

Something similar, upon examining the hamster wheel gym, Wendy states that she had a hamster once. Surprise, it died. 

Archived