PETITION: Make Years of the Varg & Carrat vignettes weavable

Hmm. Had no clue there were some vignettes that remained unweavable. For the first 2 above I thought were only presentation art and just that. Don't know, perhaps being event-specific they were dropping only in their respective "Year of the" and only then? Like the Loyal Staked Heart or Cherub's Heart?!

51 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Hmm. Had no clue there were some vignettes that remained unweavable. For the first 2 above I thought were only presentation art and just that. Don't know, perhaps being event-specific they were dropping only in their respective "Year of the" and only then? Like the Loyal Staked Heart or Cherub's Heart?!

I get your point, but the cited Hearts are Loyal Items attached to a specific date, meanwhile the Icons, Portraits & Vignettes are able to return in the next events (the last Hallowed Nights had the portraits and vignettes from the previous one and even Year of the Pig got portraits and vignettes from Year of the Varg available to weave and more!). The vignettes Year of the Carrat & Year of the Varg are beautiful and is such a pity waste those pieces of artwork just to be used only once time. 

Ps: Some time ago people asked Klei to add that vignette of "wilson looking in the distance" from 2019's Roadmap to the game, me included, in this request:

Spoiler

Future_New_Horizons.thumb.png.20d4656ff9059f220cbff23b385c706a.png

Request_2019.thumb.png.911d0b14d7411f4accaa78e19b89d670.png

I think would also be nice to have it since Klei took some time to add the Gnarwail one:

gnarwail_pic.thumb.png.7e33bd0feb2c0b374de2815ec2f35a58.png

On 1/24/2020 at 10:34 PM, Tapirus said:

I get your point, but the cited Hearts are Loyal Items attached to a specific date, meanwhile the Icons, Portraits & Vignettes are able to return in the next events (the last Hallowed Nights had the portraits and vignettes from the previous one and even Year of the Pig got portraits and vignettes from Year of the Varg available to weave and more!). The vignettes Year of the Carrat & Year of the Varg are beautiful and is such a pity waste those pieces of artwork just to be used only once time.

I've checked the Vignettes I can weave atm from apparent total available (41) and can't seem to find the Clay Varg you pointed at - see below:

vignettes.thumb.jpg.c7e694393d0eb4e3aaa5cece783fcf98.jpg

Are you sure it was a Vignette to begin with that dropped during Year of The Varg event or was only promo/bg image art?

I don't remember it as a vignette available at that time, yet my memory isn't something to be proud of (and ofc I blame alcohol for that, oh my many earthly sins, heh).

Maybe the image you posted, aka:

On 1/24/2020 at 4:08 AM, Tapirus said:

Year_of_the_Varg.thumb.png.8fb76b2a52347e9516722b5ae19bc5b8.png

..is only promo art like this one (you asked to be available as vignette as well):

On 1/24/2020 at 10:34 PM, Tapirus said:

Request_2019.thumb.png.911d0b14d7411f4accaa78e19b89d670.png

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I've checked the Vignettes I can weave atm from apparent total available (41) and can't seem to find the Clay Varg

"Clay Varg vignette" was a loading screen image during the Year of the Varg. So it was, in fact, part of the game already - and not a promo art.

What is This???

because whatever this is, is the Statue I ASSUMED I would be Building with the Year of the Carrat Lucky Beast Head, Body and Tail.

what I got instead was a disappointing couple of hats that cost me 24 Golden Ingots to obtain.

Maybe it was my Mistake that I waited till I had that many Ingots and then crafted all 3 parts without looking at them to find out what they were.

But, Next year replace the hats with Statue parts so I can assemble THAT please????

F57508C3-FA75-4E3E-BBC0-CBF612CFB6F6.png

43 minutes ago, Charesque said:

"Clay Varg vignette" was a loading screen image during the Year of the Varg. So it was, in fact, part of the game already - and not a promo art.

So in fact it was a vignette that dropped during YotV? Or only a loading screen for that time?

Just now, minespatch said:

Clay varg, IT works similar to the ginger varg.

Sadly I only encountered Two Gingerbread Vargs my entire time playing Wintersfeast. :( 

But that thing looks like a Stationary Wooden Statue that could be fueled like a Lantern (light source is its eyes) which event is Clay Varg from?

Just now, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

So in fact it was a vignette that dropped during YotV? Or only a loading screen for that time?

It did not drop, it was just a loading screen. The OP may have mistaken that loading screen for being a purchasable item.
But hey, at least it's already in the game, which probably means less effort turning it into a weaveable vignette. 

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Sadly I only encountered Two Gingerbread Vargs my entire time playing Wintersfeast. :( 

But that thing looks like a Stationary Wooden Statue that could be fueled like a Lantern (light source is its eyes) which event is Clay Varg from?

Year of the varg.

Here some in game image that i have from them :PS_Messages_20200210_165526.thumb.jpg.ef5d334444b13daa709c41918f9f8f47.jpg

1580852882993.thumb.jpg.be8d9c0c6b74f3189f93f9dcc41fcf27.jpg

They would stay as statue like that for ever unless a player would go near them. They would wake up and aggro instantly on you

21 minutes ago, Charesque said:

It did not drop, it was just a loading screen. The OP may have mistaken that loading screen for being a purchasable item.
But hey, at least it's already in the game, which probably means less effort turning it into a weaveable vignette. 

Got it.

Yeah... don't think Klei will add now said loading screen or that WIlson-on-a-cliff promo art as vignettes, yet one can hope :encouragement:

On 10/2/2020 at 6:48 PM, Charesque said:

I know the one of Year of the Varg it's already in the game, but the problem remain: unavailable to keep as weaveable vignette for players, unlike Year of the Pig. 

The loading screen Year of the Carrat has that same issue, once the event ends: it's gone.

On 19/2/2020 at 9:00 PM, Dragonboooorn said:

Agreed. I want to see new loading RoT themed-loading screens, or that one where Wilson look at the sun, and ready to discover... And yeah, Carrat and Varg loading screens seems good too.

Yeah, they look great and would a good addition to player's collection.

Well Wendy update hits this Thursday/March 19 and with it Year of the Carrat event ends. By now is pretty clear Klei will not be adding any of the OP's vignettes, even though it should be a piece of cake to translate them from their respective loading screens (making a thumbnail of them is really all that would be required; plus I suppose some line of code/changing some indices?!). Where there's a will... won't necessarily be a way as well :)

On 16/3/2020 at 3:56 PM, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Well Wendy update hits this Thursday/March 19 and with it Year of the Carrat event ends. By now is pretty clear Klei will not be adding any of the OP's vignettes, even though it should be a piece of cake to translate them from their respective loading screens (making a thumbnail of them is really all that would be required; plus I suppose some line of code/changing some indices?!). Where there's a will... won't necessarily be a way as well :)

Such a pity some ideas are not listen despite the massive support was put on him. And more considering when the feedbacks were asked with the purpose of improve the QoL in playerbaser.

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

In light of the new Community Choice Vignette - Winona - Next of Kin demarche from Klei side perhaps we will also get some of the vignettes proposed in OP thread as well, namely:

New_Horizons

(for me is a soothing one, most welcomed as loading screen on demand so-to-say)

Interestingly enough, this vignette was added to the game not that long ago, alongside some promotional images from earlier days of DST!

Archived