Hot Tub prevent Dupes from sleeping

As by title i am having troubles with the hot tub. They use their hot tub during downtime and it takes so much time to finish that they continue during sleep time as well. Instead of going to bed, they start their shift with like 30% stamina, which ends in sleeping during work time.

Is it a bug or am I messing something?

Dupes are notoriously terrible at time management and there is no (player-side) solution, only workarounds.

The simplest workaround is to remove all time sinks and just handle morale through decor, nature reserve in key spot (on the way to great hall), good food, washroom, bedroom. With all of those, you can get +25 morale at near-zero long term cost, just few extra milliseconds of travel time.

Long-term solution is to convince Klei to change the "sleep shift" to "sleep point" which works something like "after this point, dupe goes to sleep until 100% stamina". In large colonies, sleep shift alone will always have some dupes oversleep and some dupes skip sleep.

5 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

As by title i am having troubles with the hot tub. They use their hot tub during downtime and it takes so much time to finish that they continue during sleep time as well. Instead of going to bed, they start their shift with like 30% stamina, which ends in sleeping during work time.

Is it a bug or am I messing something?

Hottub and sun bathing take a ridiculous amount of time.  Given how easy morale is to get, and how easy it is to control how much you need, there are several of the new rec machines I would put in the "never use" pile.

1 hour ago, paranoid945 said:

I use door control to achieve this, two door, one for access control, one for the one way left, the door only accessible during specific time.

I understand how this mechanism can prevent them getting locked inside but how do you make them "leave the equipment" when you want? Clock sensor?

25 minutes ago, Junksteel said:

I understand how this mechanism can prevent them getting locked inside but how do you make them "leave the equipment" when you want? Clock sensor?

I think the idea was that you only let them in near the start of rec time and once it's getting too late, don't let them enter any more.  That point needs to be early enough that anyone that has started can still finish before bed time.

Why not put the rec time in the morning?  If they sleep through some of it then no big deal.

1 minute ago, psusi said:

I think the idea was that you only let them in near the start of rec time and once it's getting too late, don't let them enter any more.  That point needs to be early enough that anyone that has started can still finish before bed time.

Why not put the rec time in the morning?  If they sleep through some of it then no big deal.

your idea sounds good! I'll give it a try.

9 hours ago, psusi said:

Not possible if your planning is spread over 8 different out of sync schedules, for dozens of dupes.

Which is my case (32 dups actually, aiming for 48)

10 hours ago, chemie said:

Hottub and sun bathing take a ridiculous amount of time. 

I agree. Vent tube also. Very very long time.

Does anyone know what the threshold of when dupes start becoming overjoyed is? Is it a flat amount above expectations, or is it a percentage above?

At some point, it becomes increasingly pointless to stack morale bonuses, because with decor bombing (+12 morale), mushroom wrap (+12), and with the nature reserve, washroom, bedroom, and great hall bonuses (+16 total), you can easily achieve expectations for even a maxed out dupe. That's not even including misc bonuses such as soda and espresso, 4-shift break, and interesting skills, you can easily push upwards of 65 morale.

60+ morale is a LOT, when even my specialized astronauts that have all basic general skills only require about 35 morale. I have difficulty getting dupes to consistently trigger overjoyed, so what more do I need to do, get burgers, and assign a 6-shift break so they can hit up all the major rec buildings?

12 hours ago, chemie said:

Hottub and sun bathing take a ridiculous amount of time.

Hot tub isn't worth it, as the conditions to make it work is incredibly annoying, but sunbathing is worthwhile if you use a sunlamp, you can get 2-3 dupes under one lamp with careful positioning, and you can automate the sunlamp with dupe sensors.

18 hours ago, OxCD said:

Not possible if your planning is spread over 8 different out of sync schedules, for dozens of dupes.

By morning of course, I meant right after they sleep.  Doesn't matter if they sleep at noon.

Archived