Wendy rework skin

So there has been already 1 or 2 topics about the Wendy rework. We'll see it pop again before it goes up for sure. Today I just want to pick your big brains about the exclusive skin that will come with her. It surely gonna be linked to the lore. What do you want to see. And there is also 3 item skins coming! 

Spit your ideas

I fully expect her to get some new features to put her more in line with their other reworked characters making her more unique and fun to play as....

when you compare the cast of Non-Reworked characters, to the ones that have Seen Reworks/DLC characters- Winona, Warly, Wormwood, Wortox, Wurt, Woodie, Willow.

it is clear that everyone needs new gameplay features.. I will be extremely disappointed if a Wendy rework was simply just fixing Abigail and that’s it.

compared to Wortox who can kill things for their souls, release said souls to heal everyone around him or use said souls to teleport around the map.

or Wurt who can craft swamp Biome structures and disguise other players so they don’t get punches in the face by Merms.

or Willow who can instantly cook her own food with her lighter, has full immunity to fire damage, can summon Bernie to fight for her when at low sanity.

you guys get the point- Simply making Abigail smart enough to not attack swamp tentacles isn’t gonna be enough uniqueness. :(

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

you guys get the point- Simply making Abigail smart enough to not attack swamp tentacles isn’t gonna be enough uniqueness

If they just make a new Abbigail AI. And they add more interactions with Abbi, I would be content. I kinda don't expect her to get new powers or anything. Anyways, the point of the topic was to not talk about that lol. 3 new items skins! Whats it gonna be?! What style linked to her lore is she gonna have. Maybe the fam @Zeklo can refreshes us with what we know of her backstory? :)

Honestly, I don't really know what they can give her at this point. Pretty much everything has been done before.

Cute girl, evil girl, cool skin, cute skin, mourning girl, creepy girl, ghost girl... And the doll niche was taken by Willow.

The only skins I can really think of is Flower Child except the flowers are all rotten and decayed. Skins would include Abigails flower, garland and maybe pretty parasol. The other one is Forlorn Doll 2. Since both Willows and Wendys backstories are about dealing with abandonment, one of which 'dealt' with it (though never really got over it) and the other is dealing with such.

I could imagine Wendy getting a skin set themed around school, like a uniform.

I really hope she'll get some skin that's related to her past, from the real world.

Or maybe, a happy Wendy, from back when Abigail still lived? I'd loved that. Tho her quotes would sound kinda funny if she were happy...

5 hours ago, csc_unit said:

If they just make a new Abbigail AI. And they add more interactions with Abbi, I would be content. I kinda don't expect her to get new powers or anything. Anyways, the point of the topic was to not talk about that lol. 3 new items skins! Whats it gonna be?! What style linked to her lore is she gonna have. Maybe the fam @Zeklo can refreshes us with what we know of her backstory? :)

No... that’s my point, she’s getting 3 new Item skins, but for WHAT?! They can’t all obviously be different styles and colors for Abigail’s Flower- though I wouldn’t mind a Blue Flower for a more Gothic looking vibe..

i Fully expect ONE of them to be a Flower Reskin, But the Other two Items have to be skins for either Existing items already In the game, or Like With Willow And Ashley.. a Reskin for a NEW item that is now part of her Playstyle.

47 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

or Like With Willow And Ashley.. a Reskin for a NEW item that is now part of her Playstyle.

Just a small correction but Bernie ain't a new item,he already existed before Willow's second rework in DST,he just got some buffs like the Big Bernie transformation on the refresh update.

What if Wendy could go around picking up roses and placing them on top of graves to Increase her Sanity and maybe even Sooth Angry Ghosts? There is a lot they can do with her Rework...

Feed Abigail Glow Berries to turn her into your very own personal night light.

Allow Wendy to Befriend Ghosts since Webber can Spiders & Wurt now has her Merm Army..

I’m thinking outside the box here. Personally I wouldn’t mind if her 3 Item skin set just came with a Gothic Abigail Flower, and her Funko Pop Mourning Viel Beekeeper Hat.. But I highly doubt that’s gonna happen. 

Maybe just give her a pretty hairbrush item skin for the Beefalo Razor.. idk.

So I rewatched a video from that dude with the fish as an avatar. And in there he speculates that Abbigail was probably killed during the earthquake that followed William's final act. The twins were seeing the show for the first time. I like the idea. Following that, the skin could be themed from that night where Wendy lost her sister. 

The smells of cotton candy, elephants, the magic tricks of her fabulous uncle. 

What did kid use to wear for the circumstance? A pretty attire, a hair knot, shiny shoes, a smile? That last time she was actually joyful. Back in the constant with the attire and she's not as happy as she was at the circus.

The item's skin could be circus-themed. Wait we got that already... Idk. 

Big chance the Abigail flower is gonna get a skin. mmm a garland as somebody said would be very cool. No idea for the third one.

What if Wendy and Abigail had a stronger bond with all that's beyond? Like, If Wendy dies, her ghost is a lot faster and has more/different interactions with the world. Or Abigail (besides of all that she currently does, this wouldnt replace anything) can  possess other creatures bodies, amping up their powers greatly and basically giving you semi-permanent control over creatures you wouldn't normally befriend (lesser mobs of course, no giants, I'm thinking it could be useful to get clockworks, treeguards etc.)

Exactly how to implement this gameplay wise.. eh... I'll need more time to figure it out. But I was just brainstorming a bit :D I have no idea how useful that would be either, but it sounds cool.

Archived